Nami Resort
All reviewspersonal butlerdiniwid beachsuite ocean viewbubble bathwhite beachmain beachother parts of the islandcaticlan airportfree transportbutler serviceromantic getawaydays stayprivate boatd mallboracay islandawesome stayjetty port
Reviewed 11 February 2011

We didn't have the opportunity to stay in this resort 'cause they're fully booked at that time but we had the chance to eat at their restaurant. NAMI in Ilonggo means Maganda/Nice. If you go to Boracay, don't miss the opportunity to eat at DINIWID's best restaurant. What's best about it?
1. Location. To go to their restaurant, you need to choose between climbing 100 steps or riding their scary and freaky wood elevator. So we chose the elevator and our helper chose the steps.
Elevator - one quick scary moment. You'll scream if it's your first time or your heart will just jump out of your body. =)
100 steps - it's ok if it's morning but if it's evening - it's scary, dark and freaky. So you decide?
2. People. They have the best people there. Microtel people are so nice to us but it's their job to treat us well since we're staying at their hotel but NAMI resort is as nice as them. I'm kinda surprised 'cause for my 10 days of staying at Boracay, I never encountered a Boracaynon who is nice aside from MICROTEL people. Even vendors are snob there. They're just nice to foreigners.
3. Price. It's affordable and the food is excellent. The menu is perfect for party people and even for the whole family. The price that's in the menu is the same price that is included in the receipt. Unlike the HAMA Restaurant that is so overpriced and will mislead you through their prices at the menu.
4. Ambiance. This is perfect for honeymooners, lovers, couple, family, and even party people because the place is fabulous. The view and the look of the hotel is like the hotels and restaurants at Santorini. It's windy and the view is perfect.
5. Food. The food is just right for its price. Probably the best food and restaurant at Diniwid, Boracay. Their food is tasty and unique. It's perfect! Don't forget to try their desserts.
6. Hotel. Wake up in your room to the magnificence of Boracay Island, with the sun dancing on the azure water and glistening on the white sand beaches. The hillside Nami Resort rooms are fitted with panoramic glass windows and a balcony with Jacuzzi to give guests a fresh, unmatched perspective of Boracay Island, the Sibuyan Sea, and the mountains of Aklan in the distance. Guests can take in from their rooms views of the delights that Boracay is famed for, and then simply board the elevator to enjoy the beach and the rest of what the island has to offer. The resort elevator leads to the deck, spa facilities, and to the stretch of Diniwid Beach. NAMI Resort's rooms are very expensive. Especially during super peak season. I think their rates start at Php 15,000 during super peak season.

We'll definitely eat and attempt to stay in this resort next time. If you want to eat in this resort, please call them first since their restaurant is always fully booked.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank AlwaysMissUnderstood
NamiResort, Reservations Officer at Nami Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from Nami Resort!

Thank you for your detailed observation of Nami.

We hope you could stay with us on your next visit to Boracay.

Reviewed 31 January 2011

Nami is possibly the best place i have ever come across on my travels - my husband and I got married at Nami in January 2011 with a group of approximately 40 people. In the lead up to the wedding, the communication between management and myself was of the highest level - so much so, I actually believed that it surely wasn't going to be everything they had promised. IT absolutely was more than we ever imagined though, we were absolutely blown away with the attention to detail, their staff are such beauitful people - with so much initiative!
On to the actual accommodation - t he rooms and views are spectacular, the food/restuarant is good, they have an amazing bamboo deck where you can soak up the sun or lay on the beach a stone's throw away. It's peacefully private and the butler's for each room are unobstruive and ever accommodating.
Definitely worth treating yourself if coming to this amazing island.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CandiMelbourne
NamiResort, Reservations Officer at Nami Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for the kind words! We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay in Nami.

We hope we made your special day a memorable one.

Reviewed 13 January 2011

We booked the hotel online at a day's notice because we were arriving New Year's Eve, The advertised rates are steep but once there we managed to negotiate a room for three times less - making it a fantastic £50 a night between two.

The setting is sensational. You arrive via an external bamboo elevator that is like the approach to a Bond film hideaway. The villas perch on a clifftop overlooking the ocean and have jacuzzis on the balcony, from where we watched New Year's fireworks with a bucket of chilled wine.

The staff are very well trained - a little haphazard at times but they more than make up for it with politeness, friendliness and willingness to cater to your every whim. My girlfriend was spiked by a sea urchin (very common in Boracay when the water is choppy) and they sorted her out with a bucket of vinegar without any fuss.

You don't need to pay for the (expensive) transfer - go by boat yourself and get a tricycle or Nami's free shuttle bus. The Ocean suite was beautiful, some of the others more basic but all with pretty much stunning views. The spa is also very good. The restaurant food is very good and reasonably priced, as are drinks. The sundeck is also very handy if you don't want to hit the beach. You are a 20 minute walk or so along the beach from the main resort action, which is over-developed and crowded and best avoided until you want to eat out.

We had a wonderful lazy week relaxing at Nami. Before they came up with the deal, we checked out hotels the entire length of the resort without seeing any as nice or competitively priced if you can haggle them down.

Nami is a credit to the owners. When you see the way many people in the Philippines still live in shacks, the vision to create such a well-designed resort in such a stunning setting and the standards of service and staffing they have achieved is highly impressive.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tpsontour

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your kind words!

We would be glad to welcome you again in Nami.

Reviewed 3 January 2011

Stayed here at peak time over xmas and new year so i thought that the hiked up prices were a lot in terms of the standard of accommodation. If you can stay here low season then I am sure it would seem more reasonable.
The staff are all utterly amazing. Smiles at every turn and your every need anticipated. My nami was a lady called Toni and she was brilliant. After day 1 she just knew what I wanted and when I wanted it even before I did in some cases! Ralph collected me from the airport and took me back and he was totally adorable. The location is brilliant at the end of Diniwid beach. The sun loungers on the deck made you feel very exclusive. Sun loungers could have been more comfortable- they did not have matresses like every other hotels loungers had. Not sure why. The lift up is mental. Never got used to it! Food is great and I thought it was very much worth the value. Breakfast was included in my rate + free swedish massages which were fab.
The rooms all have balconies with jacuzzi baths. Make sure you get your nami to run one for you (they take forever to fill up so plan ahead). I had one in the day time when it was raining and one in the evening time. Very romantic and relaxing.
The room itself was just OK. It was quite dusty and there were cobwebs in a couple of the lamps. The bed was perfectly comfortable. Loud air con but I always travel with ear plugs so no problem for me. Sun comes in through the blinds so that woke me up early every morning. You really are paying for the location, the view and the service.
I would recommend this place but having said that, I probably would not stay here again unless I got a really really good rate.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Muiriel77

Dear Sir/ Madam,

We are glad that you had a wonderful experience in Nami.

We hope to see you again.

Thank you.

Reviewed 18 October 2010

Nami sits above all the other resorts/inns at Diniweed, the most northen part of Boracay. We took its "elevator" made out of wood and bamboo to Nami's reception. Despite the understandable noise and oftentime a somewhat sudden launch when descending, the elevator appears to be working stable and safe. It is opearted by a staff from the resort at all times.

Out of the elevator, we were led to the reception. The receptionist of that day was polite and informative. There are three types of rooms at Nami. Upon our request to see the room, the receptionist took us to the only room not occupied that day, and we both loved it right away. I recall it was a Seaview Surpeior Room. For an approximately PHP 1,000 difference, we eventually decided to take the Seaview One-bedroom Suite. It was not a peak season. We bargained a bit and ended up with PHP7,500 for one night. We also booked a Swedish Spa for 2.

Our butler Ged escorted us to our room after we checked in two days later. The living room was huge, with a jacuzzi-equipped balcony. The view from balcony was the entire diniweed sea area, stunning.. He then showed us the bedroom, connecting to the washroom (separate from the shower room and the toilets). What I like about the place is that Nami put in a water dispenser where we can have "unlimited" driking water during our stay, free all the fuss about saving on the pitiful 2 free bottle of daily drinking water or planning on getting water on our way. What a seemingly complex problem for other hotels, Nami made it straight and simple here.

Then it's a spacy shower room and two separte rooms with toilets. We were literally lost after following Ged through all these rooms. All rooms were nicely decorated. Nami and Ged succeeded in pleasantly surprising us. The only thing is that bedroom uses wooden blocks as curtain, which is not very well light-proof.

The Swedish Spa was absolutely wonderful. It is one hour and the most inexpensive on the menu but the staff did it without reservation. The Spa room was nicely scented with herbs. The two girls both have great techniques. Close to the end of the massage, they put some mint-scented essential oil on their hands and rubbed their palms against each other close to my nose. The smell of that scent made me feel that my sense became alive and could feel myself all the way till my chest. After several times of palms-rubbing, they applied the oil to my body, very soothing and relaxing. Another delicate experience was that they use finger tips to touch me from neck to kneels. It was as if their fingers were leading my senses and the nerves were interestingly worked up. All in all, it is a must-try if you are staying in Diniweed.

When we were out of the Spa Room, our butler Ged approached to us asking about our experience and told us that he had prepared jacuzzi for us. We returned to our room, and the balcony was lighted with candles and scented with essential oil. The Jacuzzi was filled with hot water, foam, and rose petals.. The scene was so beautiful that we decided to further delay our dinner. The regular lighterning that night which we could see from soaking in the jacuzzi added even more flavor to that moment.

The second day. Nami's breakfast is on a half-open air terrace. We as always showed up at all breakfast place 10 minutes before closing. After being seated at a table in the middle of the terrace, Ged helped us to move to seats facing the sea. I ordered the Greek Omlette. Best ever I have had.

Nami has all the things as a resort, nice view and room, smilling and considerate staff, good spa and great food. It also has a seriously carried out system those like a 5-star hotel. When the two is combined, your trip experience just gets elevated to a new height.

By the way, the One-bedroom Sea View room is at the highest height in that area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple