“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #43 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Hong Kong, China
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed there for three nights. It was better than anywhere else that i stayed in white beach by far. The staff were unbelievably friendly, the hotel very rustic and well cleaned. Who can complain when the outlook from window was the gorgeous ocean and palm trees! Last day they let me check out 2 hours late, which gave me more time to enjoy the blue beach! Trust me super worth! I would like to thank you everyone who gave me the best stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deborah C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We chose Friday's due to its past reviews.

Though the property is a bit dated the rooms are well kept and are styled in a Robinson Caruso theme . The best of Friday's is their staff, I can't say enough about how well we were treated. They catered to our every need.

Unfortunately the pool was closed (we were told that before we booked that it was under maintenance) however, I found it odd that there was a block wall erected through the middle of it. We came to find out that Friday's is in the middle of some sort of land dispute and had lost almost half the resort which had been put behind a fence. It was not all that noticeable and I hope they get it resolved soon as I hope to return in the future.

The location of the resort is in the more quiet area of station one which suited us perfectly. It's easy to get to the busier area by walking down the beach or take a tricycle taxi.

All in all we had a great time!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BD700
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had heard stores and seen photos of how nice Boaracy is, and we decided that a wedding in Philippines had to be on this island.
Looking at venues on the island we were attracted by the style of buildings of Friday's, thatched roofs and set in coconut palm trees.
After we had booked, we heard that part of Friday's had been physically been taken over by the previous own.
We had reassurances that the things would be ok, but with an event as big as a wedding we considered changing venues. Fortunately for us, other appropriate places were full and I must say I am glad they were.

The holiday wasn't without its negatives. Due to the land dispute one half of Friday's, including the pool, was out of bounds and there is boarding across the some of the beach front. As the restaurant and reception are in the middle you don't notice it too much and gives the resort a cosy feel.
It would have been good for the children in our party to use the pool, but Friday's has one of the best locations on the stunning white sandy beach with a lot of shallow water to play in.
There was construction on the land next-door, but it's to the side that is cordoned off giving a kind of barrier. It wasn't that intrusive and work didn't start too earlier or finish too late.
In general Friday's is quite. It is towards the end of station 1, so there aren't that many people walking passed on the beach either.
It is a walk to the shops but if you don't want to wander along the beach, there are cheap taxi bikes that can take four or five people.

Some of Boaracy feels built up, but Friday's manages to still feel like a real tropical island. As you walk round you get glimpses of the blue green sea through the palm trees.
Our accommodation was amazing, the best I have stayed in.
Great balcony view over the thatched roofs to the sea. Sunken shower area in a massive bathroom, beautiful big bed in a spacious stylish room. We did have a suite due to the wedding, but after seeing the guests rooms, all the rooms are well presented.

Food is good with a variety of styles on the menu and the restaurant has entertainment during the evening, e.g. a themed BBQ or acoustic singers.
The Staff are the star of the show. Always friendly, polite, and willing to attend requests, answer questions or just have a chat. It emphasises the qualities of Filipino people.
Erika was amazing, full credit to her. Her efforts made our wedding run smoothly. It felt like all her time was dedicated to us.
Initially I thought she was a bit distant with communications but I realise how much effort she puts in in the build up, to making things go smoothly on the day. Every worry calmed, requests considered and sorted. Because of that we had an amazing beach wedding. The alter was feet from the waters edge, tables were tastefully done, fire dancing, acoustic set.
We couldn't really ask for more.

In conclusion: We highly recommend Friday's for a holiday or wedding.
Shaun and Jo.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing! Great balcony view over the thatched roofs to the sea. Sunken shower area in...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shaun L
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I planned to have a beach wedding at Boracay and after compairing, we chose Friday. At first, we did not expect a high quality ceremony as the sample pictures sent by sales were not that attractive. However, actually, we had a very very very excellent experience not only on the wedding, but also before and after wedding! The manager Francis was so so so kind and helpful and considerable, he helped arrange the whole wedding process and provide excellent service to our guests! The flowers on the wedding, the decrotion, the food and rooms, excellent. Francis and waiters also did great help on photographing and recording. They have been always that kind and did much work to make my dream come true. I just want express my sincere appreciation to Erika, Francis and staff in Fridays, especially Francis !

Room Tip: You may see ants in rooms and restraurant. But I don't think it is a problem. On the contrary, I...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

1month we had already planing our next visit Boracay for Holiday. Just liying on the beach and enjoyed the pool everyday.
I am looking for some options on Tripadvisor with hotels that have a good reputation in Barocay. and we found the Friday resort Barocay.
My husband really like the picture From the outside it looks natural and clean. With a very beautiful beach scenery. also mostly the review nice,
Then I tried to call direct from Bali to Hotel.
With a friendly reception told me Had to call the reservation office based in Manila or make a booking online.
I made an online reservation direct to hotel online booking Friday resorts.
First email response they refused our credit card. Indeed, for our 5 night stay at the price of a standard hotel they limit our credit card is not sufficient.
But in an email they do not give an information saying the current condition of the hotel.
Then we contacted them again asking for payment transfer. Lucky they agreed that we could make a payment on check in upon the arrival (we are grateful for it).
One day before we arrived at the hotel in Boracay send an email comfirmation And tell that an improvement Pool They are in phase.
We were a little disappointed Because of the short notice.
Grateful we still picked up from the Caticlan airport and the Friday hotel provides they own boat from Caticlan to which is very nice.
When we arrived at the hotel are greeted with friendly host. But we were very disappointed when I saw the condition of half of the property under reconstruction and the pool can not be in use until probably 2 Weeks. And not notified to us at least when I make a phone call to the hotel earliest.
I'm sure if they are as a large hotel must be had project planning and should be informed to the costumer.
finally we decided to stay one night while we were looking for a decent hotel. But they charge us that night with 16,000 pesos without pool and surround by Reconstruction. In U.S. it will be around 400?
Any way they are really do not see the condition of the hotel and still put a high price. and there is no excuse for the lack of information also.
I'm so sorry we have to cancel the booking and moved to the other hotel but Friday hotel still charge us for pick up,  boat from the airport with 1,760peso. we have no objection to pay, but the hotel is very unprofessional.
we left hotel with the feeling still do not believe that we should seek to find hotels that are available in our holiday trip this time in Boracay. Very sad first impressions.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cintameyrick
07Regina07, General Manager at Fridays Boracay Resort, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Cintameyrick,

Warm greetings from Fridays Resort Boracay!

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback

Our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences we have caused you. The notice on unavailability of pool is posted on our website. We do understand that some guests may not be able to see it. Rest assured that similar notices will also be included in all our future correspondences with guests. We have also called the attention of concerned team members and their respective managers about your concerns.

With regard to the rate that has been extended to you, we’re sorry that you find it too expensive. Trust that the concerned team will review all our existing rates to offer not only the best but the most fair to each of our guest.

Please do feel free to get in touch with me should you have further concerns and inquiries.

Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to having you again at Fridays!

Arlene Durana
OIC - General Manager
Fridays Boracay
email: general.manager@fridaysboracay.com
Boracay Island, Malay, 5608 Aklan, Philippines
Tel: 63 (36) 2886200 Fax: 63 (36) 2886222
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great location but housekeeping not too great. Food and cocktails were good. The pool was not inviting and can get very crowded.
The good thing about staying here is that you can just step out into the beach.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have spent there 1 week as family with 2 kids (3 years and 6 month old) and were happy with the hotel selection.Best things to mention about the hotel:
-very close to sand beach (even 3 year kid can walk from the room to the beach on his own), we had premier beach view room, which I certainly recommend. One of best word beaches and the best beach for kids - very low water level and no waves, kids love it!
-large and comfortable rooms, nice food
-very kids friendly staff

Minuses I would mention to other guests:
-no pool and there would not be any as new hotel is under construction on its place (hotel provides sweet truffles as compensation for this but I personally think price should be reduced)
-personally I do not like their breakfast as you have to choose set from the menu and it is rather simple (you can also choose one dish but that was not enough for me) - no buffet
-just note that parties are distant but can be very loud in the evening, may be look into hotels on the 3rd station if you like piece and quiet
-just about the beach- it can be covered with algae, but hotel staff clears it in the evening so no smell

Room Tip: if you travel with small kids premier beach view are the best
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family