“A Paradise Rooms Are So Beautiful Breathtaking Reward”

Fridays Boracay Resort
Ranked #38 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Switcrasher_pussycat
“A Paradise Rooms Are So Beautiful Breathtaking Reward”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2008

We stayed there last Oct 29- Nov 2. It was really a nice expirienced but what I really DONT LIKE WAS the service of one of their restaurant's bartender named MYRA. The thing was we were calling to make a dinner and we want it to be serviced at our room. It took us forever to wait for the food and she almost yelled at one of his co-worker at the other line just asking for the food, so it was like she was diverting her angst towards her co-worker instead of yelling at us. We were ordering bunch of foods however not one at a time. U know its like whatever it is..we are still customers and she doesnt have show negative attitudes. We were expecting superb customer satisfaction since its a first class resort. Well I guess U should also train MYRA about how to attend customers in a nice way also over the phone...

• Liked — Location, Great
  • Disliked — Myra, poor service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Switcrasher_pussycat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

WOW! My fiance and I spent 10 nights at Fridays in September and we had a really fantastic time. The staff, food, rooms and beach were all amazing - if you book Fridays you wont be dissapointed.
Boracay is also an amazing island - I just wish we had booked 14 instead of 10 nights!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wise463
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2008

We visited Fridays for the 2nd year running in April 2008 and again had the perfect holiday. Although l'm from the UK my partner is Filipino and already had visited Boracay on numerous occasions. Faultless in every aspect. I read the report from the guy from USA about the ants....well l'm afraid that's a fact of life in any tropical area in the rainy season, and my friend you were right in the middle of the rainy season.
It took 12 hours from London to Hong Kong then two hours to Manila. We always spend a night in The InterContintal Hotel in Manila ( absolutely fantastic value and so friendly) then the next day get a domestic flight to Caticlan...really cheap, about £30, then we are met by Fridays staff for the short taxi/ferry/taxi ride to Fridays. We were met by two very pretty Filipino girls who put beads aroud our neck and gave us a refreshing cold drink. We were in the premier suite which was perfect and very luxurious.
The staff are so friendly and ready to serve yoiu 24/7. JoJo and his beach staff really looked after us on the beach and nothing was too much trouble, including reminding us when it was happy hour...which was actually 3 hours!. We were there for a week and most nights there was a resident singer or a traditional dance group who entertained us whilst we consumed fantastic food....the chef is renowned on the island for the fabulous cuisine and l can honestly say that every meal l had there was top class. The beach is also lovely with the fine powdery white sand which remains cool on your bare feet even in 90 degrees! The people are so friendly on the whole island and although you get the inevitable locals trying to earn an easy peso or two by offering everything from massage, boat hire, henna tattooing to carrying your cases, l never found it intrusive and they were never persistant once l had politely declined. It is not the cheapest of hotels but it offers genuine value for money in a paradise location. The sea is crystal clear and we rarely used the freshwater hotel pool as the sea was so inviting. The sun loungers are the "best", and well spaced...even in the height of the peak season the place seems quiet and restful, although for 4 days on and off we all had to suffer some very loud Aussie lads who were constantly the worse for wear with alcohol. The staff dealt with them with the right balance of "keeping their noise down, and at the same time not being heavy handed.....it never became intrusive. I can recommend the spa treatments. We had two great massages, one in the massage area on the beach and one in our room, we also had reflexology and pedicure. Compared to the UK this was ridiculously cheap. Even cheaper if you have them on the beach by local traders, but we opted for the hotel staff official specialists...well worth it.
Boracay is an interesting island....some parts of white beach ,especially towards the port end, are pretty dirty and squalid, almost shanty town like in appearance, and certainly behind the facade of the luxurious white beach there is a main road which is rather typical of south east Asian places.......untidy but fascinating. It reminded me of some parts of Manila where people are poor and living simply from day to day with meagre supplies. Then you walk through a gap in the buildings to the beach and in many places are in the land of luxury....a very strange mixture of the "haves" and the "have nots"! ....but l love the Philippines anyway, (warts and all)...the people have very little, but are still friendly smiling and seem to warm to Europeans....
I can thoroughly recommend Fridays Boracay....we will definitely be there next April....so JoJo get those towels ready .

• Liked — Friendly staff in luxurious surroundings
  • Disliked — Distance from the UK
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Howardtear
Chatham, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2008

Was vacationing with my girlfirend a couple of days in September over in Boracay and figure I would give this place a try given the rave reviews I had about it since i was looking for a place to spend in Boracay.

I will be very truthful with you since I have traveled alot in Asia and in the Carribean and stayed at 3 star local hotels all the way to the 5 star international hotels.

If you hate ants, PLEASE stay away from this place. I am giving you this warning up front.

We stayed one night in the premier room and had ants. We then upgraded to the Premier Suite figuring that since it was located in the hillside, it would be better.. not!.. we got ants in the suite as well. This was not the fault of the Hotel. They send the housekeeper to spray the room but in a few hours, the buggers were back in the room again.

The service was very good. Pretty much the people at the resort was at beck and call if you needed them so I really can't knock that aspect of the hotel. (example, if you want the room made up, it was done within 30 minutes... i was pretty shocked myself)
Jojo and his team made our stay at the beach very relaxful (love those beachbeds)

Since it was a small property, the hotel only had one dining area which sat right next to the beach. The food was pretty good compared to the other areas we ate at between station 1 and station 2. ( we ate at a few places in D' mall and at the Boracay Regency which was quite nice to my surprise.). We weren't able to sample the fable Friday's Buffet since it was only offered on Friday (We only were only there from Sunday to Thursday). Price wise, it wasn't too bad compared to NYC prices but you can definitely save some money if you eat off the hotel premise (assuming you are willing to sacrifice some quality) since the places we ate from in Station 1 and Station 2 were just okay (with exception of the Boracay Recency but again that was hotel food again.. lol)

The weather was pretty nice given it was rainy season (pretty much only rained very early morning - 6AMish or late night 10-11 PM) so we got alot of rays duriing the daytime sunbathing at the beach. When we came back, we found out that we just missed a typhoon hitting the phillipines so timing worked on our side from a weather standpoint.

The beach review was spot on from the other reviews. Friday does has the best spot. it was clean and no vendors bothers you which was not the case once you leave the Friday's premise. It's pretty sad how much junk and garbage washes up every day onto the beach, people can be are such a litterbug and it does, in my opinion, hurt the island's image as a tropical paradise.

Another warning to people traveling from the states over to Boracay: the travel time is very very crueling since we had to take 3 flight legs + 1 boat leg over to Boracay. (We took the route from NY to Vancover then from Vancover to HK - 1st leg, then we took HK to Manila - 2nd Leg, and then from Manila to Catalin - 3rd Leg, At Cathalin, Friday picks you up and you drive to the jetty where a speedboat takes you over from Catalin to Boracay ~ a bout a 10 min boat ride and it beachs onto station 3 where you then take another 20 min car ride into the hotel. Due to the new restrictions placed in Boracay, the boat does not drop you off on the beach anymore at Fridays.

Total travel time was like 26-27 hours between the legs + layover so a round trip to and from will cost you almost 3 days. I think due to the travel time, I will probably take my next vacaton in the Carribean. (My main reason to traveling to boracay was to say I been there which I finally did this year)

The rooms reviews are pretty much spot as well. the deluxe rooms and the premier rooms are a little outdated and is a bit dark. Again, I am assuming that Friday's is trying to display a more "rustic / island-look "design but seriously, it would be nice if they updated this style a bit to met people's expectation especially if you're paying $250 USD a night.

When we upgraded to the Premier suite, it cost an addition $ 30-$35 a night which was worth it given how much more you're getting for the money and it was worth it in my opinion.

As of right now, they are competing against Discovery which is right next doors and Shangra-Lai which will open in October. However, given Shangra-Lai's high pricing ($ 500 USD a night for a deluxe room), the cliente will be very different in my opinion.

Well I hope this review helps and please feel free to drop me a message since I am a member on the site if you need more information.

P.S. I haven't had a chance to upload any pictures yet but will do once I get some more free time.

• Liked — Great and Fast Service. Food quality was very good. Beach Location was best on the strip
  • Disliked — ANTS... you will have problems with Ants if that is an issue with the traveler
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank bigdaddyNewYork
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2008

Best hotel in Boracay!! great staff too!

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank enbamba
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2008

Just returned from the most fantastic holiday at Fridays, Boracay.

We were a bit nervous about heading to Boracay in August, but we were in luck and the weather was great for our entire 6 day stay. The island is so much fun, lots to do, eat and drink and White Beach is truly beautiful.

But the real highlight was Fridays. The resort is so beautiful. I enjoyed so much staying in a very local, intimate and well run resort. Yes, the rooms are a little old and very dark, but at a place like Boracay there is no need to spend any time in your room! The food is outstanding (best steak sandwich I have ever tasted), the sun lounges the best, and the staff were just so lovely, they really made our stay that much more enjoyable. Special mention to Jojo our beach attendant, who couldn't do enough for us, and made me feel like a queen whilst lying on the beach! And the staff beach Olympics on the Saturday we were there was so much fun and great entertainment - so great to see the staff enjoying themselves so much at work!

I highly recommend Fridays for an unforgettable holiday.

• Liked — The staff and the food
  • Disliked — Room was very dark
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AEB72
Bryne, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

I decided to give Friday’s 3 stars.
My main reason for rating it lower than 4 was that I was disappointed with the room. I had booked a Premier room and we were put in an older room which was not what I was expecting.
The room is large but in general looked tired. And because the room are mainly made of wood, and built in 1982, there was crack all over. And that is I guess is the reason we had cockroach, centipede, ants, larva and maggots inside at all time.
Every morning we had lots of larva in our bed. My wife didn’t like that!
The new premier suites on the top was much better, but didn’t help us much. And, consider the price we paid for the room, that is the standard all room should have on Friday’s.
You get room standard like this (Premier room) for $50 in Thailand.....

That said, Fridays is a beautiful resort, but just not worth the price they charge. You can stay at Regency for less than half price. You get a better room, and they have four swimmingpools too. (But you lose some of the charm you get at Friday’s)
The staff are extremely courteous and go out of the way to make you feel at home.

The biggest disappointment was the beach! In our nine days at Friday’s we had two days, where the beach was really beautiful. The rest of our stay, the beach was really bad..... There was so much trash and drift-wood on the beach every morning, that it took hotel personnel three/four hours to clean it everyday. And most of the other hotels didn’t clean the beach, so it wasn’t very nice. I guess that means you shouldn’t go to Boracay in July if you expect a nice beach.

• Liked — The service, and the beach on the "good" days
  • Disliked — The room, and the beach on the "bad" days
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family