“Unbelievable!!!!!”

Ranked #42 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Australia
“Unbelievable!!!!!”
Reviewed 7 October 2009

This place is truely a paradise. Although we didn't think much of the township, once at the resort, you are made to feel like royalty. The design of the resort is divine, rooms charming and lack for nothing, staff exceptional and the pure white sand which is groomed daily is a sight to behold. Although at the top end of the market, it is well worth spending the extra and come away feeling relaxed and pampered. We will be back!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Australianginny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 3 October 2009

Fridays is a really nice hotel in a great location with brilliant staff. We finished up here after checking out of the horrid Boracay Beach Club. However by SEAsia standards I felt Fridays was way overpriced - but again I think it is probably the best option in Boracay.

My reason for posting a review was the shabby treatment given to us during our return transfer. We were placed on the hotels boat, but did not return to a wharf, rather we stopped in waist depth water. They used several local porters to carry us and our luggage across the water, whereupon myself and my wife were accosted by these porters demanding money off. They got extremely agitated when we refused, as I did not see why we should have to pay them for something we had paid the hotel for.

I strongly felt that all aspects of this incident were extremely poor and unprofessional of Fridays - so beware.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank magpie71
Melbourne
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Wow ... what an amazing resort Friday's is !

We had a long arduous trip to Caticlan ( closest airport to Boracay ), and were greeted with genuine warmth, friendlieness, and a resort to die for.

We upgraded to a Premier Room, and it was worth every cent. As our room was located directly across from the restaurant, and no more than 10steps to the beach.

The room was large, with a all of the mod cons you'd expect in a luxury resort. They are decked out in a traditional rather than contemporary decor, with King bed, and 2 x day beds, a mosquito net around the bed, dvd player, and a large bathroom.

Friday's is located down one end of the beach ... which was quieter, and more private than being in amongst the hustle bustle. It was a lovely 15min walk along the beach to DMall ( filled with bars, restaurants and cafes ).

We ate most of our meals at Fridays' restaurant, as the service was spectacular, the meals were divine, and it was reasonably priced.

The one thing my friend and I both noticed with regards to Fridays Boracay, was the incredible customer service we received, the friendlieness of the staff, and how nothing was too much trouble for them. The staff are what makes the resort so special !!!!
I have worked in the travel industry for the past 17yrs, travelled around the world and have stayed in some amazing hotels/resorts, however the customer service I received at Fridays Boracay was without a doubt, the best I have experienced anywhere in the world. It was faultless. It was personalised, and the ever attentive staff catered to your every need, and were very proactive in making your stay as comfortable as possible.

I can't wait to visit again !!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank luv2fly70
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Friday's is simply exceptional!

We have just returned from a 10 day holiday in Boracay, 7 of those days of which we spent at Fridays. Friday's has been around for a long time in Boracay, and it is clear to me, after enjoying Fridays' service, why it will continue to be one of the best resorts on the Island.

While new and fancy resorts are coming up all around, Fridays maintains a stylish rustic charm without compromising on quality and modern amenities. Its rooms and facilities are regularly upgraded and maintained with modern facilities and fixtures, yet the natural, tropical architecture remains. And of course, it has the best beach front of the entire 4km White Beach!

Fridays really excels in the top-notch, personalized service from all its staff. Giving good service costs nothing, but it is clear that Fridays management and staff invest a great deal in ensuring that your experience at Fridays will be pleasant and memorable. Simple gestures and touches abound at Fridays, and it is these that are the icing on the cake that just make the overall Fridays experience an exceptional and memorable one. The daily "bed mail", or little personal good night messages written on the leaves that were placed on the bed, the "message in the bottle" every morning outside your door, the pouka shell necklaces that you are greeted with, the daily raking and patterning of the sand of the beach in front of the resort...all clearly indicating the pride and love that is put into the Fridays service experience.

All the staff, under the very capable and friendly leadership and guidance of GM Barry Schofield, excel at their roles, and make every effort to see that you are well taken care of, comfortable and happy. Jo Jo, a waiter who has been with Fridays for many many years, provides exceptional service, and has a unique ability to anticipate your needs even before you ask! Renan, Antony, Rian, Dubhe, Larry, Rey, and all the rest also contributed to making our stay a fantastic one at Fridays!

And, as a scuba diver, kudos also goes to Fridays' in-house dive shop, Calypso Divers, for providing us with excellent service and some great underwater memories too! Thanks Jade and Rony!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeffgreig66
Tulsa
Reviewed 24 June 2009

This was our first trip to the Philippines and it was absolutely outstanding! The hotel and staff were perfect, the food was delicious and we couldn't have asked for better scenery. It was a lovely, quiet resort but just a few minutes walk from the action so it was definitely the best of both worlds.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UKOkie
England
Reviewed 17 June 2009

Prior to my homecoming from UK, I was already canvassing for a pretty good resort to bring my Mom and family in Boracay. I received really competitive rates from other resorts and surprise of all surprises, my former Dulaang Bayanihan theater member, Jill Miranda, now works in Fridays Resort! I booked 3 Premier Rooms near the beachfront.
The service was really good! The booking was handled pretty well by Jill Miranda and her team. We were greeted at the airport by the super efficient Rey who managed to calm my Mom's maid's nerves when we were about to ride the boat transfer to Boracay. It was her first time to travel by air and sea. c",) My Mom managed the 45 steps down to the beachfront despite her using a walking cane. What a trooper!
The welcome committee Miles and Rian gave us the complimentary shell necklace and cool fruit drinks which was a delight because we were so parched already from the early morning travel.The rooms did not disappoint us at all. It was big with a king sized bed and 2 single beds; and the bathroom's really clean and stylish. Having experienced staying in other resorts in Boracay, I could say that Fridays Resort has the best beachfront compared to the other Boracay hotels (a nearby resort was still trying to pirate us even if they knew already that we were staying in Fridays!).
I was just let down by the food during the buffet night. Some of the dishes were bland and we felt that it was rushed. Having said that, the ever efficient Juvy, Ethel and Cyrus have done a brilliant job of ensuring our food orders were served beautifully.
My nephews liked the homemade chocolate truffles, the pool, the game room, the island tour and the snorkeling experience. If it wasn't raining, we would have tried the Banana boat ride, kayaking and para-sailing too. All in all it was a delightful stay. It was all worth it. Mom actually wants to celebrate her 65th birthday here. We all would like to go back and stay at least a week in Fridays Resort next summer. And I promise, will bring more tea for Barry. c",)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Bloomfield_Lily
Seoul
Reviewed 1 June 2009

I've been there with my family last month.
Normally I don't leave any comment or review unless I got really angry but this time is different.

This resort was more than what I was expected.
It was my first time to the phillipines but I've been to the indonesia(Bali) so I thought it would be the same. One of my friends recommanded this resort because he has been there when he stayed in the Phillipines for a year in 2005.
I don't know how to thank him enough.

The location is just great!
When I saw the pictures, I thought they are modified pictures. I just wish I could live there...Stayed one of the delux rooms ( read the reviews before I left) and it was exactly what I expected. Staff were all good and friendly. There is an english manager whose name is Barry and he was super helpful and friendly! It was lucky that they have english manager there because sometimes it's really challenging to understand asianised english... He knew exactly what we needed and what we expected to expierince. Thank you!

Ah..I wish I was there now not stuck in the office...

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family