PDKSP is a bar that has morphed from the original Paddles Up Cafe; a cafe set-up by some of the islands dragonboat team members. Located opposite the Immigration Centre, they have moved just next door in to a larger, purpose built premises.
What is great about Smoke PDKSP?
1. There's no smoking inside (mostly) and I'm a smoker!
2. It's spacious, clean and bright
3. The bar staff are fabulous and make a wonderful Iced Coffee
4. SMOKE joined forces with PDKSP, to offer all the delicious foods that they serve in their two cantina's, here as well (my favourite being the egg plant salad and the Chilli Chicken Rice Meal). Available Morning, Noon and Night
5. the Smoke staff are as great as the PDKSP staff
6. Rockeoke Nights with Joey & Alfie; yes, even for those who are completely tone-deaf, this is a delight. They have stacks of lyric books and if they know the chords and you know the song but it's not in the book, they'll still give it a go. Just pop your name on a bit of paper and leave it with them and you'll get called up to jam with them
7. It's a great place to meet the friendly locals and residents of the island; many from a paddle, kite and surf background
8. For the smokers, there are some nice seating spots outside
This has become more favourite hang-out on the island for great food, great atmosphere and wonderful evenings with friends, and yep, I'm often up there singing a few sets when I'm there (scratch that, I'm always up there).
So why was I reluctant to review this fabulous bar & restuarant; because it's only a matter of time before word gets out and it'll be hard to get a table or behind the Mic
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.