“Quiet, Affordable and the best view”

Willy's Beach Hotel
Ranked #14 of 221 Boracay B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Quiet, Affordable and the best view”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

If you want a quiet stay in Boracay with the best view of white beach, Station 1 is the place to go. If you're on a budget but you want clean rooms, good food and excellent service...go for Willy's. Willy's has the best view of the beach. It can get a bit crowded in the afternoon when people start lining up for a photo op at Willy's rock which is right across the hotel.

The room has basic amenities. No bath tub. Simple shower. Nobody cares because you're supposed to be out there at the beach. :) The breakfast buffet is ok, a good variety of pinoy fare and pancakes.

Room Tip: Choose a superior deluxe or deluxe room with a Veranda facing the beach.
2 Thank Luciouslu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I recently stayed at Willy's Beach Club hotel for a friends wedding (which was actually in the hotel). In total our stay was around two weeks. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, this was by far the best hotel that I have ever stayed in.

The hotel is located right on the beach in "Station 1" of Borocay, which was quite and extremely beautiful, with absolutely stunning views of the bay, and the unique "Willy's Rock". We had absolutely no noise pollution or trouble sleeping, and could easily walk down to "Station 2" within minutes to sample the restaurants and nightlife.

The food in the hotel was excellent. We were staying on a bed and breakfast basis, but frequently ordered room service as the food was so good! Willy's also catered for the wedding, which was also very tasty, and provided a wide range for everyone. As anyone who has been to Borocay knows, food and drinks take a while to be served, but i think that this is the same throughout the Philippines, once the drinks arrived they were great, particularly the cocktails!!

The rooms were beautiful, and always kept clean, and well stocked with towels etc. The staff in this hotel really do set it apart from the rest. I have NEVER experiences service like this either at home or abroad. They carried out every task (apart from cocktail making ;)) with such speed and precision that it really left an impression on our party. They made every member of our group feel like a VIP, and really could not have done more for us.

Excellent hotel, if returning to Borocay, I really would not even consider staying at another hotel,

Thank you Willy's!!! :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carolyn M
Glasgow
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

I cannot in any way fault this hotel! I literally have NOTHING bad to say about this hotel or its staff and I cannot praise them enough!

Me and my partner went to Boracay a couple of years ago and fell in love with this beautiful island. The beaches, the food, the people! We then decided we had to get married here!
Due to the location (Willys Rock and beachfront) we chose Willys Beach Club Hotel and do not regret it for a second. Station 1 is quiet enough for a peaceful night sleep but just a 5 min walk from all the action!
We had 11 rooms to our wedding guests, all of which praised us on our choice of hotel, and each person was treated as an individual from the most friendly, attentive, pleasant and hard working staff you could get!
I have to give huge praise to Samantha our wedding coordinator. She exceeded our expectations and she is the reason our wedding was as perfect as it was. With 80 wedding guests attending she went above and beyond to make everyone happy. Anyone planning their wedding and thinking about having at Willys please do it! You will not be disappointed!!! Samantha and the rest of the staff at Willys somehow made the day even better than I ever could have imagined!! People kept asking me how I was so calm and after the great and constant communication and reassurance from Samantha there was no reason for me to be worried or stressed! Samantha thank you!
Other than the success of our wedding day our full stay at Willys was outstanding. We even extended our stay a couple of days because we just didn't want to leave!
The rooms were clean, modern and had all the amenities a room needs. There was always staff around to clean it or replenish it or just see to whatever needs you had. And the best part is that they genuinely wanted to help you and were always smiling. I work in a hotel myself and i wish the staff were even just a bit as enthusiastic and willing to help as the staff at Willys were.
The hotel itself was also very well maintained. The dining area was right at the beach front, literally 5 steps from the white sand and had the most amazing view of Willys Rock especially at sun set!
The breakfast was awesome, I embraced Phili life and had meat and rice most mornings! But there are many choices including cereals, fruits and even a station where eggs can be made to you personally. The menu for the rest of the day was also pretty damn good. We tried eating out when we could (forcing ourselves out of our perfect Willys bubble!) but when we did eat in the restaurant there were no complaints. Can't forget to mention the cocktails at happy hour!! May take a little longer as they are all made fresh on the spot but damn they are good!!!! You definitely don't get mango or watermelon daiquiris like that in the UK! Yummo!
I'm well travelled. With my previous job I've probably stayed in over 50 hotels around the world and I'm not exaggerating when I say that this hotel, staff and experience has been the best one by far!!!
To sum it up....the hotel rooms are great, the food - ma sarap!, the view is unforgettable and the staff are the best. As amazing as the hotel is it wouldn't be the same without its staff. It was actually emotional saying bye to them all! I wish more people were like these guys as they are the ones that truly made my holiday the best I've ever had!!!
We said all our wedding guests would have a 5 year reunion at Willys but there is no way I can wait that long!
Best time of my life - fact!!!
See you soon Willy's!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Tanya K
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2013

fantastic fortnight in Borocay, I am a much travelled person but this beats all. Willy;s staff are just magnificent couldnt be more helpful and pleasant.The hotel is right on the beach and I agree with nadyak30 to such an extent that think Willy's should consider suing via trip advisor Mau1967.
That there was no beach is a false claim.You walk of a sandy forecourt down 3 steps and are on the beach.While eating breakfast the beach is 4 foot from your table.Not safe? on what experience is that based on?We came back early hours and entered from the ''non existant'' beach and were stopped by two security men. Our own child was wondering around on his own on the safe ''non existant'' beach ,as were many other children ,all within view of parents.
Personally I was glad of the road behind the hotel as we could go walks into town and also meant we didnt have to walk along a sandy''nonexistant beach for miles to the boat station with our luggage.

The prices in the hotel and outside were as cheap as I have found anywhere ,a bottle of beer for a pound or less!! Breakfast buffet was as extensive as anywhere I have been ,even had a cook to prepare eggs a la carte next to you.

Mau1967 ,you are what makes people think twice about reading trip advisor,So many false claims lead me to think either you are talking about a totally different place with the same name or have an ulterior motive. I have included pictures in support of what most on here say.

To all in Willy's ,thank you for making our holiday probably the best we have ever had. I will certainly be back. It appeared that the young couple that got married on Willy's 'non exstant beach' and there guests also agreed going by what we overheard.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I attended Boracay for a wedding and I wouldn’t be lying in saying the journey over was a trek and a half but as soon as I arrived and saw the island, it was definately worth it. What made my journey so special was the treatment we received from Willy's Beach Resort. It was outstanding. I have been to numerous hotels over time and all over the world, but never have I experiencedsuch a high level of customer service and where I was looks after so well. Every member greeted you with a hello mam; they accommodated everything and did it with a smile. No request was too much for them. Over the 10 days (we decided to stay an extra 2 days) we experienced Boracay, one of the most beautiful places that exist. There was a host of restaurants that catered for every single taste. The beaches were out of this world and the people were so so lovely. Definitely recommend the water sports as you will never be able to do them anywhere else as cheaply. 30 mins on jet ski for £10 and parasailing for £12!! Helmet diving is a must and don’t forget the sun set sail. Whatever I write about Boracay will not do this place justice. It is the ultimate dream destination and if I won the lottery I'd move there tomorrow.
To Mau1967 who wrote the review on the 13th of April- this really annoyed me as it was so inaccurate 1) "The hotel not have beach"--Seriously I think you need to get your eyes tested. You are ON the beach. The hotel has 5 steps which you go down and you are ON the beach. You couldn’t get closer to the beach unless you want the hotel in the water?!! 2) " Child without parents"- And? Was that a child in the hotel or was it a random child on the street. If so I saw many children without parents. Should the hotel have told you that children under 18 may be walking about without a parent? This has nothing to do with the hotel so should not have even featured in your "review". 3) "People with sunglasses, offering tours many are only seat and seeing" -yes its true people to walk up and ask if you want sunglasses but all you have to say is no and they leave you straight alone, they don’t pester you or insist you buy. Now these people do not wander around Willys premises (they are not allowed and know this) they wander up and down the whole of the beach and given that you said Willy's doesn’t have a beach they must have nothing to do with Willy's so again why put that in? The same with the tours - It's your choice if you choose to do the tours or watersports but we did and given the fact that there is a lot of people offering the tours and activities you can get a really good deal. I don’t know what seat tours are but the cruises we went on were amazing but NOTHING to do with Willys so again why put that in a hotel review. 4)"About the beach, not sand, only "green water”, not safe"-The beach again which has nothing to do with the hotel contained copious amounts of amazing white sand, no rubbish whatsoever. The unsafe green water- also known as algae occurs at various months of the year. I do not believe there were any reports of killer large group nonflowering plants when I was present. It is 100% safe, very clean and is only at the shore. You simply walk through it and then are in the clearest of waters. 5) "Dirty backspace"-given the fact that MAU1967 missed the big massive beach theire eyes may have been playing up with this fact as well- the hotel was immaculate. Whenever you went down there was always staff sweeping, cleaning, tending to the garden. 6) "Not safe" - the complete opposite- there was always a security guard at the stairs. Staff were always about. 7) Noisy at night- Actually very quiet at night. Willys was perfect. A 5 min walk would take you to the bars where it was noisy but in the hotel it was quiet. The security and staff make sure it is not too noisy. 8) "the location is near the walk way"- seriously did this person read anything about this hotel... yes it is near the walkway... it is ON the beach front, all hotels on the beachfront have a walkway behind it... it is called a road... this is needed to get to the hotel unless you plan to walk from the boat port. 9) "You can’t use a hammock"- yes this is correct. Nor can you use one in any of the hotels on the beach front. In hindsight Willy's should have grown 2 palm trees if they had known that MAU wascoming but maybe there was just not enough time. Fortunately sun loungers with cushions, with free towels were available instead.
Please do not pay attention to any of the bad review I do think that this person must have been at was at another hotel….on another island…..in a different country. Willys was an amazing hotel with fabulous staff and without them I am 100% sure it would not have been the same experience. They made me feel so special and I would recommend this place to anyone that was going to Boracay.

Room Tip: Theres 2 levels I would recommend the upper lever. Also one with the sea view.
3 Thank Nadyak30
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2013

From the moment we got off the plane to the moment we left we had the most amazing service available. I was there for a wedding and WOW what a job they did, the staff were 2nd to none, the amenities top notch, location was beautiful. They really made you feel welcome and very accommadating. We felt like a king and queen while there. Compared to some of our other Philippine experiences this was no.1

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Went to Boracay for the nth time. This time, I went there with my boyfriend and college friends. This hotel is really clean! I love it! :) One of the best hotels in Station 1, Boracay. Staff are really accommodating and friendly. The room itself is very clean! :)

One thing we noticed though is that, you need to contact the staff first before they will turn on the hot shower, it was really inconvenient.

Also, it has the perfect location. Easier to go to D'mall.
But over all, it was a great experience. Breakfast buffet was the bomb as well! YUMMY! :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple