“Best quality for money on white beach- and I compared”
Review of Nami Resort

Nami Resort
Ranked #40 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 5 February 2009

Before booking Nami I had read contradictory reviews, but went there anyway as Friday s was full. We loved Nami. Of course as a lot of high end hotels in Boracay it is overpriced, compared to qulity hotels in thailand and malaysia e.g.
But compared to other boracay hotels, it is far from the noise and people of south white beach but you can walk there, all rooms have a breathtaking view on the sea, you have a helpful butler, - even added black clothes on the shutters for me to keep out sunlight in the morning - the shuttle and the beds on the teck platform on the beach are always available, the food is good, although a bit heavy..
Of course, teh details in the rooms are not what you expect. Furniture, bathrooms, TV, are average or need fixing and for 200 euros a night you might want more attention to details. But (specially room 3) you have space and view - and outside jaccuzzis - and feel good.
We have seen a junior suite at brand new Discovery Shores, really no charm, view on.. the courtyard, and standard room is 400 USD!!! ( But Indigo restaurant at Discovery is the best in boracay) - And Friday's rooms have no view either, for more than 200 euros a day.
PS> DON'T go there with Zest Airlines, 50% chances your flight is plainly cancelled. when the plane does not end up directly in the zest airlines waiting room at Caticlan airport...

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sophsoph

Reviewed 13 January 2009

Wanted a very relaxing vacation and we got more than what we hoped for. Nami went over and beyond taking good care of us.

- Food: I normally do not like hotel food because it's usually overpriced and tasteless. Nami's meals were delicious to the point that we often chose to eat back in Nami instead of eating in one of the restaurants by the beach.
- Service: Especially notable was when we had to check out few hours before our flight, the staff went out of their way to find another room for us to shower in so we'd be comfortable during our flight. And for the rest of our stay, service was just as excellent - always had towels and drinks ready for going to the beach and we never had to lift a finger while at the resort.
- Massage: We get massages at least once a week in Manila and were not sure how good the Nami massage would be. It was amazingly good and hit the right spots! Combined with the ambience of the sound of waves and fresh breeze, it was absolutely perfect.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dana09
Reviewed 8 January 2009

Nami has the best champagne brunch! Not only the food was good, the service was above average. They assigned a butler especially for us. He helped us to book the sunset sailing, prepare the meal and champagne for us, helped us arranging it with the boat-man since we don't speak Tagalog and made sure everything was picture perfect! Too bad it was too cloudy that afternoon and I wasn't with a guy of my dream... >_<
Anyways, when we got home, the butler already prepared our private jacuzzi with rose petals and candles around it...beautifully done..
The staffs was so friendly and very helpful. A special thank for the hands on manager there, ms. Irene Kramer.
Too bad it was not located in the main beach of Boracay, but it gives an advantage for us to have an amazing view!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel_and_dine
Reviewed 5 January 2009

My boyfriend and I just come back from a marvellous stay at Nami villas for christmas and new year 09.

We arrived off the plane at Caticlan airport and kindly greeted which are hoilday began there...we got on a boat and a nami shuttle bus was waiting, we walked across Diniwid beach to the lift of nami villas...our bags were carried for us.

A very warm welcome from all the staff and was introduced to our butler Rigner, who served us breakfast in the restaurant or in our room, and he remembered that my boyfriend eats left handed, he even change our money at an exchange and bought cigarattes, also brought towels to the beach for us, the service remarkable and food excellent, its like being treated like royalty.
The staff are really good at remembering the things you like to keep you happy.

We stayed in room 3 one of the best, with balconey and jucuzzi, views are speachless and words cant explain the picturess beach and sea absolutely gorgeous. Rooms are clean and tidy room service twice daily.

We had free internet and a massage every 2 days which was very good and relaxing.

The shuttle bus will take you anywhere you want to go, we went to the fish market on christmas day, where we bought live fresh lobster, prawns and crab and got the little cafes to cook them for us and looked around the market.

We have never stayed in such a relax and chilled out place with such warmth and exceptional service.

Nami on Diniwid is recommended to those who are looking for a personal touch of luxury, quiet and relaxing break away from all the parties which alot of at white beach.

We thank Rigner and friend for sorting out our return flight as it was cancelled due to repairs by seair which we would of missed all connecting fights back to UK, we would of not got this if in another hotel.

Thanks to all who made are stay a perfect one.

Also thanks to Queen who sorted the reservation.

It was the best 2 weeks we have ever experience.

Rachel and Steve (UK)

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank namiUk
Reviewed 22 October 2008

Actually we never stay at Nami, but for massage and have dinner there. My wife and I choose the "Ultimate Relaxation Package" cost Php2600. Nami do provide shutter service for us(we stay at boat station 1) on that day of massage. The private cabana facing the ocean was superb. The view just unbelievable and I was speechless when they performed massage because I can't imagine that I was there. The masseuse was great, polite and very professional(massage till every inch of your body). Their prices very reasonable as compare to Mandala Spa or Tirta Spa(we went to Tirta spa also) where you can't find this type of service and the beautiful scenery on top of the cliff.
After massage, we went up for dinner. One of the dish we order was grilled prawn.....??(kindly refer to photos i posted) which I highly recommended(trust me). Maybe dine in at Nami a bit costly, but with these scenic and the ambient around you, it is worth what you have spent(especially with your wife/love one).
After dinner, I was very surprise(without our request) when the front desk staff(Camille) told me that the shuttle van was waiting to send us back to resort. Moreover, we were accompany by a guard with a torch light(around 8pm) to guide us to the pick up point. I was very touching with this kind of service. But along the stairway to the beach, it was too dark at night. Probably should fix some lights. Overall we really enjoyed the moment at Nami and very statisfied of their staffs. Hope that we will come back again............
From : Eric Tye

Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EricTHL
Reviewed 22 May 2008

Nami is a boutique hotel tucked away in a far corner of Boracay. I went there with my boyfriend and we picked this hotel for its secluded location. Mind you, Boracay isn't very big and it takes about 10 minutes by car to reach the main strip.
Nami has an amazing view on the top of the cliff and all rooms provide a superb view of the beach.
The hotel arranged for our pick up at Caticlan airport and took us directly to the hotel. Since it is on a cliff, we had to take an old outdoor elevator to get to the lobby area. There are stairs, however, that lead up to the top and I much prefered the walk.
The rooms are very clean and adequately equipped but was a bit dark. On the first night we had a bit of an ant problem but was taken care of immediately.
The attentive personal butler service at Nami is also worth mentioning. Our butler Jed was always at our call and never seems to sleep! He was there to bring us breakfast in the room, snacks and he even prepared a bubble bath with rose petals on our balcony when we were out! The shuttle service was probably the most valuable service they had though. The hotel has its own van which takes people around the city for free. All you had to do was book the van 30 minutes in advance. Everytime we booked the car, it would always show up earlier than us. Every single time, no matter how on time we were, there was the driver waiting patiently for us at our meeting spot. It took us to the main beach strip, other hotels, restaurants etc.
The massage was also very nice, in a room with a beautiful view. Also very reasonably priced.

Overall the experience was great and was really really nice to be away from the main beach strip. Whenever we walked through the chaos there, we were just glad we have stayed at Nami.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HongKongNana
Reviewed 3 April 2008

This was the first time I visited Boracay. I stayed at Discovery Shores and Nami for two nights respectively. When I told Nami that my rate with Discovery Shores was not included airport transfer, they offered the pickup service for me from the airport to Discovery Shores. What a nice move!!

The day we moved to Nami from Discovery, we were served with the welcome drinks and cool towel. The Nami (butler) took us to room number 1 and the room was huge with the outdoor Jacuzzi with a big balcony. Room 1 and 5 are located at the lower floor which closest to the front desk. I like the location of my room, as I did not have to walk to many steps to the elevator. If you like more privacy, I think room # 2 is better. I had tried to spot the room from Diniwid Beach, room 1 could be clearly seen at night time, but room 2 (the room at the upper floor of number one) was concealed from the tree.

Although the hotel claimed that Diniwid Beach is the private beach for Nami, there are several hotels on the beach. Besides, the villagers and the fisherman walked around the Diniwid Beach, it was actually not a quiet beach at all. Besides, the sand in Diniwid Beach is not as powdery fine as Station 1 in White Beach. I loved staying at the sundeck rather than on the beach. The Nami granted an icebox which stored the icy towels and bottle water whenever we stayed at the sundeck. Not much marine life can be found in the sea, I could only see a few of fishes.

The service of the butler was fabulous, they tried their best to satisfy the guests’ needs. I called to my butler several times each day to reconfirm my flight, make reservation, arrange the transportation & etc, and they responded fast. The massage provided by Nami’s Spa was one of the best part in Nami. Without our asking, the butler prepared the bubble bath with romantic candle light in our room every evening when we got back from spa. How sweet it was.

The breakfast in Nami was ok. The selections of breakfast were even lesser than Discovery Shores’. I think it was probably because of the room guests in Nami were less than Discovery Shores. I did not take the dinner in Nami, because the prices of the food were too expensive. I walked to the hostel just beside Nami and had dinner in their restaurant.

The room amenities were old, but very clean, as they cleaned the room couple of times per day. I had never seen the housekeeper, as they cleaned up the room when we went out. I think Nami should renovate the room, as the room rate is that high.

Thanks for Queen and Leah for all the information and assistances to me.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple