“Excellent Resort”

Sea Wind Boracay Island
Ranked #34 of 148 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We were in Boracay in April 2011. The location of the resort is very good. it is not in a very busy area but it is still central. All amneties are a 10 minute walk away and these are easily accessible through a walk on the beach. i would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keithbrmlt

Reviewed 31 May 2011

Sea Wind is an amazing hotel. Boracay is a beautiful island and Sea Wind really does it justice. The rooms are immaculate, and the tree house and pools over the road at the back of the complex are simply stunning. The beach side room we had was peaceful and quiet with an amazing view of the famous Boracay sunset.

The hotel is located at the top end of the main beach on the island and thus is away from the hustle and bustle of Dmall and the nightclubs in that area. The bar is great and the lounger service is excellent.

Overall, a great hotel, I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoeM42
Reviewed 9 May 2011

From what I saw on Boracay, Sea Wind has the best location and the widest beachfront of any hotel on the island. The outdoor areas of the hotel are very pleasant, with palm trees throughout the grounds and a bamboo and thatch bar area between the beach and pool. It’s also an easy walk to D Mall and the other attractions of Station 2, but Sea Wind itself is far less crowded than those areas.

We had a deluxe room which was at the back of the front section of the hotel (i.e. not across the road like some rooms). We didn’t like the room much – there was traffic noise and the bathroom was fairly old, but the main thing was that the bed was uncomfortable. I think they should replace the mattresses.

Breakfast was reasonable, with the usual egg station and pancakes plus fruit and some Asian selections. The BBQ beach buffet is very good value. The meat and fish were delicious and the setting of course is beautiful on the cool, powdery sand.

The staff at the beach bar were great and the man who checked us in (Jovan) was lovely and incredibly helpful. He really made us feel like we’d made a good choice when we arrived. Overall, I recommend Sea Wind for its location, but if I was going back I would try to get a better room, hopefully with a more comfortable bed.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lamington_jones
Reviewed 28 April 2011

This was my first time to Boracay but hopefully not the last. From the moment I stepped out of the van onto the property, I could tell I was in for a treat. Every member of the staff was willing to bend over backwards in order to make your stay that much more incredible (a special shout-out to Dharyl the bartender and his mean mango shakes). I've been to many "chain beach resorts" around the world, but something about the old-world charm, understated elegance, and relaxing atmosphere about the Sea Wind made for a truly relaxing, amazing experience that far surpassed any beach resort in the States (HI included). The very reasonable (USD$8) massages on the beach and a fresh coconut to sip from was the perfect way to start every day (and relieve the "pains" of the previous night's fun). The rooms were clean and spacious, and the resort in general always left me feeling incredibly safe (though its probably not recommended, we left our door unlocked the entire week and left belongings on the beach with no problem). Long story, short: get yourself over to Boracay and book a room at the Sea Wind; you'll wonder why you hadn't done it sooner.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank gilfilla
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Finally had a chance to spend my summer vacation with friends at Sea Wind Boracay. Never mind if the pool is too small, we still enjoyed our stay in the resort. Watching the scenery of the beach while lying down in the bench just in front of Sea Wind is amazing. But one thing i would never forget is their sumptuous dinner. Gosh! with a very reasonable price, we were delighted with sea foods, mongolian food, salads, grilled beef & pork and the dessert, its so yummy. Love it. I even went back there with my family after two weeks. Kudos to the chef. The staff are also accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank hanaphil
Reviewed 24 March 2011

This is my second time that we had this vacation in Boracay. But this time, this is a real enjoyment to us, as SEAWIND resort really giving us the great accmodation. Nice staff, the rooms are clean, no need for us to put our valuable things in a safety box, but they do have, great food, thanks to chef Lito, and beach.

i'm looking forward for our next visit here.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Marlou_23
Reviewed 18 March 2011

If you plan to be at the less-crowded area of the Boracay white sand strip, I suggest you stay at the Sea wind Resort. This resort boasts of a beautiful, native Filipino facility; the service is excellent - very friendly, pleasant-looking staff to serve you; and, don't miss their breakfast buffet which serves various, traditional, delicious Visayan dishes and native fruits(there are also American choices like thin pancakes with butter cream and bacon or sausages, among others). There are two pools in this resort; also a museum that will familiarize the guests with the history of Boracay and the family that handles the resort. There are also ammenities for affordable massage at the beachfront.
My husband and I had a wonderful vacation, indeed.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple