“I love Dave's Straw Hat Inn”

and 1 more site!
Dave's Straw Hat Inn
Ranked #12 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I really and truly can't say enough about Dave's. I would most definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends, and if I ever have the chance to return to Borocay, I will definitely be staying at Dave's. The staff was always super friendly and helpful and the rooms are very comfortable, clean, and pretty. Also, the meals offered (especially the mango pancakes and mango iced tea) were always fantastic!! All in all a great experience staying at Dave's. :)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThisDaisy
There are newer reviews for Dave's Straw Hat Inn

Reviewed 6 April 2011

We spent little time in the hotel, due to so many other things to do in Boracay, but the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.
The room was clean and good value, especailly when we compared it to other rates on the island. If you do not require luxury this is a great place to stay I would highly recomend it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank dessertdiver
Reviewed 2 April 2011

i went for a vacay in philis and while i was there i changed my plan and decided to go to boracay..so i've been reading about this hotel..so i just called them to book..and they actually told me its ok just come to our hotel tom and book it when u're already here..i was afraid i might not find a room or maybe its going to be a bit expensive..but actually..it was available and affordable too..they greeted me with a smile and an amazing mango ice tea..my room had everything i needed..included hot water and safety box..first thing in my to do list was to buy a sun block cause i forgot..but wait..it turns out they give u free use of variety of sunblocks cream and spray..it was a great touch of them..i was introduced to all of them..they had a cute dog..@ first i thought he will be noisy..but damn i was the noisest guy there..he was so quiet..i managed to meet so many people in bora..and that hotel was so friendly to them like if they were their guests too..i dont know i was so proud of them that i actually introduced them to my friends..all in all,, a GREAT experience..i felt like im stayin with my friends..and i cant wait to go back to dave straw hat..thank u for being as great as you u r...keep being like this and u'll always be the best hotel in asia..i recommeneded it to my friends..and they're going to be there soon..i know they will be thrilled..

Room Tip: book early and call to coordinate
2  Thank Rayoody88
Reviewed 27 March 2011

We stayed at Daves straw hat inn for 7 nights, weather was ok, but not a match on the friendly, personal service that we recieved, we loved Daves straw hat Inn and would wholeheartedly recommend this and first class accomodation to anyone, family's included looking to stay in a beautiful, fun, accessable location.
** we're missing you guys already, and thanks so much for returning our misplaced necklace, you went to huge trouble to e-mail us and return this to us in Manila.....thanks for your honestly, and the trouble....

See you all soon, love and best wished Austin & Alice Donaldson UK.....

2  Thank aiceaustin
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We really loved living at Dave's straw hat inn. It's perfect. Away from the noise, but just next to the beach and the bars anyways. The room was very good and clean- but the staff was even better. The stay maked our Boracay trip so much better.
If we come back we will ofcourse live at Dave's Straw Hat Inn.

Sincerely
Mikkel and Line, Denmark

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LineUtte
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Just came back from Boracay. Was a guest at Dave's. It was my first time on Boracay so I studied opinions at Trip Advisor. What is most important for me: this place is extremely clean, both the hotel and the rooms themselves. The crew takes care of it every single day. No dirt, no sand, no bugs. Their hospitality is unbeatable. And they do it with a real smile.
Hotel is a bit on the side but still close to the nightlife to enjoy it. Every morning ate breakfasts at Dave's - everything fresh, tasty and portion were huge.
I really enjoyed my stay and will come back again.
P.S. Janet You have perfect team! Take care of it!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2011

My partner and I spent four nights at Dave's, and it was wonderful. Due to an inefficient travel agent who failed to organise a transfer from a previous hotel to Dave's, the staff at Dave's organised a pickup at a blink of an eye. They had a staff member pick us up from Station 1 through horrible rain, carry our luggage on his head and delivered us safely at Dave's where we were greeted with hot tea, towels and the most amazing mango ice-tea shake and a swift checkin to match.

Dave's isnt five-star accommodation: the rooms are simple and small, the sheets arent 1000-thread count, the tv is old school and if i could suggest - a bright bedside lamp would've come useful for reading - but that's as far as the negatives go. The hospitality and 24-hour assistance with beaming siles made up for what its lacking. More importantly, it is super clean, safe and you have everything that makes your stay comfortable and relaxing.

I can't praise the staff at Dave's enough, although the entire country is known for its ultimate hospitality and you get that round the clock at this place especially. It was our 1 year anniversary, and they booked a restaurant for us for dinner without us having to organise it. The staff even surprised us with the most decadent chocolate cake specially made with 'Happy Anniversary Mark and Pauline' written on it. No request was ever a problem for them, and they just made our stay so wonderful that we will definitely be going back soon.

A massive thank you and salamat to Jenny, Janet, 'Daddy' Jimmy and all the staff at Dave's and of course Freckles the Labrador. We will come back VERY soon i guarantee it!

1  Thank paulina82