“A Real Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 217 Boracay B&B and Inns
Boracay, Philippines
“A Real Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Hampstead is a welcome addition to Boracay's hotel community. Stylishly designed rooms and a three-bedroom villa gives guests their choice of accommodation right in the middle of White beach. Their bistro gives the feel of old world luxury with its cigar and single malt room attached to it. There are also great entrees on the new menu. Don't miss the Top of the H, it looks like a scene of great parties in the near future. More power!

Room Tip: Check out the 3 bedroom villa for families or groups
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank daCoach420
HampsteadHM, General Manager at Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Hi Paul, thanks for your positive outlook on the hotel and its grounds! we aim to please :) cheers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed at Hampstead only for one night but sometimes one night is enough! What a welcome break in a lap of luxury. After several very stressful weeks I was able to afford myself 1 very needed day off and Hampstead as the place to enjoy it. A very great decision, from hello the staff made me feel at home and took care of me like family. The place is amazing and the bed is like sleeping upon a cloud. As much as I hated to leave the next day I was recharged and ready to go! It felt as if I had a week off. Thank you all sooo soo much for the hospitality and comfort. See you all again soon!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank StacyCarpenter
HampsteadHM, General Manager at Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Hi, we are glad you enjoyed the evening here in comfort! Escaping Boracay ON Boracay is something we pride ourselves on at 8H. Cheers!
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at Hampstead Boracay Hotel. To reach the hotel, we had to go down a street with a basketball court and a few residences of the locals. It's a safe area but I didn't expect a beautiful hotel at the end of the road!

Hampstead stayed true to its core of being a boutique hotel. With only 8 rooms, the staff was very attentive and accommodating. The room has a big comfy bed and a nice bathroom (very important for me!). There was even a Coffe Bean and Tea Leaf Coffee Maker in the room! I especially loved the rooftop. I would have my breakfast in one of the huts and sunbathe on the day bed. Although, the view of the ocean is partially obstructed by buildings and trees.

My only concern with the hotel is that it is not on the beach front. You have to walk around 5 minutes to the beach, 8 minutes to the Station 1 hotels and 10 minutes to D'Mall. You can also take a trike, but the drivers were still not familiar with the hotel when we stayed there. They do know the basketball court though. Given this, the price of the hotel is a bit steep considering its location.

All in all, Hampstead Boracay Hotel, with its nice rooms and accommodating staff, is a great retreat from the noise of Boracay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank BP2490
HampsteadHM, General Manager at Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
HI! Thank you for your review :) I am Civi the hotel manager, we are happy you enjoyed the roof! Yes we are a bit out of the way, but our goal is to a retreat from the busy Whitebeach, as you said. Trike drivers will know shortly, since we are only open a few months they aren't familiar yet. If you tell them b-ball courts it's always easy:) Thanks again for choosing to spend your time on the island with us, we will see you again next time! cheers!
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Hempstead offered such great service. I especially loved their staff who were very friendly and hospitable. Our room was ALWAYS clean and aside from this they would give us free cookies and water for drinking everyday. With the beach only a 2- minute walk away from the hotel, it was indeed convenient. This was my sanctuary away from the noise along the shore.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gracie O
HampsteadHM, General Manager at Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Hi Gracie O, thank you for your kind words! We aim to make all our guests experience as wonderful as yours was. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! When you come back, our Top of The H rooftop bar will be open as well! great views for sunset :)

cheers from Hampstead!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

We took a risk with this hotel as prior to booking I couldnt find any review at all even here on Tripadvisor. Luckily Ive been to Boracay a few times so we took the risk knowing it was on station 1, plus based on online photos. I'm glad we took that risk :)

PROS:
- Hotel is very near station 1 beach - barely 5 mins walk.
- Staff was extremely friendly. It really made a good impression to my friend from Singapore (his first time in Boracay) about the famed Filipino hospitality.
- Our booking via agoda.com said it didnt include breakfast but they gave it to us anyway. This was a huge surprise and much appreciated as we were staying 4 nights.
- They have a 'banig' (filipino woven mat) plus a carry-on bag which we took to the beach everyday. It was great for sunbathing and carrying around our stuff. They also provide beach towels at the reception. (they also have rubber slippers in the room though im not sure if it was for free as it still had the havaianas tag)
- For coffee lovers, they have a coffee machine in the room (we didnt get to maximise this as we dont really drink a lot of coffee).
- Everytime we use the wifi at the ground floor dining area they will always serve us water without even asking.
- Every night when we got home from the beach, we would always find bath robes and a jar of cookies on the bed with a note from the hotel. This was truly exceptional customer service.
- Since it was not exactly on the main road and main beach, you have access to the street vendors who sell really good street food. We always ate the fried bananas and fried chicken sold on the street near the hotel. Cheap good food!
- Again customer service by the lovely ladies at the reception was exceptional. I just have to mention this again. You can ask them anything about the island and they are glad to help with a smile.

CONS (in the spirit of being fair and objective)
- from what i know (and based on online research), they dont have their own website (yet?). luckily i managed to find their facebook page to ask a few inquiries and view photos prior to making the booking. A website would definitely help (with photos and a map). Luckily, as mentioned, ive been to boracay several times and was familiar with the balabag church so finding the hotel for me was easy but would be difficult for tourists or first-timers (they are right behind the balabag church and plaza, beside escondido).
- the room rate (around Singapore Dollar 180 per night via Agoda) was the most Ive ever paid for with my stays in Boracay. This was understandable though as it was the chinese new year long weekend. In fact when I was doing the booking, all my preferred hotels were fully booked thus we settled for this hotel. I'm glad we did though. And good for the hotel that they made up for the high hotel rates with the PROS i mentioned above. However, I am not sure I would pay the same rate for this hotel if other hotels werent fully booked and if not peak season.
- there is no signage in front of the hotel

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel (for those who could afford it). We were also told that they just opened in Dec 2012 thus my CONS above may hopefully be invalid one day. I do hope though they maintain the exemplary service and standards as most hotels will slack and decline on this as more customers come in and the longer the hotel is in operation.

I miss Boracay already! :)

Room Tip: Lower floors as there is no lift
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Shan_Abellaneda
HampsteadHM, General Manager at Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear Shan

Hello from Hampstead Boracay! Allow me to introduce myself, I am the new Hotel Manager Aaron Civitarese. I am currently going through trip advisor reviews and wanted to thank you personally for staying with us and taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I have some feedback for you regarding your review:

We appreciate the kind worlds about the staffs attitude! The 'people' aspect of hospitality is what sets great hotels apart from ok hotels, and we aim to keep this at a high level...regardless of increased activities around the grounds. The cookies are a nice touch and we are happy they hit the spot. We have increased signage both on the street and on the building, so we are visible now :) The wifi is not only in common areas now, we have increased complementary service hotel wide...including the roof top bar!

Regarding rates, may I inform you of our new rates effective May 1 2013:

Superior room-4,250 year round and 5000 for peak seasons such as Christmas, Chinese New Year etc.

Suite room- 6'200 and 7'200 peak

Villa- 18K and 20K peak.

When you plan to come back to the beaches and relax on Boracay, we would love to have you again and further exceed your expectations at Hampstead. Have a great day in Singapore! I moved to Boracay from Singapore, I was working at Fairmont for 2 years there, love Singapore i miss the hawka centers!

Kind regards,
Aaron Civitarese
Hotel Manager
Giv'atayim, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stayed 3 nights at Hampstead Boracay Hotel. the room was clean & very nice. service & the staff were great. the location is a bit problematic to find & I would of course prefer if it was located on the beach but all in all - it is 2 min. walk from the beach next to station 1.
I must say the room rate is a bit expensive for this hotel but I guess it is because we stayed during New year's.
There are only 8 rooms in this hotel so it is very quiet & intimate

Room Tip: don't ask for high floor since there is no elevator. the Hotel is located behind the Church in...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Oz D
HampsteadHM, General Manager at Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Hello, and thank your for reviewing Hampstead! It was our pleasure to accommodate you for your time on the island paradise :)

Per your comments, yes we are set back from the beach but we like to believe quiet is nice and when it's time for action, it's only a minutes walk :) We are deploying signage around the area to easily direct guests to 8H as well. If you would like to book again in the future, be sure to check our web page for reduced rates, promotions and packages (though New years will always be more expensive...) Again, thanks for the review and choosing to spend your time with us at Hampstead, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Cheers,
Civi
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I general we were pleased with the stay:
- hotel is nicely designed and furnished, cozy and convenient;
- staff is very supportive and friendly;
- capsule coffee machine in the room is a good idea.

However, there are reason why i won't stay there anymore:
- wifi is only available in the lobby and is extremely slow - forget about online movies and even your work email;
- it is impossible to sleep with the window open for the fresh air - it is very noisy from the street. But if you close the windows - aircon creates even more noise;
- breakfast is small, limited in options, and it takes ages before it is ready after you order it;
- there is no laundry service offered to guests (so how do they wash the linens?).

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Mr Kladov A
HampsteadHM, General Manager at Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Privet Andrey!

I have some feedback for you regarding your review:

Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff, we aim for high levels of personalized service with a smile :)

You mentioned a few cons, which I would like to address. The wifi is improved, including the roof top bar and all guest rooms. We have increased the bandwidth and made it accessible and complimentary hotel wide. The menu has been completely re worked, the breakfasts are now quite large and increased staffing levels have improved our speed and efficiency. Per laundry, we have introduced guest laundry services. The linens have always been washed in house, there was just no service established for guests...which now there is :)

I am thankful for your feedback, it helps us improve our services. Please come visit us again next time you are in Boracay and we will continue to delight.

Have a wonderful day.