“Great Location!”

Le Soleil de Boracay
Ranked #36 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Le Soleil de Boracay has a great location as a couple others at the beach. Friendly staff, cleanliness has made my stay perfect. A single negatif points was the transportation to the hotel, unfortunately it was not up to the hotel but 150 meters before so I had to carry my suitcase to the hotel itself from there. Otherwise, I was very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank gurcan
LSDB, Public Relations Manager at Le Soleil de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi! Thank you for your review. We're happy that you appreciated our location. We take pride in being at a great location in Boracay. We'll let our staff know what you think of them. As for the minor inconvenience that you experienced, next time, we'll have our staff help you. We have a trolley on standby for your luggage. We hope you visit us again. :)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We decided to celebrate my son’s 9th birthday in Boracay. We wanted a hotel that is beachfront, in Station 2, walking distance to D’Mall, with a swimming pool for my son, and with room service for my senior citizen mom.....and we found Le Soleil de Boracay.
Because it’s our first time in Boracay and we didn’t want any worries, we arranged airport transfers (for a fee) with the hotel... and it was worth it. We were welcomed by their very friendly people at the Caticlan airport, had a private airconditioned van to the jetty port, assisted in paying terminal fees (not included in hotel fee), escorted to the boat, met by other hotel personnel when we disembarked at Boracay, rode another private airconditioned van, then were assisted with our luggage as we walk to the hotel (hotel is beachfront and no vehicles are allowed near the beach). Extra expense: tips for the porters who carry luggage to and from the boat (P20 at least per luggage).

At the lobby, we were immediately given very refreshing drinks and necklaces made of tiny shells...very nice. We initially relaxed at the couches at the lobby then later decided to have lunch at their in-house restaurant located right at the lobby, overlooking the sandwalk that you cross to reach the beach. Price was reasonable, food and service were very good.

We were able to go to our room about 30 minutes earlier than actual check-in time. We booked the premiere room and it was excellent....very spacious, clean, with a balcony, and the pool just a few steps outside. We had 2 queensize beds, a big chair with cushion, and a lounging couch that looks like a small daybed. There was flat-screen cable TV, electric water kettle, sachets of 3-in-1 coffee and tea, free water bottles and a minibar in the fridge. The bathroom has a big cabinet with safety deposit box, big mirror, and adequately sized shower area, with hot/cold water. There were towels(bath and hand),free small shampoo, lotion, soap, toothbrush and tootpaste, rolls of bathroom paper and a box of facial tissue.

The pool has a kiddie area, a pool bar, several lounging chairs, and an area for poolside massage. The pool and our room were located at the inner hotel area so it entails a short walk to the lobby and beach. But we like it because it made the pool more private (unlike those of other hotels where the pool is in full view of people passing by in the sandy walkway) and protected us from the noise of night parties at the beach. In the pool and in our room, we got the quiet and privacy that we like.

Breakfast buffet was good....with ample selections. Different breads, cereals, congee, garlic rice, boiled egg, fresh fruits, coffee, milk, and juices are regulars. On different days, selections include pancakes or french toast, and any 4 or 5 proteins: bacon, corned beef, hotdog, sardines, fried bangus, chicken or pork adobo, and sometimes, there’s grilled tomatoes. You can request for tea, and eggs cooked in whatever way you like. Staff are very nice. The restaurant serves ala carte food the whole day till 10pm. There is also room service until 10 pm...and we took advantage of it daily. Dinnertime, there is all you can eat buffet that have ample selections, including pasta, and a lot of sea foods.

Just a few steps in front of the hotel lobby is the beach, which was across a narrow sandy walkway, beyond tables used for meals at the beach. The beach is partially covered from sight because of a bamboo fence that separates the sandy walkway (which could be rather busy) and the tables. This bamboo fence runs almost the entire length of the beach up to Station 1. You can borrow beach towels from a customer service desk at the lobby. (This is also the place where you can leave your luggage while you shop.) At the beach, there are loungers for the exclusive use of Le Soleil guests....and there is always a security person looking after you and your things. The beach of course is very nice.

The hotel is just a minute of leisurely walk away from D’Mall,which is a large group of stores and eating places that runs from the beach sandwalk all the way to the main road. Everything you need is here. (see separate review) We were able to buy all our needs and souvenir items just by walking around the area from our hotel. There is a tricycle terminal at the main road across the D’ Mall. Tricycles can take you anywhere. Fare is PHP 10 per person, or PHP 60 if you want it all to yourself. Public jeepneys also run on the main road.

In summary, this is a very good beachfront hotel in station 2, very near restaurants, shops, and D’Mall and walking distance to the main road. Service was very good, the staff are super nice.

Room Tip: Premier room is very spacious, quiet, and just a few steps from the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Simplicity2013
LSDB, Public Relations Manager at Le Soleil de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hi! We're glad that you chose to stay with us on your first trip to Boracay. It seemed that you really enjoyed your trip. We really do our best to serve our clients the best way possible, and we're happy that you appreciated it.
We're sure that other people will find your review very helpful.
Thank you and we hope to see you again at Le Soleil de Boracay.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've been to Boracay many times, starting back in 2008 but this trip was with my family and friends (a group of sixteen people) and my first time staying at "Le Soleil de Boracay". This hotel is right on white sand beach in station 2 and perfectly centered near shopping and the nightly entertainment. During our stay the hotel staff was friendly and responsive to request ranging from more bed linen, additional maid service or just a simple tourist questions. For couples with no kids I would suggest the Premier Room, during our stay the room and bathroom was large enough for two people. My only complaint was that I requested a king or queen size bed but on arrival they only had available for my wife and I a room with two full size beds pushed together which isn’t a problem if you have a mattress pad made to fits the gap between the two beds like in Europe (which they did not). My brother-in-law with wife and two small kids stayed in the Premier Deluxe Room - this room and bathroom are a little larger than the Premier Room I stayed in and it come with two queen size beds. Long story short he had no complaints and was very happy his room was facing the pool. The air conditioning work great for me and also for the other rooms during my family stay. I saw that some people complain about the Wi-Fi but where my room was located it worked just fine and my sister actually used Facebook messenger Internet phone to call the states and speak with family. I don’t really have any comments regarding the television since I don’t even remember testing to see if it even worked. The breakfast is averaged, basically lots of rice, eggs and ham but very similar to the type of breakfast I received a the times in Boracay and Manila. All in all I would definitely stay at Le Soleil de Boracay again….

Room Tip: Since I wasn't able to use Expedia or Orbits to make reservations in March 2014, myBoracayguide...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi! Thank you for your detailed review! We're happy that you found our location great and our staff friendly. We apologize for not accommodating your request regarding your bed. We'll make up to it the next time you visit. See you again at Le Soleil de Boracay!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stayed with our 1 year old daughter at Le Soleil for 4 days and we had a wonderful experience! I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews on trip advisor, but I think our vacation was during a great time of year. The Welcome drinks and necklace upon arrival was nice. The room size was large for our family and location (next to the pool) was perfect! I highly recommend staying in the Premier Deluxe room. The breakfast was good and you can't beat that it is included with the stay! The beach is right outside the hotel which my husband and daughter LOVED since they could just lounge and play in the water whenever they wanted. The hotel is near so many restaurants and shops that it was was easy to just find whatever we were looking for. On the last night of our stay, I did hear a little bit of the noise from the club close to the hotel (something I had read about on here), but I must say that it wasn't bad and my daughter didn't wake up because of it, so I didn't affect our feelings about our stay. I do agree that the pool could be updated, but other than that, I thought my overall experience at Le Soleil was excellent!

Room Tip: I would recommend the Premier Deluxe room as it was large for my family of 3 and the bathroom large...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank PRG9
LSDB, Public Relations Manager at Le Soleil de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Greetings! Seems like you really had a great time during your stay at Le Soleil de Boracay! We're happy to know that you found our location nice and convenient. We're actually in the process of renovating the place, so you can expect a better pool the next time you visit us. We hope to see you again soon. :)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My friends and I had a great time. It's centrally located near shops, restaurants and of its beachfront. The lobby and pool needs to get it update it really shows signs of aging. Rooms are small but clean and smells good, I had a sound sleep. You cant hear the noise from outside. Breakfast is just alright i think the food and beverage team should consider something about it however ala carte meals are delicious. Bad thing there is no signal in the room , better stay in the rooms near the pool. Overall it was a good stay in Station 2

• Stayed: May 2014
LSDB, Public Relations Manager at Le Soleil de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your review! It's nice to know that you enjoyed your stay at Le Soleil de Boracay! We hope you visit us again. :)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

If you are looking for a place to stay in station 2 Le soleil is the place to be. the last time we were here i booked for a de luxe room near the pool since i have 2 kids who love to stay a long time in the pool. Luckily upon arrival they upgraded our room into a very comfortable one Ambasadors suite..The food is just Ok, staffs are very accomodating. they have welcome drinks and shell necklaces that will serve as your souvenir.reservation staff in manila Mr. phillip also very accomodating.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
LSDB, Public Relations Manager at Le Soleil de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for this review! We're happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Le Soleil de Boracay. We hope you visit us again!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Le Soleil de Boracay- Here are the positive things: It is right on the beach in Station 2. You could not ask for a better location. The air conditioner worked perfect.

Here are the negatives:
The pictures on the web site are misleading. The room is run down and the bathroom is not big enough for two persons. We had 2 beds, a double and a single. You can't tell from the pictures what size your bed is. The beds were as hard as a rock. We had to ask for extra blankets as there was only a sheet and blanket on each one. The shower is very small and is difficult to take a shower in. There is not enough light in the bathroom above the sink. The room did not come with wash rags or hand towels. We had to ask for those. The TV was not flat screen but it worked ok and they had lots of channels. The WIFI never worked in our room even though we complained. We finally gave up. They advertise wifi in the rooms. We believe they cut the upstairs service off to save money. It worked fine downstairs in the lobby.
The cleaning service was good. The breakfast buffet was very poor. The food and drinks were cheap & limited in selection. They make you pay up front when you check in because if you stayed there one night, you would probably check out if you had not already paid. Would I stay there again, no way in the world....... But I love White Beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LSDB, Public Relations Manager at Le Soleil de Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hi! Thank you for staying at Le Soleil de Boracay! We are happy to tell you that our hotel will be undergoing renovations. We'll keep your comments in mind to improve our facilities, amenities, and services. We 'll be happy to have you again.