“Great Stay”

Ranked #50 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Novato, California
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at Patio Pacific Boracay Hotel this week and was pleasantly surprised on several fronts. Clean air con rooms, well kept grounds, friendly staff, good food at their café and nice swimming pool. They have a gym but I did not use it. A short walk to the beach, with shopping nearby what is there not to enjoy. In room massage is available. It is peak season, the hotel was full. I would recommend anyone wanting to stay in Boracay to try the Patio Pacific and consider signing up for the bus and breakfast package, a great deal. Perfect for rest and relaxation. I would return. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I would suggesting staying on the beach side of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aldo G
PatioPacificBoracay, Sales and Marketing Manager at Patio Pacific Boracay, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us here.
We look forward to your next visit! :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 4 days during the Labor Day weekend. The place was cozy and the staff were really friendly. It was a few minutes walk to the beach in Station 1 but it wasn't so bad considering it's privacy as compared to beach front locations. It was generally accessible to most establishments. The food in the buffet was good too. They pretty much have the basic such as typical Filipino breakfast, pancakes and French toast, salad, cereals, breads and omelette. It's a good way to load up since it took so Delong for food to be served on other places during the weekend. Having the pool and gym area were also good add-ons for those who do not want to bask too much in the beach. All in all it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chelsea B
Boracay, Philippines
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The room that we stayed had cockroaches. The toilet bowl was dirty. The manager was so terrible in customer relationship. Very inconsiderate and unreasonable! I will never again stay in this hotel. I already wrote the marketing manager in Makati and mentioned to her all my predicaments. I wrote to her at 1 PM hoping to resolve my situation immediately, but her reply was 8pm already with the notation that she will get back to me tom.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Ericgem
PatioPacificBoracay, Sales and Marketing Manager at Patio Pacific Boracay, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We would like to apologize for this.
Rest be assured that we are trying our best to maintain the cleanliness of the resort and its surroundings.

We are also sorry for the delayed email response. There are times that we have no means to check emails but we always reply as soon as possible even at night time.

Sorry and still, thank you!
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed 3night at Patio pacific, Delux room in west-wing side. All of the sevice including breakfast, room condition, concierge was satisfied. It only takes 3minute to the beach and near the swiming pool there is a place to wash off the sand and salty sea water. so comfortable! Even at the late night there is a guide at the gate from the beach, always feel safe at the resort.

Room Tip: the west-wing side room is more close to the beach and swiming pool. As the east-wing side is locate...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank luckyJina
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Cleanliness is this hotel's best asset and the secret behind its staying power. The 3-star hotel has been sitting here since its '80s Pink Patio days. Clean rooms means returning guests. While having breakfast, one can just observe and judge the way the hotel places value on "clean" over "pretty." Although the rooms are old, every nook and crease from the bathroom tiles to the bed linens to the walk ways is meticulously scrubbed if not renewed. Moreover, i like their beach music station in the room, their small but comfy beds, the amenities and the way the sun shines through the rooms.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adrianfrombkk
phil
Reviewed 28 March 2014

It would be unfair if I would rate this 2 out of 5 stars given that the hotel is equipped with nice gym (note that there are only few hotels in the area with a gym). However, giving this 4 out of 5 stars would be an overstatement so I would just stick with 3.

PROS:
-The hotel is equipped with a nice gym and pool. They even have a wall climbing facility so you won't end up using the one in D Mall.
-The room has a mini ref. Prefect to keep your foods and drinks cold. Who wouldn't want a hot water in a hot place, right?
-The welcome drink is a surprise.
-The foods are okay. What we don't like is they don't even change their menu.

CONS:
-The hotel is quite far from the beach. This is probably 3 min walk from the beach. What I like is its proximity from the D Mall. You still have to pass by small alleys to get to the beach.
-It seems that they don't want guests to use their pool. It's 5 feet high. The 3 feet high pool is just I think 2 meter by 2 meter in size.
-As mentioned above, they don't even change their breakfast menu.
-Quite pricey. The hotel is old and quite far. It would be better for you to spend your money elsewhere.
-Toiletries are incomplete. You still have to request. We booked a Premier Deluxe room with one extra person. When I checked the bathroom, I found only 1 toothbrush. I called the front desk to provide 2 more. I paid for the extra person so that toiletries and towels should be three.
-No complimentary water. For the price you pay, they can't even provide free bottles of water.
-I find their service okay. What I don't like is the attitude of one of the receptionists. In the reception area, there is a board showing the exchange rate. We asked how long before that exchange rate change. Do they change it daily or weekly because it seems to be the same for 3 days in a row. The receptionist did not seem to understand the question. She said that it is how much the dollar is compared to peso (which we know of already). She insisted with her answer and she even raised her voice explaining what is supposed to be common knowledge to all. I guess they have to train all of their staff well as to what a good customer service is. I am not saying this in general as all of them are really okay. I guess this would just be for one of their staff and I also think this would just be an isolated case.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank summerlove29
Singapore
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This is the fourth time I've been to Boracay, and I've stayed in Patio Pacific two times. That's how much I liked it. Our recent stay here was on March 2014 for 4D3N.

The last time I skipped this was in May 2013 when my husband wanted to try a new hotel in Diniwid. To be really honest, because that hotel was new, the room was very nice and clean. But we didn't like most of the other things (i.e. location, food, price, it's too quiet). So we opted to book Patio Pacific again for our stay this year.

In Patio Pacific, you generally get what you paid for and some additional perks. You get the usual room with a Queen and a Single bed (we're Filipinos so we didn't have problems with the bed, although Caucasians would find it small - which is normal to an asian hotel), usual breakfast (buffet but only 2 items/choices were changed everyday), usual Philippine wifi speed and the same Boracay friendly staff. Other 4 or 5 star hotels in Boracay normal cost more, and generally, the only difference is the room layout/design and location. Service, most of the time, is the same.

I personally feel it's unfair to compare this hotel with the likes of Shangri-la, Boracay Mandarin, Discovery Shores, Fridays which you pay at least S$300 a night and are all 5 star hotels/resorts, where Patio Pacific costs almost half of those rates and is only a 3 star hotel.

With that said, here are the things we really liked and didn't like:

1.) We loved the location of the hotel. The address sure says Station 1, because it is at the border of Station 1 and 2. Whichever is nearer, we didn't care, we think we're getting both worlds. It's a short walk to the Groto and the more finer sands of Station 1, and it's also a short walk to D'mall and the lively side of Station 2. It's a stone's throw away from the many restaurants and activity pick-up points. On the street side, a Jonah's milkshake place is nearby too. It is not 'beach front', but in a minute or two of walking, you'll get there.

2.) The staff are excellent. On a previous trip here, our airline cancelled our flight back to Manila. The staff, although not affiliated with the airline, helped us talk to the airline so we can be accommodated in another flight. Although it wasn't their problem, they extended their help to make our trip easier.

3.) The pool, the gym and the rock climbing area. Some Boracay hotels cost more but don't even have these, so finding a hotel with these amenities is good. And the pool is very inviting. After roaming around in the hot sun, it's very nice to dip in and stay cool. Suggestion: a kiddie pool would make it great (the kiddie pool section is very small).

4.) I personally don't like it that the hotel is divided by the main street. I don't like crossing roads in the Philippines because most drivers are wreckless. There are more rooms and facilities in the West Wing, so why not put your reception area there if you can't have 2?

5.) Being popular since the 80s as Pink Patio, we were always expecting that some facilities/furnishings/fixtures need updating. But in the rooms that we were assigned (west wing), it was maintained well. We did not experience a/c noises or toilet issues.

6.) Our room was near the restaurant. Sometimes in the morning, you can hear plates and utensils being used. It's okay to us since we are already awake at 6am (and it's like a reminder that the free breakfast is ready) but some may be irritated by it.

7.) The wifi, we had issues with. There are specific times that the wifi wasn't working. We also tried the wifi password to connect to the router near the pool, but it didn't connect.

8.) They take time to reply to emails. I had to email them twice to get a reply on promos and room rates. We ended up booking thru Agoda.

Sorry for the long review. For the value and location, I'd still book Patio Pacific, and would love to recommend to friends too.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple