“Friendly staff and convenient location”

Hampstead Boutique Hotel Boracay
Ranked #14 of 223 Boracay B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,598 helpful votes
“Friendly staff and convenient location”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This place just has 8 rooms inside the hotel, very clean inside with friendly staff. Location is convenient: just a 5 min walk down to White Beach. Wifi worked fine in the reception area on the ground floor but didn't work at all in the room. Rooms are a little small (unless you take the suite option), bed only queen size. Bathroom also fairly small with a shower (no bath). Paid 4400 PHP per night which seemed fairly expensive by Philippine standards, but I guess is reasonable value in Boracay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KGB777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2014

It is not beachfront but near enough to enjoy all the activities. It is at most a 10 mins stroll, more likely a 3-5 mins walk to the beach. Yet it is far enough to be away from the noise so it is really peaceful and quiet. Plus, on the way to the beach there is a laundromat which charges Php40 per kilogram of clothes. Also nearby is a 24 hr convenience store and restaurants. Perfect location!
Since it is not beachfront, they don't have any beach chairs for their guests but they provide mats to take along to the beach.
The only disadvantage with this place is that all the rooms are on the second and third floor, each level separated by a flight of 16 steps. We were on the third floor so it was 32 steps up if we forgot to take anything!
Staff was friendly and helpful but they did not tell us about the Boracay guide book and discount card giving special discounts to participating outlets.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SGBudgetTraveller
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It is the second time that I have stayed at Hampstead and the experience gets better each time. On this occasion, I booked the Suite. The room was spacious and very clean. The only drawback I felt to the room was the lack of a TV and stereo in the lounge. I felt that this was a necessity for the room to be classified as a suite.

However, this minor observation was more than surpassed by the excellent people of Hampstead. The Hampstead staff take their duties to heart and ensures that their guests has the best possible experience. From the moment I arrived to my departure, they made me feel very welcome and my requests were always met with a smile and promptly delivered with a minimum of fuss. I will have no hesitation in recommending Hamsptead to any visitor to Boracay who is looking for affordable accommodation with first class services and amenities.
To all the staff at Hampstead, thanks again for making my stay enjoyable and memorable. A special mention to Daizy, Romelyn, Dexter, Honey, Mitch, and Grace, who went out of their way to make me feel like I have returned to my home in Boracay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank SydneyLad
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 23 May 2014

While I was reading the travel guides and tips on the website, hampstead didn't come to my mind since it's not a very popular hotel among the Chinese tourists. However I saw so many nice reviews about them on trip adviser so I decided to give it a shot.

I swear it is worthy of every penny you spend. When I arrived the hotel in the early morning, all the staff welcome me with great smile and drinks. They gave an early check-in even without I asking for it.

They are always cheerful, helpful and nice to guests. They never say "no" or "I don't know" to us. If it comes to something that they don't know, they would either check online or call other people to check.

Some people might say that the location is not that good since it's not facing the ocean. But actually, when you walk out the hotel and go across the stress, through a little lane you will see the boundless sky and ocean. This kind of scene should only be in dreams...

I will certainly recommend Hampstead to my friends and other people who will go to boracay. Also the breakfast is very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank liqueur619
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The rooms are beautiful and my wife and I enjoyed the different art pieces installed in the hotels.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Best customer service experience I have had so far. Staff who fixed our room also left us a surprise when they shaped one towel like a crab and put sunglasses on it. Definitely made my wife and I smile after a long day at the beach.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jdfuntanilla
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We wanted to be near and yet far from the action at the beach. Hampstead Boutique was just the right place for us. Honey Grace was superb in carrying out our reservation details and was quick to respond to any of our inquiries. The whole staff was very accommodating, helpful and cheerful.

The rooms are clean and complete with amenities .....pillows just as you may want them, eco-friendly toiletries (if you know what I mean .... no scents), nicely lit with windows to bring in the sunshine. They have a nice collection of books in case you'd opt to stay in the hotel.

Hampstead provides you with beach mats and towels to bring to the beach, Station 1 is just across and not even a five minute walk. If you would like to swim in a pool, the reception staff would be most willing to make arrangements.

Price of our stay was a "jackpot", allowing us to enjoy Boracay more than we planned. Thank you to everyone, we had a great time!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rebeakah
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We used their transfer service from Kalibo Airport and it went smoothly. Check in was a breeze. There was a small hiccup with the first room we were offered, but we were upgraded to a large beautiful suite. The staff are incredibly kind, sincere, and very accommodating. Breakfast was brought to our room everyday. The hotel is literally a two minute walk to the beautiful station 1 beach. They provide you with beach towels, slippers, hairdryer, and all the toiletries you need. They have a beautiful roof top deck where you can escape the crowds of boracay and just take it all in. Overall, we had an amazing 5 nights at the Hampstead and would definitely stay here again and definitely recommend this establishment. Thank you to the staff, especially Daizy, for a wonderful stay at the Hampstead.

Room Tip: Use their transfer service to/from the airport. It was very organized.