“Boracay 2012 w/ Beki's”

Ranked #44 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Calamba, Philippines
“Boracay 2012 w/ Beki's”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Last August 18-20, 2012 my officemates and I went to Boracay. We had chosen Tonglen Beach Resort as our resort/hotel preference. Why? Since they offer the best package which suits our needs and budget.

Our flight is thru ZestAir via Kalibo Intl'l Aiport. It would be a long travel from the airport up to the hotel or Boracay. We requested from the hotel to arrange our round trip airport, land & sea transfers. It was thru Southwest Tours. The transfers were really great. They will really accommodate you from the time you arrive in the airport up to the moment that you will be departing. I can say that there time management is really superb. Thumbs up for them!

Regarding the hotel, we arrived at exactly 12PM just in time for our check in. Our rooms were already prepared for our arrival. The rooms are big enough for a group of 4-5 persons per room since we chose to have a quadruple sharing one. The beds are large enough for two to three persons w/c also compose of the bed and the comforter. The room also come with a large LED cable TV. They also provide towels not only for the beds but also for the mattress. I must say the rooms are clean, well ventilated and the air condition works well. The comfort room is also clean. Besides the mirror in the comfort room, they have another big one in the bedroom. Room service is automatic. IDK what time they just come in and go. But by the time we're already in our rooms, our towels were already changed and the whole room was already cleaned up.

Regarding the lawn and the hotel grounds, the hotel provides nipa huts for guests which chose to stay outside to access the internet. I forgot to mention that they also provide WIFI on public areas only. The pictures in their website is quite tricky because you will expect a big area from it. However, if you'll see the actual vicinity, the nipa huts where it is standing is just an OK area not that big as per your expectation.

About the swimming pool, it is not that big but is enough for just a couple of persons which will simultaneously swim. On our part, it's like that we rented our own pool since we are the only guests at that time who used it. I think the deepest part is around 7 ft.

About the restaurant, as per their personnel, it will take approximately up to an hour for food preparation if you order from them. However, as I've noticed. It is not that long, maybe 15-30 mins depending upon the food you ordered. When it comes to serving, for breakfast meals it is really jampacked, it is a "silog" menu: garlic/plain rice plus egg plus the main dish. Aside from that you have the option to choose either coffee or tea with a free juice pa! :) They serve good food which tastes good too. Well, we only ate our breakfast there. Note: once you have your foods delivered on your rooms, they charge an extra 10%. MIght as well, tell them to inform you once yours is done and have it picked up instead :D

The staffs. They are all polite and hospitable. During our stay, I was sick during the 2nd day up to late night. The staffs were accommodating enough as per my request. I requested hot compress, and medicines. They were the one who bought the medicine if they ran out of stock and have it delivered to your room. On my experience, I think I was not charged for those requests ;p thanks!

Area. The area is at Station 3 far away from the glamor and noise of the night life and party in Station 2,hence, you could expect a good night sleep and rest. Though the hotel is not a beachfront one, it was just a few minutes away from the shore. Maximum of 5minutes to say. However, at night, if you would go back to the hotel after some partying, it is quite dark on the pathways as there were no street lights or something that could lit the area. Better to bring your own flashlights for safety.

Overall, our stay in Boracay at Tonglen Beach Resort is good! I can recommend this area for budget-conscious travelers, and who wants to have a peaceful stay in Boracay.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the reception area since it is nearer to the gate which is nearby the beachfront.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Xue G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Me & my Fiancee really enjoy stayed at this resort so nice quite & cozy. Last summer April 2011, Even though the beach is walking distance about 5 minutes away from hotel..Room are very clean & organize, huge bed, Pool so nice too, but we didnt try to swim in the pool, we prefer to swim on beach..=).Attendant really friendly. In the Morning we always stayed at the garden in a "Kubo type" for breakfast it really nice, sip coffee while using loptop & surf the internet, i feel that my stress or my busy normal days in manila & all that stuff are gone!, i feel so re fresh its because of the setting of quite garden resort...maybe when there still a time we can visit this resort again...Keep always clean, quite & cozy feeling..Thank you & More power..

Room Tip: center room was nice near at the garden,
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mitchnorb
Iloilo
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I also stayed in Tonglen last year with friends after checking the reviews here in TripAdvisor. I was very satisfied with my accommodations last year that I booked it again for this year. Total peace and quiet even during tourist season. What I liked too was the spacious room, big mattress beds, clean swimming pool that didn't wreak of chlorine, and their wide lawn. You can even play badminton, football and table tennis there. Just borrow the rackets and balls from the front desk.

The place is less than a 5minute walk from beach front but don't let this discourage you cause it's pretty much a short walk. It's also near a 24H supermarket, I think about 5minutes away as well. I don't wear a watch when on vacation :)

I will be staying there again 2days from now and post pics on my next review.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank lieverdjoy
Torquay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I have been to different places in the South of the Philippines, but our stay in Tonglen Beach Resort is really brilliant. My family and I had a wonderful time...having peace and quiet when we retreat to our room, yet enjoyed the night life along the beachfront, as Tonglen is just 5-10 minutes walking distance. The place is very clean and secured, staff very courteous and even has amenities for barbecues and outdoor sports. Well done, John and family and staff.. I will definitely book in this place again when we go back to Boracay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Irene C
Manila
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Located about five minutes from White Beach's Station 3, Tonglen Beach Resort maybe a little far off from the glitzy and gaudy Boracay scenery. However, this is also its strongest point. Tucked away in lush gardens and trees, the hotel offers complete serenity and privacy from the noise of restaurants and bars along the White beach strip.

The courtyard and room balcony are nice places to unwind and have a beer in after a relaxing swim at the hotel pool. The restaurant features a wide array of food choices, with prices being fair for their quality and servings.

Family rooms are clean, spacious enough and have complete amenities. The staff are courteous and attentive. All in all, our stay in Tonglen have been amazing, and I'd definitely recommend it for those who want a quiet respite during their stay in Boracay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank FilipinaExplorer
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed in Tonglen for the weekend of March 17-19 2012. Our standard room was not available so they upgraded us to the deluxe room. Very very clean and spacious. Shower had hot water and cold. The staff was very atttentive and kept the place in tiptop shape. I didn't know it at the time but when we checked in I met the owner John. He looked like a very relaxed man who was obviously that way as his staff does a great job and his worries seem minimal. Also his son Jason is there and when the staff was not readily available the very charming 9 year old would ask if there was something that we needed! He even played a game of soccer with me in their spacious recreation area. We got breakfast in the morning and my wife would not stop raving about the great meal she had all day! Pool was relaxing. Though not a beachfront property it only takes a couple of minutes to get to the White Beach in Station 2. Thanks again Tonglen for a great get away.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JuanAndres1969
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This place has a very comfortable feel to it. It's about a 5 minute walk to the beach from the resort.
It's not flashy, not loud. It's a nice quiet place to relax. The Trees and shaded areas in the courtyard have a kind of relaxing effect from the chaos of the beach front. If you want that loud party atmosphere book at the resorts along Station 2.
Wifi is in common areas only, meaning the courtyard, reception, and restaurant...which if you think about it is actually a good thing, it forces you get out of the room. I think being able to access from the balconys just outside the rooms would have been nice.
The food is good particularly the Filipino Breakfasts. Only Criticism about the restaurant is that the owner being British, didn't have any Comfort food from England like Bangers and Mash, Steak and Kindey pie or even some Fish and Chips!!!! hehehe...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple