“If you like great service instead of an LCD tv.”
Review of Nami Resort

Nami Resort
Ranked #37 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 11 June 2010

This hotel is the best hotel on the island! Me and my wife have been to numerous resorts around the world and have never found one this friendly and charming. The people here seem to really care. I took my wife's parents and grandparents and we were overwhelmed by their efforts. First off, this is recommended for people who don't want the noise and crowd of the main beach. We spent 4 nights there and there was no more than 6 people on our side swimming. From morning till night the whole place had a very relaxed feel with not one bad view of the ocean in the whole place. Transportation os free burner found ourselves taking a nice 25 min stroll on the sand to D*mall in the mornings and calling for a ride back later. My wife has a very sensitive stomach and this was the only place we ate that didn't upset her stomach. And the food was great. Our nami pampered us from
start to finish. We found ourselves staying at the resort and enjoying their services, including numerous massages, more than other parts of the island. The final day, we were snorkling and my wife's grandfather got bit by a poisonous sea snake. We quickly informed the hotel who picked us up and took us to the local clinic. They then kept everyone informed and when the antivenom was not available on the island, The hotel, not the hospital, made all the transportation arrangements including flights and ambulance rides to Manila. They even sent their manager along to translate for us!! They went way above our expectations and provided us with a very memorable experience.

1  Thank Jerald475

Reviewed 3 June 2010

We transferred to Nami after we spent a night at one of the hotel (which I also reviewed) on the White Beach.

Nami Resort granted our request to use their service to pick us up upon our arrival in Caticlan and drop us at the other hotel on the White Beach. They also arranged for our transport during the transfer to their hotel on the next day.

We received a superb service during our stay there, especially by our personal butler (Nami Joseph).
Upon our arrival, we were greeted by the staffs and they even brought us hats since we had to walk on the beach to reach the hotel. The elevator to the hotel was an unique experience since it was operated manually and had a rough stop.
At the reception, we were served with welcome drinks which had a great and refreshing taste. Nami Joseph even handed out cold refreshing towels since the weather was very hot.

The room is nice and has a great view over the beach and ocean even it is showing a little bit of its age. There is an outdoor (old) Jacuzzi as well. We requested for bubble bath one evening and it was well taken care of by our Nami. When we returned to our room, the Jacuzzi was already setup in romantic ambience with candles and flowers.

Nami Joseph was also very responsive in accommodating our request. He prepared towels and bottles of water in ice box whenever we decided to go to the beach or go for the island hopping.

The restaurant has a nice view of the beach and the food was also very nice and tasty. They also served free snacks at the tea time.

The resort is located up on the hill. It is not recommended for those who need ease of access since you will need to climb the steps before you can reach the elevator. It is quite a distance from D'mall on the White Beach. We didn't find this as a problem since the resort provided shuttle service and could be availed easily with arrangement.

The Diniwid beach was quieter than the White Beach. However, it was covered by algae at the time of our visit.

Will definitely go back and stay there if I have the chance to go back to Boracay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DryIze
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Nami Private Villas was definitely great -- we would choose to stay there again if we went back. But I don't think we will as we found Boracay too crowded and commercialized when we were there in April 2009.

I'm glad we stayed at Nami; I think it has more charm and is less ultramodern and impersonal compared with the newer beachfront resorts.

Pros
- away from White Beach (not beachfront); quiet and private
- awesome views from your own terrace with jacuzzi
- van with driver on call to take you to/pick you up from any part of the island
- great service (my dress got torn and was mended for free, jacuzzi prepared with bubble bath, flowers and candles for when we returned to the resort, staff loved our 7-month-old son)
- lovely food (try the salpicao for lunch and the Filipino breakfast) -- even if you choose not to stay here, it's well worth going to the restaurant
- daily free merienda of Filipino snacks (suman, maruya, etc.)

Cons
- away from White Beach; restaurants and bars are not just outside
- resort is showing its age a little bit
- weak wifi signal in room
- van is old; no aircon (you don't spend a long time in it anyway)
- no pool

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank UkPaula
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Me and my girlfriend had our stay in Nami in late April 2010. We booked the rooms from asiatravel and the process was smooth.
Our experience of Nami started with the pick-up. The driver of Nami shuttle bus as very friendly and helpful. Then we checked-in from the front desk, and we were introduced with our butler, "Nami Joseph". He is definitely our worst experience in Boracay.
First, he is not very polite. When he delivers meals to our rooms, all he said was "Sign." that indicates me to sign the bill. There was no "Thank-you" or "enjoy your meal" at all.
Second, he is not very helpful. When we requested him to prepare the Jacuzzi for us. He said "Now??.." and shown a reluctant face.
The rest of the staffs were generally friendly and sincere, but one poor butler gave us terrible impression.
We stayed in room 7, which is a beach view room. There is one big tree blocking our view right in the middle, I do not under stand why they would keep this tree. The room is small, when you correlated it to its price. The interior in clean, but somehow shown some aging. The lock of the toilet door is broken. and the wooden floor of our room is cracked, this is possible to hurt your feet when you carelessly stepped on it. Don't expect too much in the Jaccuzi, this is old and the water power is weak.
About the position, this is simply no good. The small beach where Nami located is dirty, it is all covered by algae. and sometimes there are terrible smell when the algae dries. the sand is rough and there are stones and shell. The sand is no way comparing to those on the white beach. Nami is far from the dmall, it takes around 20 minutes on shuttle van. and the shuttle van is not always avaliable, for example, from 11am to 2pm.
In short, I won't recommand Nami to you as a US$100++ resort.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JosephWC
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Stayed in Nami with my kids for the Easter holiday. I read many reviews before making a reservation (stiff cancellation policy). I have to say that looking back at the reviews, I've found most of the positives, and some of the negatives too.

Traveling with my 2 kids (7&9 years), having something 1 minute from the beach is a must. Nami is located by a small beach / cove at the end of White Beach (Dinawi Beach), with some other small establishments around it. Far from the noisy areas, but close enough if you need to indulge in the ear-shattering music and round-the-clock dancing of White Beach. Some of the Island's top resorts (Shangri La) are on this side too, and I guess not by chance......

The beach feels quite private and I was at ease to leave the kids roaming around, as the water is very quiet, and shallow for the first hundred meters from the shore. Mind you, it's a small beach compared to White Beach. Water was reasonably clean, but mind you, polluted.

There are some algae floating, in limited quantities compared to the nightmare on White Beach. White Beach is plagued with algae, especially at the far end of it (Station 3) where the water was totally covered in them for some 3 / 4 meters from the shore. These seem to thrive in heat and nutrients, nitrates and phosphates that come........ you guessed it, from untreated waste. Don't buy into the algae being a consequence of currents or other fancy explanations. (Human) waste it is. A serious reminder of the effect of all of us going there on the environment. :-(

Service at Nami is excellent, on par with any world-class resorts you can think of. It's small (12 rooms) and staff to Customer ratio is high. Staff seem to have worked there for long (some as long as 8 years), and it shows. They took care of all possible needs (plane ticket changes, boat renting, shuttle reservations, inflatable raft for kids, just anything). Spotless.

Food: The view from the restaurant is priceless, point. I know, I should talk about the food..... Their food is nothing to call home about. Reasonably priced, but expect no haute cuisine or top ingredients here. Rather like a diner. Portions are decent size.

Room: Fantastic views once more. Well, the rooms....... are rather spartan, clean, but simple. Sub par mattresses, old bedding (very clean though). Nice-size LCD TV and in-room DVD player (there's a DVD selection at Reception). Bathroom is clean, but again, no-frills. An (older) jacuzzi in the balcony. My kids enjoyed it quite a lot.

Internet access on Wifi was patchy for the first few days, then it stabilized. Decent speed. Our room was above the restaurant, so we got a decent signal, but I understand it might not be the case in some other rooms.

Bottom line: I would have loved this place had it cost 30% less, but I think it's overpriced at the asking rates. Some little nice resort next door asks 50% less for a room...... and I might consider it seriously next time.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Loved the layout and ambiance of this hotel - amazing views of the ocean from every room and a jacuzzi to boot. The service is the best I have ever experienced. Airport pickups/drop offs seamless. If I come back to Boracay I won't stay anywhere else. Incredible value for money. I really like the location away from the touristy bustle in the main part - this area was quiet and secluded.....loved it!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2010

The hotel may be a bit pricey for a 3 star hotel but what they lack in amenities they compensate it for the service and the view. The staff are very warm & courteous and do the best they can to make your stay a relaxing and memorable one. The food is awesome and they really pamper you with your own personal butler whom would attend to your needs. I love the outdoor elevator truly unique and fun, the resort has a has a touch of filipino architecture which i really like compared to the modern resorts nearby which is more commercialized and lacks warmth. The restaurant has a birds eye view of the Diniwid beach and you can even see the action of White Beach people jetskiing, parasailing or even just island hopping.. all rooms have outdoor jacuzzi which i enjoy especially watching the sunset with someone you love. Since im staying in a Deluxe accomodation close to the restaurant i have a wifi access to my room and even on my veranda =) The downside of this resort is their shuttle service going to and fro D'Mall is only till 11pm so if you want to go out and party till the wee hours get a local tricycle instead. Other than that the shuttle service is on time. Book your trip to D'mall 30 minutes in advance so they can arrange the shuttle for you. If you dont mind hiking and away from the party scene of Boracay then Nami is the resort for you. Perfect for honeymooners, families with older children or friends who just want to enjoy the serenity of Boracay just the way it was...

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple