DiveGurus Boracay Beach Resort
Coast(Boracay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdive gurusdive shopdiving experienceopen water padiamazing divejo jorescue diverstart divingdiving centerresort staffexcellent place to stayfriendly hotelboat stationaffordable pricechoose this hotelhome away from homeperfect stay
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My Husband and I stayed with Dive Gurus to complete our open water Padi certification and enjoyed both our stay and instruction immensely—we even extended our stay a little with them we had so much fun.

The location was amazing, right on the beach, a little way out of the bustle which was good for us and ideally located to get on the dive boat which was pretty critical when you have a tank on your back:)

The dive equipment was great, the instruction was amazing, (thanks Edwin) the support boat guys were fantastic and the dives themselves were out of this world. My husband and I both really enjoyed the calm and efficient way that we learned to scuba and left feeling ready for the next experience.

The accommodations and resort side was also very nice, nothing extravagant, but simple, clean and comfortable. There was a great dining area upstairs and the food was very yummy. We also enjoyed after scuba drinks in the onsite bar, recapping the dives and hearing gnarly stories was fun and after diving in many other places, a rarely great atmosphere that wasn't often repeated.

The stars of this place were the staff. The ladies on the front desk were so helpful, The dive master and instructors we accomplished patient and funny and we were even very lucky to receive assistance from an owners wife while we were there who helped us navigate the next portions of our trip and make great recommendations. They even continued to support us with necessary documents after we had left.

This place was great- thanks guys, we'll be boring everyone to death with stories about you for ages!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Clare_Skyles
Reviewed 26 April 2013

relling alone and a beginner OW diver. First time in this resort and this was a fantastic place to stay at, I adored every bit of it! If you want to feel like you are part of a family and not just a number within the crowd this is the place to go!!!! The staff are fantastic, they will help you with any request and Tita Ditas, the boss, makes you feel more than welcome the very minut you step in. The rooms are simple but new, spacious and very clean (I can be picky so it really is very clean), bathroom is also. The dives were great, the diving staff are very professional and my dive guide Brandon made sure I felt safe at every time and always chose the best locations regarding my level. Even the food is great! In all, great value for money for sure!
The location is perfect, right by the beach with a nice view on the sea and sunset every night, it's in station 3 and away from all the noise and busy party people, but is only a short walk away if you really want to have a night out. Only thing though are the roosters that are around the island of Boracay... they can really cut your night in 2 or 3 if you don't have ear plugs! A real pity because it has nothing to do with Dive Gurus Resort at all, they are just roaming around and yelling at each other most of the night...
I will definitely be back there no doubt!!!! Thanks again for a fantastic holiday!!!!

Room Tip: The higher floor rooms are a bit less noisier but cost a little more, worth it though!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bamboosa
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My family and I spent 5 days at dive gurus and it was great. The location was fantastic as its away from the busy, noisy and crowded part of the beach. The beach front is clean compared to the other resort in the other stations. Staffs always wear this warmth and friendliness on their faces. They are very accommodating and helpful especially in arranging water sports other than their specialty which is diving. Their shake/fruit juices are the best as it taste so authentic and no additives on it. So sarap. You will even enjoy it while laying down on their beach chairs or up on their second floor which have chairs for you to relax do nothing and just enjoy the sea view. And if ever you need to buy things theres a small store beside the resort. Price of room is worth every peso as it includes breakfast which you can choose from american, continental and filipino, each even has mix and match items to suit you morning craves. Overall its a resort worth staying if you want to have a vacation in boracay. Thumbs up to the staffs and everyone in dive gurus! Hope we visit again soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bam M
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Just back from Boracay and stayed at Dive Gurus. We went there after rejecting the room at Boracay Traveller's Resort. (Give this "resort" a miss) Dive Gurus were booked full, and we were offered a room on the ground floor. Rooms at the upper floors cost more, but have better views. Great location, friendly staff, far from the madding crowd at Station 2, a hop step and jump away from the beach, free beach towels, free beach chairs to sleep away the day, breakfast included - local, continental or American - cold beers from the bar fridge at store prices, the balcony on the second floor is a perfect place to just do nothing, and have a great view of the sea. Definitely worth the price. Convenience store just next door, eateries 2 minutes away, if you chose not to eat at Dive Gurus.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AVP1112
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I've spent 7 times at Divegurus now. Every time I enjoy the top service and hospitality of the staff. The rooms are very clean and the location at boatstation 3 for me is the nicest place to stay in Boracay. The Location is quiet and the best party areas are still in walking distance. A insider's tip is truly the cuisine at Divegurus, which is very tasty and good for a reasonable price.

When it comes to diving, I can say that this is the best and friendliest staff I ever dove with in the Philippines. The briefings are well done, the divemasters know where to find the best locations and from the beginning on, you feel like a member of a big family. If I would not be a certified diver already, I'm sure, this are the guys I want to start with.

All in all a top location and extremely recommendable... Thanks to Ga, Ditas and the whole staff at Divegurus. See you again soon...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends