“Divine resort, exceptional service ...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Friday's Boracay

Friday's Boracay
Ranked #36 of 149 Hotels in Boracay
Melbourne
“Divine resort, exceptional service ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

Wow ... what an amazing resort Friday's is !

We had a long arduous trip to Caticlan ( closest airport to Boracay ), and were greeted with genuine warmth, friendlieness, and a resort to die for.

We upgraded to a Premier Room, and it was worth every cent. As our room was located directly across from the restaurant, and no more than 10steps to the beach.

The room was large, with a all of the mod cons you'd expect in a luxury resort. They are decked out in a traditional rather than contemporary decor, with King bed, and 2 x day beds, a mosquito net around the bed, dvd player, and a large bathroom.

Friday's is located down one end of the beach ... which was quieter, and more private than being in amongst the hustle bustle. It was a lovely 15min walk along the beach to DMall ( filled with bars, restaurants and cafes ).

We ate most of our meals at Fridays' restaurant, as the service was spectacular, the meals were divine, and it was reasonably priced.

The one thing my friend and I both noticed with regards to Fridays Boracay, was the incredible customer service we received, the friendlieness of the staff, and how nothing was too much trouble for them. The staff are what makes the resort so special !!!!
I have worked in the travel industry for the past 17yrs, travelled around the world and have stayed in some amazing hotels/resorts, however the customer service I received at Fridays Boracay was without a doubt, the best I have experienced anywhere in the world. It was faultless. It was personalised, and the ever attentive staff catered to your every need, and were very proactive in making your stay as comfortable as possible.

I can't wait to visit again !!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank luv2fly70

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

Friday's is simply exceptional!

We have just returned from a 10 day holiday in Boracay, 7 of those days of which we spent at Fridays. Friday's has been around for a long time in Boracay, and it is clear to me, after enjoying Fridays' service, why it will continue to be one of the best resorts on the Island.

While new and fancy resorts are coming up all around, Fridays maintains a stylish rustic charm without compromising on quality and modern amenities. Its rooms and facilities are regularly upgraded and maintained with modern facilities and fixtures, yet the natural, tropical architecture remains. And of course, it has the best beach front of the entire 4km White Beach!

Fridays really excels in the top-notch, personalized service from all its staff. Giving good service costs nothing, but it is clear that Fridays management and staff invest a great deal in ensuring that your experience at Fridays will be pleasant and memorable. Simple gestures and touches abound at Fridays, and it is these that are the icing on the cake that just make the overall Fridays experience an exceptional and memorable one. The daily "bed mail", or little personal good night messages written on the leaves that were placed on the bed, the "message in the bottle" every morning outside your door, the pouka shell necklaces that you are greeted with, the daily raking and patterning of the sand of the beach in front of the resort...all clearly indicating the pride and love that is put into the Fridays service experience.

All the staff, under the very capable and friendly leadership and guidance of GM Barry Schofield, excel at their roles, and make every effort to see that you are well taken care of, comfortable and happy. Jo Jo, a waiter who has been with Fridays for many many years, provides exceptional service, and has a unique ability to anticipate your needs even before you ask! Renan, Antony, Rian, Dubhe, Larry, Rey, and all the rest also contributed to making our stay a fantastic one at Fridays!

And, as a scuba diver, kudos also goes to Fridays' in-house dive shop, Calypso Divers, for providing us with excellent service and some great underwater memories too! Thanks Jade and Rony!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeffgreig66
Tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2009

This was our first trip to the Philippines and it was absolutely outstanding! The hotel and staff were perfect, the food was delicious and we couldn't have asked for better scenery. It was a lovely, quiet resort but just a few minutes walk from the action so it was definitely the best of both worlds.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UKOkie
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

Prior to my homecoming from UK, I was already canvassing for a pretty good resort to bring my Mom and family in Boracay. I received really competitive rates from other resorts and surprise of all surprises, my former Dulaang Bayanihan theater member, Jill Miranda, now works in Fridays Resort! I booked 3 Premier Rooms near the beachfront.
The service was really good! The booking was handled pretty well by Jill Miranda and her team. We were greeted at the airport by the super efficient Rey who managed to calm my Mom's maid's nerves when we were about to ride the boat transfer to Boracay. It was her first time to travel by air and sea. c",) My Mom managed the 45 steps down to the beachfront despite her using a walking cane. What a trooper!
The welcome committee Miles and Rian gave us the complimentary shell necklace and cool fruit drinks which was a delight because we were so parched already from the early morning travel.The rooms did not disappoint us at all. It was big with a king sized bed and 2 single beds; and the bathroom's really clean and stylish. Having experienced staying in other resorts in Boracay, I could say that Fridays Resort has the best beachfront compared to the other Boracay hotels (a nearby resort was still trying to pirate us even if they knew already that we were staying in Fridays!).
I was just let down by the food during the buffet night. Some of the dishes were bland and we felt that it was rushed. Having said that, the ever efficient Juvy, Ethel and Cyrus have done a brilliant job of ensuring our food orders were served beautifully.
My nephews liked the homemade chocolate truffles, the pool, the game room, the island tour and the snorkeling experience. If it wasn't raining, we would have tried the Banana boat ride, kayaking and para-sailing too. All in all it was a delightful stay. It was all worth it. Mom actually wants to celebrate her 65th birthday here. We all would like to go back and stay at least a week in Fridays Resort next summer. And I promise, will bring more tea for Barry. c",)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Bloomfield_Lily
Seoul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

I've been there with my family last month.
Normally I don't leave any comment or review unless I got really angry but this time is different.

This resort was more than what I was expected.
It was my first time to the phillipines but I've been to the indonesia(Bali) so I thought it would be the same. One of my friends recommanded this resort because he has been there when he stayed in the Phillipines for a year in 2005.
I don't know how to thank him enough.

The location is just great!
When I saw the pictures, I thought they are modified pictures. I just wish I could live there...Stayed one of the delux rooms ( read the reviews before I left) and it was exactly what I expected. Staff were all good and friendly. There is an english manager whose name is Barry and he was super helpful and friendly! It was lucky that they have english manager there because sometimes it's really challenging to understand asianised english... He knew exactly what we needed and what we expected to expierince. Thank you!

Ah..I wish I was there now not stuck in the office...

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank hijihoon
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2009

Just back from 4 days at Fridays. I guess from having read all the reviews i expected a little more, but overall the trip/resort was very enjoyable. I arrived at caticlan with a delay of 24 hours, due to cebu pacific cancellations on my international flight. I had booked through a travel agent, and unfortunately Fridays could not reimburse me for my missed night. On the upside though, i was able to check-in at 6.30 in the morning, as i had already paid for that night. (from others i heard they are pretty strict with 2 pm check-in time, lots of people waiting around before being allowed to check-in). When i arrived they put me in room 35, one of the deluxe rooms. Beware of this room, its much smaller than the other deluxe rooms. First night we went to bed and heard rustling in one of our bags. We turned on the light and a small rodent ran out. We called and requested a new room which was granted. We got 24, which was also a deluxe room, but much bigger than room 35. Glad the little rodent stopped by or else we would have never known.

Throughout the stay service was impeccable, but this was the case everywhere in Boracay. Coming from China though, you can't get much worse. Not going to name names as every single person was very friendly and helpful. I requested the front-desk to help me change my flight bookings for the return flight home, which they did for me.

I was not too impressed with the food at Fridays, small portions and received cold pancakes and waffles one morning. Their muesli with fruit is nice and pretty well sized. Had lunch at the moroccan place next door which was good, as well as trying out Nigi Nigi too and the small hamburger place next door (both good). We didn't do many dinners at the hotel, instead opting to check-out D'talipapa (wet market with restaurants that will prepare your purchased seafood). Great value for money at D'talipapa. Also ate at Obama grill one night, had upset stomach after that though, so don't suggest that.

As for activities, most of the time is spent laying on the beach in front of Fridays. Peddlers will approach you once in a while, but security does not allow them to linger on the beach in front of Fridays so they hang out at the sides. I wanted to go snorkeling around crocodile island and puka beach, and found the prices of the peddlers much better than the Fridays activity center. I arranged a large motorboat (safety reasons) for the two of us for three hours for 1500. Compared to Fridays price of 3000 pesos. Ask for Manuel, with the ARMY t-shirt.

Overall, i don't know if i would go back to Fridays. I would give the overall rating a "good", somewhere in between average and very good. Sure the service was great and the location is at the nicer, quieter end of the beach. But i just didn't feel that i got great value for money.

My tips:
- Make sure you get the nicer deluxe rooms
- Opt for the cheaper activities through the peddlers
- Try D'talipapa for dinner

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jlbsha
At Sea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2009

loved every thing about it. Can't wait to go back again. I have not been on holiday for ages and wanted a peaceful getaway... there could not have been a better choice. I would recommend it to every one who wants time out to lose them selves and relax.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple