“Excellent place to stay and learn to dive”

DiveGurus Boracay Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 226 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This was my 5th trip to Boracay. Stayed here 3 nights with my family in the sturgeon room on 3rd floor. The room was spacious and clean with a comfortable bed and nice decoration. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. There are only 9 rooms so the service is very personalized. It was nice and quiet at night. Good breakfast. My scuba lessons were one on one which was good because I was a little nervous at first. My instructor Rainier was amazing - very professional but still fun and relaxed, and made sure I learned the skills correctly and gained confidence on the dives. He always went at my pace and made sure I was comfortable before going to the next step. All the staff are very knowledgeable and professional. The manager Mylene was very friendly and made sure all our needs were met. They even arranged to watch our 3 yr old while we went out on the dive. It was also my birthday and they delivered a really nice cake to our room! Everything was great and we'll definitely stay here again next time we're in boracay. Highly recommend this place :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DiveGurus B, Manager at DiveGurus Boracay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort in posting a review about your recent stay at DG Boracay Beach Resort. We appreciate the feedback and hope we get the opportunity to see you soon again at our resort!

Best regards,

Staff & Management of DG BBR

There are newer reviews for DiveGurus Boracay Beach Resort

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Staffs are friendly and helpful. Communication in English is not a problem. Good breakfast served, room is clean and the open balcony is the best the best spot to chill and enjoy the sea breeze and awesome view of the beach. Definitely value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sir,

Best regards,

Staff & Management of DG BBR

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had a great experience with Dive Gurus. Went on 7 dives over three days. Small groups every dive, and on one I was all alone, just me and the dive master. Team was very friendly and professional and experienced. They even arranged an early morning departure to go to Yapak 2 to catch the high tide. Overall I would definitely recommend this shop, especially if you are staying near Boat Station 3. Did not stay at hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had my Open Water Water and Advanced Open water certificates from this place. My instructor was Chris. The training was done one to one base. Everything was done properly and professional way. I hope I can get my rescue diver training from Chris as well.
We did wreck dive , plane dive, deep dive etc. Small note: the diving prices are less more the same in Boracay so don't waste your time for looking around. Dive Guru will sort your needs out.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2014

As a Boracay resident for 27 years I have seen my fair share of dive shops and seen leagues of instructors come and go but DiveGurus stands out as a top-notch operation. I completed my Advanced Open Water Certification with them a few days ago and had the time of my life. The instructor, Chris Harvey, was patient in addressing all my concerns and took the time to familiarize me with proper protocol as to make me feel completely safe and taken care of. I did a total of 8 dives in the span of a week and learned something new about my home ocean on each one. After dives, the friendly receptionists and generally jovial bar staff are lightning quick in handing you big thick towels and offering the complimentary coffee which really does make a huge difference in getting your core temperature up after all that time underwater. Plus, the location of the shop could not be any more convenient as the boat is parked not more than 15 meters away unlike other shops farther down the beach. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone looking for a truly personalized diving experience and myself look forward to diving with them more in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Staffs are helpful and friendly. Room was clean and tidy. Our room was being cleaned daily with towel changed. They welcomed us with a glass of very refreshing fresh fruit juice each, free titbits in our room and the FOC daily breakfast was surprisingly great too! Small beachfront hotel with 4 star service attitude at reasonable rate! I will definately go back for their diving course next time!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I did several dives with dive gurus with my boyfriend and we had an awsome time. Customer service is great and the dive instructors are very experienced and friendly. Our instructor was chris and he looked after us very well. The lady who owns the dive shop is also helpful and gave us lots of good advice on where to go in the phillipines. The bar girls Kim and Cynthia are very efficient and always just seem to know when you need a coffee or a beer ;) there are many choices for diving in borocay but this place is the place to go for diving.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple