Just back from 4 days at Fridays. I guess from having read all the reviews i expected a little more, but overall the trip/resort was very enjoyable. I arrived at caticlan with a delay of 24 hours, due to cebu pacific cancellations on my international flight. I had booked through a travel agent, and unfortunately Fridays could not reimburse me for my missed night. On the upside though, i was able to check-in at 6.30 in the morning, as i had already paid for that night. (from others i heard they are pretty strict with 2 pm check-in time, lots of people waiting around before being allowed to check-in). When i arrived they put me in room 35, one of the deluxe rooms. Beware of this room, its much smaller than the other deluxe rooms. First night we went to bed and heard rustling in one of our bags. We turned on the light and a small rodent ran out. We called and requested a new room which was granted. We got 24, which was also a deluxe room, but much bigger than room 35. Glad the little rodent stopped by or else we would have never known.
Throughout the stay service was impeccable, but this was the case everywhere in Boracay. Coming from China though, you can't get much worse. Not going to name names as every single person was very friendly and helpful. I requested the front-desk to help me change my flight bookings for the return flight home, which they did for me.
I was not too impressed with the food at Fridays, small portions and received cold pancakes and waffles one morning. Their muesli with fruit is nice and pretty well sized. Had lunch at the moroccan place next door which was good, as well as trying out Nigi Nigi too and the small hamburger place next door (both good). We didn't do many dinners at the hotel, instead opting to check-out D'talipapa (wet market with restaurants that will prepare your purchased seafood). Great value for money at D'talipapa. Also ate at Obama grill one night, had upset stomach after that though, so don't suggest that.
As for activities, most of the time is spent laying on the beach in front of Fridays. Peddlers will approach you once in a while, but security does not allow them to linger on the beach in front of Fridays so they hang out at the sides. I wanted to go snorkeling around crocodile island and puka beach, and found the prices of the peddlers much better than the Fridays activity center. I arranged a large motorboat (safety reasons) for the two of us for three hours for 1500. Compared to Fridays price of 3000 pesos. Ask for Manuel, with the ARMY t-shirt.
Overall, i don't know if i would go back to Fridays. I would give the overall rating a "good", somewhere in between average and very good. Sure the service was great and the location is at the nicer, quieter end of the beach. But i just didn't feel that i got great value for money.
- Make sure you get the nicer deluxe rooms
- Opt for the cheaper activities through the peddlers
- Try D'talipapa for dinner
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our little piece of Paradise, home to Fridays Boracay, a resort with boundless opportunities for family adventure, productive meetings and memorable special events.Perfectly positioned on Boracay's eye-catching White Beach, Fridays Boracay is a 48 room AAA resort nestled amid meticulously groomed tropical gardens and shady coconut trees. The resort offers the convenience of modern amenities combined with the natural charm of a beachfront setting making it one of the Philippines most sought after vacation spot. Its magnificent beach front, delectable food, pleasant and inviting rooms, and its warm & friendly employees make it the ultimate choice in Boracay. Since 1982, it has been the favorite vacation place and home to all its various guests. Welcome to our little piece of paradise... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fridays Boracay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friday`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Fridays Resort Boracay
- Fridays Hotel Boracay