“Hidden Paradise and great service”
Review of Fridays Boracay

Fridays Boracay
Ranked #48 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 19 September 2008

Best hotel in Boracay!! great staff too!

Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank enbamba

Reviewed 27 August 2008

Just returned from the most fantastic holiday at Fridays, Boracay.

We were a bit nervous about heading to Boracay in August, but we were in luck and the weather was great for our entire 6 day stay. The island is so much fun, lots to do, eat and drink and White Beach is truly beautiful.

But the real highlight was Fridays. The resort is so beautiful. I enjoyed so much staying in a very local, intimate and well run resort. Yes, the rooms are a little old and very dark, but at a place like Boracay there is no need to spend any time in your room! The food is outstanding (best steak sandwich I have ever tasted), the sun lounges the best, and the staff were just so lovely, they really made our stay that much more enjoyable. Special mention to Jojo our beach attendant, who couldn't do enough for us, and made me feel like a queen whilst lying on the beach! And the staff beach Olympics on the Saturday we were there was so much fun and great entertainment - so great to see the staff enjoying themselves so much at work!

I highly recommend Fridays for an unforgettable holiday.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AEB72
Reviewed 29 July 2008

I decided to give Friday’s 3 stars.
My main reason for rating it lower than 4 was that I was disappointed with the room. I had booked a Premier room and we were put in an older room which was not what I was expecting.
The room is large but in general looked tired. And because the room are mainly made of wood, and built in 1982, there was crack all over. And that is I guess is the reason we had cockroach, centipede, ants, larva and maggots inside at all time.
Every morning we had lots of larva in our bed. My wife didn’t like that!
The new premier suites on the top was much better, but didn’t help us much. And, consider the price we paid for the room, that is the standard all room should have on Friday’s.
You get room standard like this (Premier room) for $50 in Thailand.....

That said, Fridays is a beautiful resort, but just not worth the price they charge. You can stay at Regency for less than half price. You get a better room, and they have four swimmingpools too. (But you lose some of the charm you get at Friday’s)
The staff are extremely courteous and go out of the way to make you feel at home.

The biggest disappointment was the beach! In our nine days at Friday’s we had two days, where the beach was really beautiful. The rest of our stay, the beach was really bad..... There was so much trash and drift-wood on the beach every morning, that it took hotel personnel three/four hours to clean it everyday. And most of the other hotels didn’t clean the beach, so it wasn’t very nice. I guess that means you shouldn’t go to Boracay in July if you expect a nice beach.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank Sondregutt
Reviewed 2 July 2008

We returned from Fridays a month ago after spending nine nights there. We spent our first week in the Philippinees travelling around on various islands and then finally stopped for some luxury in our final week. We were not disappointed!
When we arrived we were taken straight to our room to do the check-in procedure there and were welcomed with drinks and a shall necklace. We had booked a premier suite and it was well worth the money - the room was by far one of the best I have ever stayed in and I have been lucky enought to stay in five star resorts across the world.
The room was huge with everything we could ever want in it and the bathroom was almost as big with a full length glass wall, shower, separate jacuzzi bath, dressing area and more......
The room was so big that we hardly even ventured over to one side of it during our whole stay there and considering the other places we visited during our time away were dated and lacked in new technology, this was the opposite.
We went down to the beach immediately and both me and my partner were amazed at the powder-like sheer white sand at the front - Fridays is built on by far the best stretch of beach and located at one end of it so you get less passer-bys than other resorts along the same stretch. Its one of the best beaches I have ever been to by far.
And the sunbeds - more like beds on the beach with two massive towels for bed - pure luxury!
The whole experience was brilliant – the hotel staff couldn’t do enough for us – we had to call a doctor out during our stay there because of a particularly bad cut – the doctor was there within the hour, administered stitches an medication there and then and came back twice during the rest of the stay to check everything was healing as it should be – all for £100. It’s a pleasant walk to the other stations where lots of bars and restaurants are but extremely cheap to get there by the local taxi service – which is nothing more than a bike with a sidecar but a great experience all the same.
Every night they left us homemade truffles and wrote our names and a good night message on a leaf that was left on our pillow, the weather was great, the food was good and the Fridays barbecue was fantastic – the only problem we found was that it all quietened down a bit early but there was plenty nightlife further down the coast. The food was more expensive than most places on the island but far cheaper than any other 5* hotel I have been to.
While we were there, there were two weddings on the beach with couples from the resorts – both very different but both very beautiful – the efforts the staff went to were wonderful. I would have no hesitation in going back – its just a bit far from the UK – but completely worth it! I have read reviews on this site comparing it to Discovery Shores next door and fair enogh, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But for me, a 28 year old English girl who likes a bit of luxury on holiday and something a bit different from a package deal to Europe, it was everything I wanted and more.
If anyone would like to ask questions or get any further please feel free to get in touch and I'll be happy to help.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
6  Thank lib874
Reviewed 26 June 2008

We spent 12 nights at Fridays in the first two weeks of June and had an amazing holiday. The beach is out of this world - if you are after surf and action this is not the place for you - but if you want to float around in a calm, warm, brilliant blue sea then I would highly recommend it.

I agree with many of the other reviewers that the rooms at Fridays need some updating. They are clean, comfortable with everything you need, but for the price I do generally expect a little more. That said, we went into a few other resorts along the beach and if we went back I would not hesitate to stay at Fridays again. In fact I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

The location is perfect - away from the boat stations - pristine beach and most importantly the best sun beds on the island! The importance of this cannot be overstated as you will find yourself spending an incredible amount of time lazing around on these beds sunbaking and sipping pina colodas!!

The service at Friday's was the best I have experienced anywhere in the world. The staff are so welcoming and happy to assist you, that this is really what makes your stay there absolute bliss. Rex in the bar, Jo Jo on the beach and Elma & Juvy in the restaurant are all total stars.

The 3 hour happy hour can't be beat - 2 for 1 cocktails while you lounge on the sun bed watching a breathtaking sunset is an experience not to be forgotten.

Getting to Boracay is a pain, but it is worth the effort. However, I would not recommend Asian Spirit to get there as the quality of the plane was horrific. We were terrified on the flight down and switched to Cebu Air to get back to Manila which was much better.

Also, make sure you have confirmed your flight arrival time and transfer with the hotel otherwise when you get to Caticlan airport you will be hasseld by the scammers trying to get you to pay them to take you to the island. Make sure you have some pesos for the porters who load your bags onto the boat.

One last tip - if you have more than 10 kilos of luggage each make sure you have some Filipino money left to pay an excess baggage charge as there are no ATM's or visa card facilities at Caticlan airport. This proved to be problematic for us and was a sligtly stressful end to what had been a very relaxing fortnight.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ELNorman
Reviewed 20 June 2008

We have just returned from 10 days staying at Fridays and could not fault the service, it was fantaastic. If we needed anything we did not have to lift a finger or wait any more than 2 minutes! The staff always had a smile and cheery hello, and went to great lengths to remember names room numbers and favourite orders from the menu.
The grounds far surpass other hotels around, beautifully maintained, tropical gardens and sandy paths, much better than discovery shores next door which has a very sterile feel to it and their restaurant area was very much like sitting in a new shopping mall cafeteria!

Fridays is traditional accomodation, ie thatched huts and more rustic than other hotels around. The rooms are well maintained and spacious,but I found them very dark because of all the natural timber thru out.(Fridays was established in the 80s and was one of the first hotels) We stayed in a ground floor hut and there were also rooms on the first floor and also some distance up the hill which were suites I believe, but walking up the stairs all the time would be a big pain!!
We went and had a look at discovery shores rooms and they were beautiful and very new...but that was the only thing that appealed about that concrete jungle! The rest of that place was also built on several levels and resembled an apartment building in a big city...BORING!! Considering how much time is spent in the rooms the light factor was not a big deal.
The pool area at Fridays was pretty average, but the beach is so spectacular there it would be a crime to sit by a pool anyway!
I don't think I would go to Boracay from July onwards as it is the wet windy season and all the hotels erect huge ugly wind breaks in front of the hotels which look very bad...sort of like being in jail..bamboo and plastic about 6 metres high! They stay up until mid October...YUK. We saw a couple of hotels starting to put them up so I am glad we were not there any later.
All in all Fridays was a great experience and we did not want for anything. I would go back again, and hopefully they will have done a little refurbishment in the decor department,. Brilliant holiday!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank living4holidays
Reviewed 18 June 2008

By Far Easten standards Friday's is very poor value. The staff are excellent but the hotel offers vitually nothing other than the beach. The rooms are a joke, very 1970's. The swimming pool is pathetically small. The Spa !!!! A few benches in a stray hut, is that a Spa ? If you want a Spa treatment go next door to Discovery Shores it is fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family