“Great Service, Good Location, OK Rooms, OK Food, OK Value”

Fridays Boracay Resort
Ranked #42 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Shanghai, China
“Great Service, Good Location, OK Rooms, OK Food, OK Value”
Reviewed 31 May 2009

Just back from 4 days at Fridays. I guess from having read all the reviews i expected a little more, but overall the trip/resort was very enjoyable. I arrived at caticlan with a delay of 24 hours, due to cebu pacific cancellations on my international flight. I had booked through a travel agent, and unfortunately Fridays could not reimburse me for my missed night. On the upside though, i was able to check-in at 6.30 in the morning, as i had already paid for that night. (from others i heard they are pretty strict with 2 pm check-in time, lots of people waiting around before being allowed to check-in). When i arrived they put me in room 35, one of the deluxe rooms. Beware of this room, its much smaller than the other deluxe rooms. First night we went to bed and heard rustling in one of our bags. We turned on the light and a small rodent ran out. We called and requested a new room which was granted. We got 24, which was also a deluxe room, but much bigger than room 35. Glad the little rodent stopped by or else we would have never known.

Throughout the stay service was impeccable, but this was the case everywhere in Boracay. Coming from China though, you can't get much worse. Not going to name names as every single person was very friendly and helpful. I requested the front-desk to help me change my flight bookings for the return flight home, which they did for me.

I was not too impressed with the food at Fridays, small portions and received cold pancakes and waffles one morning. Their muesli with fruit is nice and pretty well sized. Had lunch at the moroccan place next door which was good, as well as trying out Nigi Nigi too and the small hamburger place next door (both good). We didn't do many dinners at the hotel, instead opting to check-out D'talipapa (wet market with restaurants that will prepare your purchased seafood). Great value for money at D'talipapa. Also ate at Obama grill one night, had upset stomach after that though, so don't suggest that.

As for activities, most of the time is spent laying on the beach in front of Fridays. Peddlers will approach you once in a while, but security does not allow them to linger on the beach in front of Fridays so they hang out at the sides. I wanted to go snorkeling around crocodile island and puka beach, and found the prices of the peddlers much better than the Fridays activity center. I arranged a large motorboat (safety reasons) for the two of us for three hours for 1500. Compared to Fridays price of 3000 pesos. Ask for Manuel, with the ARMY t-shirt.

Overall, i don't know if i would go back to Fridays. I would give the overall rating a "good", somewhere in between average and very good. Sure the service was great and the location is at the nicer, quieter end of the beach. But i just didn't feel that i got great value for money.

My tips:
- Make sure you get the nicer deluxe rooms
- Opt for the cheaper activities through the peddlers
- Try D'talipapa for dinner

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jlbsha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
At Sea
Reviewed 30 May 2009

loved every thing about it. Can't wait to go back again. I have not been on holiday for ages and wanted a peaceful getaway... there could not have been a better choice. I would recommend it to every one who wants time out to lose them selves and relax.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GypsyfromWales
Manila
Reviewed 30 May 2009

Im actually here in this resort right now. another guest told me they saw this place on Trip advisor, so I thought I would join and do a write up. This place is AMAZING!.. I live in manila and have been coming to Boracay for a few years now, but didnt know about Fridays,, I met someone at a Function in Manila who told me about the place. WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!.... just when you think there is no more paradise in the world, there is Fridays. Everything was so easy to arrange. Although, thier office in manila is a bit tatty, but I was not going to be staying in the office!... From the moment we arrived in Caticlan, everything was taken care of. the welcoming was great.

now that I am sitting here, enjoying the view.. the beach, which by the way is at the far end of the white beach so its not so busy.

the Staff are great!, Credit to the manager, a british chap!... they are so warm, friendly and welcoming.

Food, is out of this world,, I have eaten in many places on the island but nothing compares to this place.

Rooms, very rustic, but at the same time VERY comfortable..

Price.. well,, honestly as someone else said in here, you get what you pay for. sure thier are a lot cheaper places, but at those places you would not get the rooms, the service the food or the location, so,, yeah its a little high but... wel worth it..

Would I come back... I havent left yet and I wish I could stay here for ever.
would I suggest this place to my friends.. yes

Any down sides? just the price of the food,, again,, you do get what you pay for,, it is great food but a litle on the higher side of pricey..
Thank you Fridays from the Manager to the staff,, you have really made my stay here wonderful! see you next time!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank FugglesManila
New Zealand
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Stayed at Friday's for 3 nights in a Deluxe Room and found our stay thoroughly enjoyable. Check their website for specials, including book 3 nights, pay for 2 (although this wasn't available for us due to the time of year - it would be good if the website mentioned this more clearly). The quality of the food in the restaurant (especially the daily special menu) was a *lot* better than in other places along the beach, and the extra price seemed worth it. The nightly chocolates were very much appreciated. The beach beds were extra-large and comfortable, and the room had everything we could've wished for. Although quite pricey, if the price is within your budget then this place is recommended!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chuckee
Rochester, Kent
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Had an absolute blast at Fridays... One of the nicest places I have stayed - beautifully rustic, the food was lovely and the staff friendly - those that deserve a special mention are Miles at the front desk, JoJo on the beach, Mark the room attendant and last but by no means least Barry the General Manager - always on hand to help or even just for a chat (a huge bonus that he is English too).

Would I go back - without a doubt! Thanks Fridays for a fantastic holiday!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wildflowa
Toronto
Reviewed 10 April 2009

The food wasn't spectacular, the staff treated people like numbers and not individuals (seemed like they didn't care either way if you were satisfied of not), they try to make it seem like a quiet cozy paradise while Discovery Shores is right next door blasting the music all night. For the price, I should have just stayed next door at Discovery shores. The fresh water pool was also out of service when I was there lol.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Danny647
Netherlands
Reviewed 13 March 2009

We had a very bizarre time at Friday's. It was horrible. There were red ants trooping on the floor on a straight line. We never saw a staff gave their smile. Oh and not to mention the flying insects that were all around the rooms at night. Yes rooms, we stayed in 3 rooms total and all of them were terrible. It was a pity because we were supposed to spend family time with the kids and their grandparents from Europe. We though Friday's would give a very good impression of Boracay itself, but well we were not impressed at all. Very bad management! The Belgian manager was not greeting us even look at us eye to eye. It was horrible. The only thing nice about Fridays are their hamburgers and the beach in front of the resort. Do not stay there! I prefer to stay at cheaper and friendly resorts!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family