“A terrible experience in the irresponsible resort!!”
Review of Nami Resort

Nami Resort
Ranked #36 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 12 March 2013

To whom would like to stay in Nami resort, please take a deep consideration of it, it’s because your personal properties might be stolen during your stay, and this is really what happened to me.

My black iPhone 4 with wooden cover was stolen in Nami resort on the 1st or 2nd of March. It was supposed to be a wonderful stay at NAMI during my Boracay holiday, but my personal belonging was missing from my room No.6! This is the worst situation to be in but I highly suspect that it was one of resort’s employees who stole my cellphone. My phone was taken from my backpack as I have never taken it out during my stay; later I found it missing the day prior to my departure. After I reported the theft incident; in addition, the manager of housekeeping confessed to me that many instances of thieves stealing money at this hotel.

Why is it that supposedly the best hotel in Boracay does not even have safety boxes in their rooms or surveillance cameras in the public area even the lobby and hallways? Such lack of protective measures only encourages convenient stealing! What is more, I have to claim that no one informed me about "the safety deposit boxes in the front office" at any time while I was at the resort. It was me who asked the receptionist whether she could help me secure my passport at the front desk, otherwise who knows what would have happened to it.

Handling of theft situation by the management of the resort is truly disappointing. It clearly shows a lack of interest in the way your customers are treated, and shows that no serious investigation ever took place. Just showing me a few handwritten statements of the cleaning staff (one of them scribbled in very shaky handwriting and without any clear detail of what actually happened!) is obviously not making things any better. None of them had mentioned the backpack with my iPhone that was moved from the floor to the living room table. So it seems to me that the staff was not even asked the correct questions in order to settle this issue. If Nami were truly concerned about the truth, they would have taken other measures!

I'm very disappointed that a well renowned (or so I thought) resort such as the Nami, doesn't care about their guests belongings being stolen on their premises and with it ruining their holidays.
With the prices charged for your rooms, one might expect professional staff training and better management. Unfortunately I couldn't find any of it at the Nami Resort. On top of that, I felt unsafe at times and my view of Nami has drastically changed forever.

I am hoping my terrible incident could warn all visitors to avoid this situation. If you still like to enjoy your holiday at Nami resort, please be aware of your personal stuff otherwise you will never know when it will be gone!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank IfeomaLin
NamiResort, Reservations Officer at Nami Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Greetings from Nami Resort!

First of all we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you had when you visit our property last March 2013 and for the inconvenience this incident may have caused you. And we would like to apologize as well for the late response for this review.

The Management made the necessary investigation regarding this matter and will be sending you an e-mail separately.

We reiterate and sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

beautiful hotel on side of cliff with views across diniwid bay to die for! Rooms are very large ours had a spa bath on balcony which the staff filled & set up with flowers & candles on request.
We had our very own Butler Toni who was there to make sure all our needs were met! Every
day our sun beds were made up ready for us to use over looking the clearest water you have ever seen ! The food was great &service likewise. Just a few points to note ,there are a lot of stairs to your rooms so if you have mobility problems this could make a stay here difficult .The
massages were great & there are a lot of nice places to eat & drink in Dinwini including Cheers
sportsbar &Wahoo for great pizzas.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
NamiResort, Reservations Officer at Nami Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Greetings from Nami Resort!

Thank you for your review and we are very happy that you have enjoyed your vacation with us.

We hope you could stay with us again on your next Boracay trip.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

This location is amazing, I always leave more happy each time I go. I would recommend them without thinking once! The chef and managers are delight as well, the service is awesome. Place to be on Friday night!

• Stayed: February 2013
NamiResort, Reservations Officer at Nami Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Greetings from Nami Resort!

Thank you for your concise review. We are very happy to know that you had a very pleasant stay with us.

We hope you could stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

The biggest plus point lies in the full ocean view. The butler has been very helpful,thank you Ceaser! Suite is spacious and functional,at 1time the aircond leaks but they rectified it within half an hour. The shuttle service has been efficient and timely,even the driver has been very informative,especially Barry. We also like to highlight the restaurant-besides having a fantastic view, the dishes are just amazing, we had at least 1 meal daily,all the employee are well trained professionally and displayed hospitality beyond expectation.
Our only complaint ignited during the first day, where we were not informed on the shuttle availability,waiting endlessly in the room, the receptionist finally came to our door, with a stern face, reminding us the van has been waiting for half an hour,later we found out the phone ringer tone has been 'Off'! There are plenty of red ants around the jaccuzi, apparently some joined me in the bath,not before leaving a sting!

• Stayed: January 2013

Greetings from Nami Resort!

We are happy to know that you are satisfied with the personalized service of Nami Resort and we thank you for letting us know your comments as these are very important to us.

Please do visit us again on your next Boracay Vacation.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

The oasis-like resort is set away from the crowds of White Beach. But still walking distance to all the action. Sitting along the hillside, this place has some amazing views of beautiful, blue, bright Boracay. The service is attentive and eager to please.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeanutButters

Greetings from Nami Resort!

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We hope you could stay with us again on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

We did not stay here for the night. I wish we could have as rooms looked very nice but they were booked early as it was New Years!
I came during the day and booked a 3 hour spa treatment. A salt scub, followed by a honey and milk wrap.....and then an hour long massage! Less then $100US for 3 hours is a bargain! The spa room had amazing views, and fresh open air flowed in threw the open window and doors! It was one of the best Spa treatments Ive experienced!
After the Spa I spent the day relaxing and swimming from the deck. It was far enough away from the crowds of Station 1, 2 and 3......., with great food, and good service!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Nami Resort!

We are very happy that you have enjoyed your spa treatment at Nami Spa and were able to enjoy the deck even for just a short visit.

We are looking forward for you to experience other personalized service of our resort on your vacation in Boracay.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

The Nami Resort is a hidden gem on Diniwid beach. Its a bit of a walk from where the car drops you off but you only have to walk across the beach as your butler carries the bags and organises anything else you need. We had Erwin and were very impressed.

The rooms are well appointed and showers great, the views of the beach are impressive. Its nice to be away from the madness of White Beach but still close enough to walk there.

Many a day could be spent on Nami's private sun deck. Dont be scared by the lift.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir / Ma'am

Greetings from Nami Resort!

We greatly appreciate your time to write the review.

We hope you stay with us again soon.