“Great staff, clean room, and great diving!”

DiveGurus Boracay Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 226 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I had a great experience with DiveGurus starting from my first email to book the room all the way through checkout. The room was standard for a non-luxury resort. It was very clean and they provided all the amenities I needed. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful in every way. All smiles all the time! Started each morning with a delicious breakfast and a coffee or fresh fruit juice.

I primarily went to Boracay to dive, so this place was perfect for me. The dive instructors and dive masters were all extremely friendly and helpful - special thanks to Nanie, Chris and Jojo! I ended up doing 4 dives with my favorite one being Camia II. After each dive we came back to the resort and were provided coffee/tea which was a nice surprise.

I just can't say enough good things about my experience with DiveGurus.

Room Tip: I was on the bottom floor and it got a little noisy in the mornings. Perfect if you are getting up f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for DiveGurus Boracay Beach Resort

Reviewed 8 October 2013

DiveGurus isn't a themed resort or a luxury resort with chandeliers, but it is an excellent clean hotel with incredibly friendly staff and great service. My cousin and I had been warned by friends to be careful about everyone in Boracay trying to nickel-and-dime us to death, but we never got that impression from DiveGurus. We spent a couple of days after our open water classes in a higher-end themed resort, but walked back to DiveGurus to arrange our transport to the airport because we felt much more comfortable with DiveGurus and felt they would do good by us rather than arranging things with whomever would give the biggest kickback. The staff at our other hotel were perfectly professional, but we just liked the staff at DiveGurus better.

The location is a short enough walk from the main bustling nightlife centers, but far enough to keep the noise down. There's a low key beachside bar across the footpath from the hotel. My cousin and I had a second bed wheeled in. The room isn't the biggest, but it was big enough for the two of us, even with the extra bed in there.

We had breakfast brought out to us on the beach every morning. We had been warned by friends about other dive shops charging an arm and a leg for post-dive coffee, but it was free (of course, still always ask the price to be safe).

Jojo was a great dive instructor. Chris also seemed like a great friendly instructor, though we never actually dove with him. The staff greeted us with warm smiles every morning. We partied a little too late every night, and it was invaluable to roll out of bed and put in a breakfast order while one of us showered, then have breakfast brought out to us on the beach before having zero travel time to a top-notch dive shop.

If you're looking for a great hotel at a good price, and don't need a luxury hotel or any theme other than diving in paradise, I highly recommend DiveGurus. It knows what it is, and is excellent at being exactly that without pretending to be something it isn't.

Room Tip: As with any hotel, I'd recommend a room above the ground floor. We stayed one floor above the g...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our stay in Boracay was made very special by the accommodating, honest and friendly staff (and owner) of Dive Gurus. The room we had was very nice and clean and the amenities are more than adequate. Plus, they gave us an upgrade in our accommodation! Thank you Dive Gurus!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Everything you need under one roof with an amazing helpful staff that are there whenever you need them.
The food is also the best probably on the island, & if you need to to do activities or water sports you h have everything you need at beach port 3.

If you seek diving, they probably have the best dive masters & instructors as well.

I extended my stay from three days to two weeks.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was travelling to Boracay alone and I found the staff very helpful from the very beginning. Once I booked the accommodation, I email the hotel to ask about airport shuttle from Kalibo, they answered me immediately and arranged everything! I arrived late in the evening and even though the kitchen was closed they prepared a dish for me. I immediately felt like at home! My room was clean and fresh, AC and wifi signal were good, both in the room and common areas. The food was delicious and not specially expensive. Breakfast was included in the price and all 3 types you can choose from are good :) Filipino, Continental and American...they also serve the best fresh mango juice I've ever tried! If you are a diver, you will find very easy to arrange any dives as the dive center is onsite. They conduct 3-4 dives a day and you can join any of them in a short notice. Diving instructors are professional and they love their job :) In few words, I definitely recommend this place either if you are a diver or not...they make you feel at home! Thanks Ditas, Ga, Jojo, Nani, Raymond, AJ and all the rest of the staff for making my stay in Boracay wonderful :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mrubialesm
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was in Boracay for a few days and stayed elsewhere for lodging. But because I was recently PADI certified, I wanted to do a few underwater dives while there for experience, and I found DiveGurus on PADI.com's website.

Before arriving in Boracay, I was exchanging emails with one of the staff members, Ga, to ask about dive prices, rental gear, and dive locations. Ga was very helpful and responsive in communication, and this made dive planning with DiveGurus very easy and convenient.

When I arrived in Boracay, I went to DiveGurus that afternoon for my 1st dive. The staff there was very friendly and full of hospitality. While waiting, I was served complementary coffee on the house, and they helped me out with the rental gear. After dive preparation, I went with divemaster Raymond to the boat dock area to go to the dive site. Raymond is a well-trained dive master who was willing to give newly-certified dives good challenges for experience. On the 2nd dive, I've experienced drift diving, real-time scenario of using buddy's alternate regulator (due to low pressure), and manual inflation of BCD after ascent. Raymond logged this in my dive book to keep a record of the experience, and informed that the experience is good to have, especially if I go for advanced PADI certification. After the dives, they provide you with the use of fresh water sinks for your equipment and showers/change rooms. This place provides you with everything you need for your dives. If I return to Boracay and do additional scuba dives, I'll be sure to return to this place.

If you're looking for a reputable, professional dive resort in Boracay with helpful and friendly staff and can provide you with anything you need for your dives, look for DiveGurus!

Room Tip: I cannot rate the rooms as I did not stay there, and went there to do day dives. However, the staff...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NL246
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We found this hotel via Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. It is about 10 min ride away from the pier on a tricycle. It is more like a guesthouse, a bit in the back yard, but the main Dive Center is located on the main street on White beach. The rooms are clean and pleasant, especially since they were newly added to the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, and you can learn all about tours on the island and even book one offered in-house. We booked a private snorkeling tour, which i'd recommend over group tours. Overall it was a pleasant stay and a good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple