All reviews breakfast buffet beach side white beach other resorts private balcony the security guard garden view room was spacious lounge chairs d mall away from the hustle and bustle night life third floor recommend this resort boracay island family vacation beach bar
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We went there as a family of 2. Enjoyed their breakfast buffet so much. Swimming pool is a bit old and needs an update. In the middle of Station 1 so its less crowded and more peaceful. We enjoyed swimming on the beach and walking to the Grotto.
Not far from Astoria were we go for all the tours. Its much better compared to White House next door as though its an old resort but its been renovated and has modern facilities.

Room tip: deluxe beachfront only a few steps to the beach
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank carmelm720
Reviewed 15 January 2018

We had a horrible experience at the Sea Wind Resort.

We changed 2 rooms in 5 days. Both of them were dirty, with non- functional services (the most uncomfortable beds ever with springs that literally get into your body, the safe didn’t work, cockroaches were in the room, old food was kept in the fridge, the toilet flush and the drain of the shower didn’t work). Common spaces were also dirty, laid back, and old. Very poor Wi-Fi. Food at the restaurant was very mediocre. The beach mattresses were constantly covered in bird’s poop and sand. In the evening some truly crappy music plays covers until midnight. Overall, an awful and over priced holiday. Really do not recommend coming to this resort.

Spend more money and go somewhere else.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank Margherita M
Reviewed 15 January 2018

My wife and I got married year 2001 at Holy Rosary Parish Boracay. Last year our family (with 3 kids) took a four day vacation at the island and stayed at Sea Wind Resort. The place is located at station 1 which I find less crowded than station 2 and 3 area. The resort has two locations separated by a road. The beach front is the main area which includes the reception, outdoor pool, bar, dining place, family museum and the beach front rooms. The area across the road (where we stayed) is the garden area which is slightly elevated and has a tropical ambiance (trees, vines, lots of plants and grass lawn). You're in a tropical country so don't freak out if you see snails or insects around. Our room is spacious enough that we added a third bed. It has all the basic amenities, box air conditioner - not the latest model but does the job, internet is on the slow side but I think it's a nationwide issue. The place is somewhat secluded which is good if you want a quiet place to rest. There is also an outdoor pool but we prefer to go to the beach, which requires a short walk. There's a security staff at the main entrance that would assist guests in crossing the road if needed, sometimes would stop the traffic to give us priority. Being close to the road is convenient for easy access to public transport when you're planning to go around. The down side is that non-electric tricycles makes loud noise and if your room is close to the road then you'll be dealing with it. The beach front is a prime spot and is kept clean. I think it's a bit wider than the other side and is close to the iconic "grotto". There's enough reclining chairs available if you want to just lay back and watch your kids swim. There's also a security staff stationed in the area. If the weather has strong winds they (many beach front establishments) would set-up a barrier, like a plastic wall, to protect your eyes and gadgets from the fine white sand being blown away. It blocks the breathtaking view of the beach but they put it down once the weather calms down. Breakfast is free and I think there's enough good choices for a basic meal. One of my kids has multiple allergies and will only eat food that he's familiar with. All of the food places we inquired use coconut oil which could easily turn our vacation into a nightmare. We always bring Epipen but were not taking any chances. I asked the staff at Sea Wind if they could custom cook a deep fried chicken tenders (which is not in their menu) using vegetable or canola oil. I explained our situation and they took an extra step to make their guests happy and they prepared it. That act alone, I would rate them 5 stars. Other option for me is to take a tricycle ride to D'Mall and there's a McDonalds beside the main entrance since my kid likes their chicken nuggets. We were able to get a discounted vacation package at Sea Wind Resort which includes free boat and van ride to the place. So I can't complain about the price. Overall it was a great vacation and the kids had fun!

Room tip: Dont choose a room close to the road if you are sensitive to noise.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We love this buffet! It's great value for money with their food variety and freshness. My husband and I even went here for the second time because for us, no other buffets can match Sea Breeze. If I may suggest, choose the indoor area as the beachfront may be too noisy and too hot for you.

I would like to address Beijingnese's review which I feel is quite unfair to the lovely staff of Sea Wind. If you are a parent, especially of young children, it is YOUR responsibility to look after your kids, not the staffs' as they have other tasks in hand. They're not there to be your kids' nannies and minders, and the hotel and the restaurant is not a day care. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO LOOK AFTER YOUR KIDS, AND NO ONE ELSE'S.

Again, this is a very lovely place to go to, especially for a date night, or a fun night with the family... but please keep an eye on your young kids.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arlene W
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

luckily we arrived in boracay after typhoon urduja with my family,we had a great stay,friendly staff,and mr larry is very friendly and willing to help us whatever we need,.breakfast is awsome,they serve european breakfast and local like sinangag,tuyo etc,..will definitely come back at this hotel,...

Date of stay: December 2017