“Perfect for those who want to be right by the shore”

and 1 more site!
Willy's Beach Hotel
Ranked #13 of 226 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend traveled via WowPhilippines (Worst experience ever) and we booked Willy's via this travel agent. One of the worst experiences getting to Boracay from Manila due to domestic flight cancellations and no communication from WowPhilippines.

However, and I must thank Willy's, the team at WBC really made us comfortable from the moment we landed at Boracay Port.

We upgrade from the non-sea view to one of the front ground rooms (and I'm glad we did). The beach was literally 10 seconds walk down the slope which led us to face Willy's grotto.

As a filipino born in the UK, I know about the quality of filipino hospitality - regardless if you're a guest in the hotel or just a stranger walking by. The WBC team were amazing and always were of great service.

The only negative was that the food wasn't particularly great, but I think we didn't give it a chance as we ate at many of the restaurants down Station 1. The cocktails were slightly strong but I really loved the juice especially calamansi juice (which for non-filipinos - i really recommend!).

Room Tip: Try to get the lower ground room, especially the one closest to Willy's Grotto - It's really...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J C
There are newer reviews for Willy's Beach Hotel

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were fortunate enough to stay in a grand premiere room on the 3rd floor for about a week. The view was outstanding as the balcony area is large and has windows on 3 sides. The staff is great and always kind, friendly, and willing to help with any request. Willys is a solid midrange hotel. It is not quite luxury as it lacks a swimming pool and does not have a huge buffet breakfast and other amenities of a luxury hotel. Yet this hotel is by no means a cheap budget hotel. It is an excellent midrange choice and I would gladly come back again. Our room was very clean, the bed was comfortable. The decor in the room is very basic and the bathtub is small, so we never took a bath. Shower is just ok. But for the price it was perfectly acceptable as the room and balcony together was quite large and the view was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We visited in May 2013. Online arrangement was easy. We were picked up by new vans and cordially received with shell necklace and drinks.

Dinner was tasty.

Buffet breakfast was amazing. The restaurant is at the beachfront and has tables and chairs on the beach. You can eat breakfast right after swimming or while swimming which is a plus since my kids get their appetites only after a work out. This is the best arrangement for kids. They have bacon, fruits, cereals, various breakfast viands, egg station and good coffee and juices.

This hotel is located in station one and has limited rooms so it was not crowded. Willy's rock draws crowds though but you can still swim in peace most of the time. Jonah's the famous fruitshake was also near and very accessible to the kids.

The bathroom has complete toiletries and towels. It was not big but clean. Beds have soft white sheets. Room was cool and comfy. We stayed at the beachfront rooms - ground floor.Staffs were friendly.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Okay maybe I was spoiled by our previous hotel in Boracay but Willy’s was a major letdown. Upon checking in at noon we were greeted with a terse “check in time is 2pm” okay no problem we’ll sit and have a drink and some lunch as the outlook from the restaurant is beautiful.

So lunch, I had a “Caesar Salad” which consisted of ice berg lettuce, specks of bacon, some grilled chicken and mayonnaise, simply awful. My wife had a burger that was inedible due to the amount of gristle and sinew in the meat. First and last time we ate there.

After waiting for well over an hour I went back and politely asked if the room was ready yet and was told again check in time was 2pm. I asked if it was actually ready and got the same response, whatever, not the best start to a stay I’ve ever had. Miraculously at 2pm the room became available. I must say that during our entire stay all the front office staff were not particular friendly despite my best efforts at engaging with them.

All was not lost because we then got to our super deluxe accommodations, room 201 which is on the 1st floor right at the front of the hotel. A large, cool room overlooking the beach, with a nice sheltered balcony, a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by. The bed was also very good, nice and soft, and Wi-Fi excellent, but the room is tired and in desperate need of a makeover, much like the rest of the hotel.

Breakfast was dreadful; everything was cold, even the bacon (think cold fried eggs on a plate covered in cling wrap one day) no matter what time we ate. The only saving grace was an egg station, where the chef would cook to order and some fresh fruit. The restaurant staff were however very friendly and efficient.

The beachfront has limited chairs, but we seemed to get one most times we wanted. Of course the hotel is directly in front of Willy Rock which is a magnet for tourists especially at sunset, but it was never that crowded and the beach and water are gorgeous.

The hotel markets itself as arguably the iconic beachfront hotel in Boracay, and it probably was back in the day, but now it really has nothing going for it apart from its beachfront location, it’s tired, old and in much need of something to bring it back to its glory days. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone; there are much better hotels around the area with similar room rates.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank D66
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Willy's is a great place to stay. We booked our stay via travelonline.ph. It had the best value due to: 1.) being located in Station One and 2.) having low-season rates in June.

You will not find it hard to find this hotel amongst the dwellings lined up on the beachfront, for it is located right in front of its namesake, Willy's Rock, the only one of its kind in Boracay. Upon our arrival, we were greeted with a "lei" of seashells and a mango shake. That's the best type of welcome when you've been through a plane ride, a bus ride, a ferry ride, and a ride at the back of a L300 jeep in the past 5 hours. We had a friend who came to stay with us as an additional guest and we didn't have any trouble checking him in.

The room is generously furnished with extra-big and fluffy pillows, a safety box, an emergency light, a water heater, a cable TV and a mini-fridge. The best feature of the room for me however is the lovely shower stall with 6 (six!!) nozzles with so you can almost have a shower without moving. Our room had an opening to a veranda where you can chat, smoke or dry your clothes.

They have a wide variety of breakfast items in the buffet. Some are staple dishes like the cereals and bread, but the soup, rice, juice and viands varied daily in the 3 days I ate breakfast here. (Tip: they also have non-traditional breakfast food so you can always skip lunch and have a heavy brunch instead. I also add that Willy's is almost next-door to Jonah's, the famed fruitshake place in Boracay.)

They provide a complete set of toiletries --- shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, towels, tissue, bath soap, cotton earbuds, lotion. They only make up rooms (and replace the toiletries) upon request. Complimentary bottles of water are provided daily. There is WiFi in the room and downstairs in the cafe (only they run on different networks so you need to log on again if you're going back to your room after breakfast, or vice-versa). A hair blower/drier is provided in the bathroom. Power outlets are numerous.

The only "disadvantage" I see is that it is a long walk to station 2 and 3, but if you have company you will almost not notice it. I would also recommend putting up a "sandstairs" of some sort so that guests will have an easier time going down the beach during high tide.

It was my first time in Boracay and staying Willy's was a really good part of a good vacation. I will gladly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lilytaiga
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Willy's on a non-peak season which means that the rates were lower. We booked via Agoda and we paid for only P4k/night. The reason I chose this hotel is because it is located in station 1 which is much much quieter than the other stations. It has beachfront access which was perfect for my heel condition wherein I have difficulty walking far. Besides, I just love hanging out and sunbathing wherein the hotel has sunbeds in front. A hotel guy is just there to give out beach towels when you need it. I felt safe swimming and surfing on the beach because the life guard station and tower is right outside the hotel.

Breakfast which came with the accommodation was buffet and they serve different dishes everyday. It has wide variety of choices you can select. It closes at 10:00am though which I suggest they close at the latest 10:30am because some people would go surfing, paddle boarding or swimming early morning until 10am and goes hungry after.

The hotel in general is old which you will see in the wall paint, ceiling, door jams etc but I believe they try to maintain it to be decent and presentable as much as they can.

The staff are friendly as they smile all the time. In fact I was happy with Rika, one of the dining crew whom I asked if they are serving pancake that morning. When she said it is not part of the buffet line up, I think she saw and felt my disappointment and she immediately said she will request their chef to cook for me. That really made my stay in this hotel extra special.

At the back entrance of the hotel, it is already the main access road where you can easily get a tricycle (main public transportation in Bora) to go everywhere you want. There's also the police station nearby, Catholic Church which is walking distance, convenience store, an emergency medical clinic nearby (near Jonah's, popular Bora shake bar).

I will definitely go back to this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here for just a night before we head to Shangri-la and I must say its really a good choice as it provides the best and relaxing view of the beach and ..the famous willy's rock.
The room that was assigned to us was on the second floor and we had a great view of the ocean, though kinda blocked by some palm trees. The room was neat and they arranged the bed with lots of rose petals in it. Sweet. The hotel's benches and seats fronting the beach are exclusive to hotel guests and a nice place for "people watching."

The food is great also although kind of limited. It is also just beside the famous Jonah's fruitshake :)

Room Tip: Take the second floor rooms with the view of the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple