“Wonderful Resort”

Ranked #29 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Burke, Virginia
“Wonderful Resort”
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at this resort on Boracay and we couldn't have been happier! The location was perfect, in Station 1, which is much less busy and has a much nicer and wider beach than stations 2 & 3. It was a quiet location where you could relax and enjoy the surroundings and beach. It was an easy 15 minute walk down the beach to the busier Station 2 & 3, where all of the shopping, bars and restaurants are located.
We stayed in the Bamboo House and the room was very nicely decorated. We were about 30 steps to the beach from our room. The room was clean and we even had a little porch area outside with a wooden bed that we could lay on and nap (which we did).
The staff was very friendly (but so are most Filipinos), always smiling (again, so are most Filipinos) and they were very helpful. The resort grounds were very clean, the sand was raked every morning and we didn't see any trash on the ground. The breakfast buffet was excellent every morning, although I'll admit the Western food didn't look too good. The Filipino cuisine was great! And the best part was they set up a dinner buffet/grill on the beach every night. The food there was excellent too, you would walk up to the big refrigerated case, tell them which pieces of fish, chicken, pork, beef, etc you wnated, they would grill it for you right there in the beach and then serve it with rice. We ate there two nights and the 3rd night, we walked down to Friday's for their dinner and Filipino Folk Dancing, which was fantastic!
The last thing I need to comment on was the massages! They were wonderful, my girlfriend and I got one every afternoon on the beach! So relaxing.

Overall, this was a wonderful place to stay and we can't wait to go back and stay at Seawind again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eholo5yx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manchester
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We recently travelled to Boracay and stayed at the Sea Wind resort, we initially booked 5 nights only to see if we like the area and resort and we did and ended up booking another 5 nights at the Sea Wind, the rooms are spotless and staff are very friendly and welcoming especially the bar staff look out for Madz, Marvin, Daryl, Eeejie, Xander and Marlon who were all great. Once our first 5 nights were over we had to move to the other section of the sea wind that wasnt on the beach it was situated over the road from the front desk and in jungle surroundings and has two beautiful private pools again with stunning surroundings and waterfall. The only slight downside on this is they hens at the back of the room we were in (303) they were so noisy and no good for a lie in. The breath taking views from the main section of sea wind were amazing and well worth the long flight getting there for. The main pool is also great. The staff from the airport to boat station to the front desk to the cleaning staff and the bar staff and bell boys were all very polite and helpful and could not do enough for us. There was only one front desk member of staff who checked us out that annoyed me we had settled the final bill and checked out on our last day and had gone to breakfast before our departure and came and intererupted our breakfast accusing us of drinking 6 bottles of local water from the mini bar and not paying for them, we hadnt as whilst we were there I bought evian as wasnt keen on the local bottled water, he wasnt giving up on it until I insisted we hadnt drank it anyway after refusing to give into him and he decided to blame housekeeping anyway 99.9% were amazing so one person wouldnt put me off I would definately love to go to Boracay again in the near future as its very reasonable and lovely people not to mention the fatastic settings and beaches. The hotel does have free wifi, however, isnt the fastest but does the job.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank karenball
Makati City
Reviewed 31 July 2010

this is my 10th trip to bora and finally i found the perfect place to stay and it's SEA WIND, nothing fancy abount seawind , i just love where the resort is located and the villas are so homey......feels like home away from home, rooms are spacious, clean, no insects, towels are changed everyday and staff are very helpul and polite

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Northwest
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We picked this hotel because of two reason, the price and the location. Station 1 is the cleanest and not so populated beach front out of the 3 stations where most of the nicest resorts are. All out all the resorts on station one, I think Sea Wind gave the best bang for your buck. its nice, clean, and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Our room had sort of a view of the beach and since it was close to the main street, some of the culinary smell nearby would seep into our room but that wasn't a big deal, we got use to it after the first day, beside we spend 90% of the trip outside in the sun. Their buffets are pretty good and priced nicely for what they offer but you should definitely try to eat at different places while you're there. I would have given this review 5 points if it had not been for the bed. My bed was quite hard and the guest bed they had setup for my brother was a lot softer. The most important factor in a hotel is to provide a comfortable bed for the guest, in my opinion. Overall I had a great time, I would definitely come back here in the future.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Huyzee
california
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Love the Location! Real Beachfront! Not a lot of people like in Station 2 & 3! Love the breakfast and dinner buffet! dinner buffet by the beach!! Service is great! Will totally come back =)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Stayed for 4 nights under a promo which gave us an additional nigh for free. Rate was amazing because of the low season but it gave us ample opportunity still to snorkel, reef walk and enjoy the different beaches.

Staff were very friendly, constantly cleaning the facilities and always taking the extra mile to give you a great experience (like the extra mange shake portion for example). We didn't try the food much but with Boracay it's never a problem.

Rooms are great, wi-fi is free and the atmosphere is very cozy, with it's own pool near the beach. We're definitely going to try to make this an annual thing!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank madman101
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Boracay is one of the most beautiful islands in the Philippines. BUT, it has never been my favorite place because, apparently, everyone else thinks it is one of the most beautiful islands in the Philippines. Good thing we decided to go there during the first week of December when there are very few people around. I am not one who likes to bump into acquaintances on the beach during my vacation.

So, the location of Sea Wind (near Station 1) is perfect for me. More quiet, wider beach, few commercial establishments. Although I have to admit that this is also the pricier part of the island. But hey, I don't mind. If it means peace, quiet and quality family time, it is worth it.

My husband's family had a family reunion after 6 years so we took 5 rooms. My own family drove to the island via highway and ferry. We arrived in Boracay at around 7 or 8 in the morning. When the staff at the hotel found out how long we have been driving, they told the owner who promptly fed us breakfast on them. We must have looked really tired. But the owner is a nice, maternal lady...not to mention generous.

The rooms were clean, comfortable and cold (perfect after a hot day on the beach). My husband and I got a room with the big bed. My kids got the room with 2 beds and a day bed. Perfect for us! The food was delicious (I am biased for Filipino and Ilonggo food). The shakes--yum! Kids, of course, liked the ice cream. On weekends, they set up a buffet dinner on the beach front.

The hotel is very family friendly--the pool was big but not too deep (ok for kids). There was a generously-sized playground for kids. Along their beach front, they had a bar and comfortable lounge chairs where one could watch the sunset or have a massage.

On the weekend that we were there, there was a wedding reception planned for Friday night. The staff styled the beachfront with lanterns and textiles. It was beautiful! The hotel is an ideal reception venue. It is likewise an ideal honeymoon venue. They have villas too.

So, Boracay in December at Sea Wind, near Station 1 was perfect for me. I have nothing more to ask for. Nice company, great memories.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family