“A Boutique Hotel --- true to its name.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay

Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay
Ranked #13 of 217 Boracay B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“A Boutique Hotel --- true to its name.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We wanted to be near and yet far from the action at the beach. Hampstead Boutique was just the right place for us. Honey Grace was superb in carrying out our reservation details and was quick to respond to any of our inquiries. The whole staff was very accommodating, helpful and cheerful.

The rooms are clean and complete with amenities .....pillows just as you may want them, eco-friendly toiletries (if you know what I mean .... no scents), nicely lit with windows to bring in the sunshine. They have a nice collection of books in case you'd opt to stay in the hotel.

Hampstead provides you with beach mats and towels to bring to the beach, Station 1 is just across and not even a five minute walk. If you would like to swim in a pool, the reception staff would be most willing to make arrangements.

Price of our stay was a "jackpot", allowing us to enjoy Boracay more than we planned. Thank you to everyone, we had a great time!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rebeakah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We used their transfer service from Kalibo Airport and it went smoothly. Check in was a breeze. There was a small hiccup with the first room we were offered, but we were upgraded to a large beautiful suite. The staff are incredibly kind, sincere, and very accommodating. Breakfast was brought to our room everyday. The hotel is literally a two minute walk to the beautiful station 1 beach. They provide you with beach towels, slippers, hairdryer, and all the toiletries you need. They have a beautiful roof top deck where you can escape the crowds of boracay and just take it all in. Overall, we had an amazing 5 nights at the Hampstead and would definitely stay here again and definitely recommend this establishment. Thank you to the staff, especially Daizy, for a wonderful stay at the Hampstead.

Room Tip: Use their transfer service to/from the airport. It was very organized.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank darla b
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is the best hotel to stay in at Boracay if you'd like to be away from the party crowd, but still have easy access to White Beach. The hotel is located right behind station 1.

The staff is wonderful and good food is available in the hotel. The beef salpicao is one of the best I've ever tasted. I read somewhere that the owner used to be a manager in a global luxury hotel chain. You can expect the same level of service here at Hampstead at reasonable rates.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Hampstead Boracay is a fabulous boutique hotel in Boracay. Wonderful find. It's a beautiful hotel! With just 8 rooms and a villa so it's quiet and peaceful and the service is just exemplary! The room's nice and pretty and the thing that did it for us was the CBTL coffee machine! And every room has it. Nice touch! There's also a library and a business center where you can use a (pretty cool) desktop computer and browse the internet or print documents. For free! The rooms have wifi too. They also have bicycles which you can borrow. Breakfast comes free and they have 3 set menus to choose from: beach breakfast, Filipino and continental.

Let me tell you about the excellent staff and service. Since they dont have many rooms, they know every guest they have and they're very warm and pleasant to each and every one of them.

The hotel isn't located in the beach front but it's just a 3-minute walk to the beach which really isn't bad. It's very good value for money. Especially when you get the villa because it can accommodate up to 10 persons.

Overall, it's a beautiful hotel with an excellent service to go with it. At just a hundred dollars per night (for a regular room and we booked through myboracayguide.com), it's a very very good deal!

We have this habit of picking a different hotel each time we're in Boracay but we'll certainly pick Hampstead again next time.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank eggpie
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stay in room #5, which was a suite.
From my room, i had sea view from my personal private dinning table.
Room was big & clean..and I love the CBTL machine :)
I ask for hotel transfer to be arranged, needless to say, i was whisked from Kalibo by bus, then boat then jeepney without having to worry (The price i got was pretty good..i got quoted a ridiculous one when i emailed them transfer company myself)
The hotel is just 2mins from the beach which was purrrrfect for me because i was diving and the dive company is the first/second place i saw when i step onto the beach.

3 tops reason for the 5 star review
1) furnishing (coffee machine, the hand-made soap in the toilet which i love!)
2) value for money ( i paid $150 bucks for a suite with some seaview & pretty decent breakfast, and super proximity to the beach)
3) very friendly staff (reminded me I should take a towel to my dive center, left cookies in a jar for me in my bed after making up my room)

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tallcat
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Booked our stay here due to reviews I read on Trip Advisor. It was a great find as the hotel was fairly new and even though it was further from the beach compared to most popularly known hotels, I didn't mind it as much given what we got in exchange of the distance.

Some things to remember - it's still new so if you want a direct ride via tricycle right in front of the hotel, make sure to mention that it's the new hotel in Barangay Balabag right beside Escondido. Once there, you will have to climb up a steep incline to reach the hotel entrance. Didn't bother me at all as it's only a few meters away.

Check in was a breeze and my partner and I loved the calamansi-lemongrass welcome drink - very refreshing after the long trip. We booked the most basic room seeing that we were only going to use our hotel for sleeping. The superior room did not disappoint - it was spacious with a well stocked amenities. You can literally visit Boracay with only the clothes on your back and everything you need will be provided for - shampoo, conditioner, comb, toothbrush/toothpaste, bathrobes, slippers, bath and beach towels. The beach towels are strategically placed just at the main entrance/exit so before you head off to the beach, you can just grab a towel and return it as soon as you come back. Another nice touch is they also have free use of beach mats which are also placed right at the entrance/exit, pretty much equipping you with all you would need for a day on the beach.

The room also comes with a flat-screen cable TV, Nespresso machine and a safe - things you wouldn't find in most budget hotels in Boracay. I've stayed in Astoria before and they didn't have the Nespresso machine. The bed was also super, super comfortable with amazing silky linens. Everything smelled so fresh. I don't remember a night spent where I didn't get a good night's sleep and this is coming from someone with sleeping issues. The bathroom shower also gives instant hot water and the toilet comes with a bidet. One thing I noticed is that housekeeping was very good in making sure that amenities are restocked. I mean seriously, to be in Boracay and have all the comforts of home? I can't ask for more. Our room was very homey that we actually ended up spending a lot of time in the hotel.

A few things to point out though - water bottles were not available and had I not asked why there weren't any complimentary water included, I wouldn't have known that it was actually offered but only upon request. I wish I'd known it sooner though because I had to go out of my way to buy water outside on our first day. The breakfast is also complimentary but there were only two options available: Native and Continental. The native menu comes with egg (cooked the way you want it), with a fruit platter and juice of your choice. The meal is longganisa with garlic rice. That's it. You order Native breakfast everyday and it will always be longganisa and rice. The continental offered more diversity. The fruit platter and juice are also included but at least you have the option to choose banana or mango crepe or spam. It's still not a lot of options so after 5 days we were pretty much tired of the same food. The hot chocolate option is just Milo with too much water that you end up drinking a hot beverage that tastes a little like Milo. You can have your meals brought up to your room which was a major plus so it was really no big deal. The 2nd floor where our room is located is also where the library is located. The library came with tons of book (with nice titles too!) and they had a Mac with internet access. The wifi though could use a bit of an upgrade as it had a very bad connection. My phone battery is consumed with the continuous effort to find wifi connection as it keeps on getting disconnected. Again, no biggie because we were in Boracay and it would be a waste to spend it staring at your electronic devices. It would not be a recommended hotel though for those who have to bring their work with them.

From what I've read from Trip Advisor before, the hotel had a really nice rooftop. I went up to see it but it was not much. I also never encountered any night partying there so don't expect any real happenings at the hotel. For the price we paid and for the comfort we enjoyed, it was definitely a worthwhile stay. I particularly appreciated the fact that the hotel was far from the busy and noisy beachfront hustle and it was such a different high to wake up refreshed from a good night's rest. Last but not the least, it's the staff who made the difference - the simply gestures or opening doors, offering to carry your stuff for you, the genuine and never-ending smiles from everyone really made us feel welcome and right at home. It's not a perfect hotel but it was made perfect by the staff who all went out of their way to make sure that our stay was as comfortable as they can make it. Our sincerest thanks to Honey, Daisy and James for all your warmth and kind attention. You guys were awesome!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank patsp
HampsteadHM, Online Manager at Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your comprehensive review of our hotel--it means a lot coming from a TripAdvisor Senior Reviewer! We're so pleased you have rewarded us with a 5-star review. We're taking note of the areas you noted should be improved --and we're also taking note of the items of your experience that you really appreciated. Hope to see you again soon!
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This is the former Escondido Crab House, we ordered the aligue crab which is a 500 gram crab and shrimp sinigang. The crab was good but the shrimp sinigang only consisted of 3-4 big shrimps, rice and coke - the bill was 1,300 - a bit pricey in my opinion. But the staff is attentive and nice

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple