“Lovely hotel, but not what we expected”

Sea Wind Boracay Island
Ranked #29 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Doha, Qatar
“Lovely hotel, but not what we expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

We expected a room on the beach. We were put in the other part of the hotel across the road, and at the very top - several flights of stairs to climb, so when you go out, plan to stay out until you want to go back for a while. The room was lovely, big and very quiet. The breakfast was fine, but the staff was a bit lax in terms of follow up. Seems that they were more concerned with the bigger parties than with the couples. Boracay itself is very, very commercial, so if you are looking for something less busy, would not recommend it. It's also very expensive for the Philippines. We stayed in several other locations for less than half the price that were nicer.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spirit2006

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

When my husband and I went to Boracay we stayed at Sea Wind, Boracay. This resort/hotel is really good and fair for its price.

The rooms are clean. The sheets are cool. The comfort rooms are clean. The hotel is along the Boracay’s beach stretch and we were able to watch the sunset during our stay.

What I like about this hotel is that they have a private pool where we swam a lot because there aren’t too many people swimming. The food is acceptable and the place is just around 5 minutes away from D’Mall just incase you want to shop around.

I am not a ‘beach person’ but Sea Wind made beach vacation acceptable and enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tubby_Traveler
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2010

Granted that there are other more luxurious hotels on Station 1, I would give Sea Wind the highest recommendation especially for the price value. From the time we were met at Caticlan Airport to our departure to our second destination, we had such a great time. The staff was really accommodating. I don't know why there were comments about the breakfast. Maybe management read the reviews, listened & made changes. But the breakfast was more than adequate in my opinion. The room assigned to us is just right. I complained about the mattress & they replaced it with something that's a little bit more comfortable. (My friends who later came were assigned to a room close to the road & it seemed like that needed some upgrading.) The location is perfect - the widest beach ever & at the quiet end of Boracay. We enjoyed the pool as well as the beach area. The owner introduced himself to us during our 1st morning at breakfast & gave us tips & chatted with us briefly. He seemed friendly & relaxed maybe that's why his staff seemed that way, too. Just good energy overall.

BTW, we loved that free WIFI is accessible either in your own room or at the beach - just about anywhere in the facility. It was quite humid even in November & sometimes we'd rather just hang-out in our air-conditioned room. Having WIFI-access is a major plus & quite convenient.

My only recommendation is to take 1 step further when checking-out guests to see if their flights are delayed or canceled so their guests can hang-out while trying to resolve their flight changes or even make a decision to extend their stay. Our flight out of Caticlan to Cebu was canceled because we suspect the Air Philippines pilots didn't want to fly during the Pacquiao match. (Air Philippines customer service in Kalibo sucks!)

Overall, I would highly recommend this resort & would not hesitate to recommend (which I already have) to friends in the Philippines & the US!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Juju811
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

Sea Wind resort is located on powdery White Sands beach.It took us nearly 2 days to get there from Boston, MA, USA but it was well worth it! My daughter & I went for my brothers wedding, she's from Illio illio.

Room:
We had a room with 2 twin beds located on the 2nd floor above reception. No view really but we didn't spend a lot of time inside. It was large and clean & the beds were comfortable.. The bathroom had a large walk in shower and we had a small fridge.
Food:
Breakfast and one dinner were included in our room price. Breakfast was ok, they had fruits, and made to order omeletes,. Mangoes are the best in the world and the little banana's were yummy. They also had a different type of little hot dog everyday. Different for us American's but isn't that why we travel.
Dinner is where they really shine. It's a buffet that costs around $10 US-different stations are set up on the beach and you select your meats/seafood/chicken & veggies and depending on the station they'll grill it or stirfry it. The shrimp & oysters were amazing I find myself want to go back just for them. You sit at tables set up on the beach and watch the sun set as you eat. We had dinner and lunch at 3 other places and Sea Wind was the best!
Pools:
They had 3 pools. One is in the main area and was fine but if you really want to relax head across the street & up the stairs to discover the 2 hillside pools. We were always the only people there.
Location:
Walk to the left a mile or so down the beach to D'Mall you'll find lots of shops, bars & restaurants. Need a massage? Look for D'Spa in D'mall for the most delightful massage for only $15 US! I went twice.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank magmid
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

This time we want to give our review of a resort because people should be aware of what they get.

It is not value for money at all, staff seems like they dont care if you are there or not, and they were not busy while we were there. Breakfast was the same every day and if you are not keen on asian breakfast, it is difficult.

They have a BBQ on the beach most of the week, not recommandable.

The location is very good if you want to relax and enjoy the beach as it is at the nice end of the beach where it is not too busy.

You should consider arranging your own pick up from airport since they are almost twice as expensive as other resorts on this service.

We mooved to Ambassador in Paradise the last night there and for the same price we got all that we had expected from Sea Wind. Great service, good food, new big rooms and a place we defenitely are going back to.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kat0007
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

It's my nth time in Boracay and I have had may fair share of bad and good accommodations. Staying at the Sea Wind has been by far the best! The buffet breakfast they have is heaps better than the ones I've had in other places. The room that we got (3 adults + 1 child) was very spacious. (If you must know, it's the Aklan room #10). Although the signal of the wi-fi is not as strong inside the room as it is outside the room, their dining area is a good place to sit down and plug your laptop at and surf the net/check your emails. We were in Boracay for 4 days and on my 3rd day nearing our departure, I already miss Sea Wind. Our stay came with 1 free buffet dinner for 2. Dinner was great - eat all you can grilled anything (seafood, pork, chicken) and eat-all-you-can Mongolian BBQ!!!!! I love the fact that it's past the grotto - that means the water in front of the resort is nice. I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank sonielle
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at this resort on Boracay and we couldn't have been happier! The location was perfect, in Station 1, which is much less busy and has a much nicer and wider beach than stations 2 & 3. It was a quiet location where you could relax and enjoy the surroundings and beach. It was an easy 15 minute walk down the beach to the busier Station 2 & 3, where all of the shopping, bars and restaurants are located.
We stayed in the Bamboo House and the room was very nicely decorated. We were about 30 steps to the beach from our room. The room was clean and we even had a little porch area outside with a wooden bed that we could lay on and nap (which we did).
The staff was very friendly (but so are most Filipinos), always smiling (again, so are most Filipinos) and they were very helpful. The resort grounds were very clean, the sand was raked every morning and we didn't see any trash on the ground. The breakfast buffet was excellent every morning, although I'll admit the Western food didn't look too good. The Filipino cuisine was great! And the best part was they set up a dinner buffet/grill on the beach every night. The food there was excellent too, you would walk up to the big refrigerated case, tell them which pieces of fish, chicken, pork, beef, etc you wnated, they would grill it for you right there in the beach and then serve it with rice. We ate there two nights and the 3rd night, we walked down to Friday's for their dinner and Filipino Folk Dancing, which was fantastic!
The last thing I need to comment on was the massages! They were wonderful, my girlfriend and I got one every afternoon on the beach! So relaxing.

Overall, this was a wonderful place to stay and we can't wait to go back and stay at Seawind again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple