“Great Place!”

and 1 more site!
Dave's Straw Hat Inn
Ranked #12 of 148 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Dave's Straw Hat Inn was everything we had expected it to be after reading the reviews online. We had a cozy room and the scenery added to the feel of an island vacation. The staff was very friendly, but they respected privacy and weren't overbearing. There are several nice guest features at Dave's Straw Hat Inn; there is a sun tan lotion station where you can borrow sun tan lotion while on your trip, a great collection of books to check out, and we were able to borrow pairs of goggles for our time on the beach (among other items: soccer balls, paddle ball, etc.). It was very helpful that they booked transportation for us from the airport and back (otherwise the hotel would have been quite difficult to find). The staff also booked for us an island hopping trip at a discounted price (most of the water sports and beach activities have discounted prices if you ask the front desk to book them for you.). All in all, it is a great place to spend your trip to Boracay.

Room Tip: We traveled in June and got an air conditioned room for a slightly higher price. We rarely turned t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 June 2014

very nice place, not easy to find, but quite, beatiful and tidy place. I was in my wedding vacation during the holiday. I did not ask for any special service and did not really seriously mention that as I have had a wedding ceremony in another hotel. However, the staff still give me a very big surprise when I arrived, a very nice and tasty cake. It's very warm. And, later, I found they've been always so kind and helpful and patient, and their other food is also delicious and with reasonable price. Many many thanks.

The inn is more like a garden. Rooms are quiet and tidy though the facility is very simple but it's enough. You cannot expect the facilities are like resort or hotel. In addition, although it is not easy to find, it's still close to Station 3 beach. Enjoy the sunset during your stay! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is great, it's far from the action, but close to Angol -5 min walk (station 3). The staff is friendly, the food is good (spaghetti with garlic and pancakes are really good !) and the room is comfortable. I recommend this place :)

Room Tip: -Ask for a quiet room if you're a light sleeper. -If you like to watch tv in the evening, be s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was a walk-in traveler with no prior bookings. I stayed here for 5 nights on May 2014

I was attracted to the place because of the atmosphere. the place has character. I entered the premises and the service I got was immediately quite warm and friendly. And then I found out that the rates were very reasonable.

I have to say that the staff were amazing. They were kind, friendly, very understanding and accommodating, and were quite knowledgeable. It was nice conversing and joking with them. I really appreciated the Inn. When a cheaper room came up in another resort nearby on the beachfront, I decided against leaving the Inn because I liked where I was already.

The place around the area needs some lighting, but it is safe and there aren't any dogs or wild animals loitering the area. At times when I get back there at 3:30am, there would be somebody who would be at the receiving area, so I never felt unsafe or neglected. The place is cozy and one can just enjoy the many books in the receiving area of the Inn while waiting for companions or just waiting for the hot noonday sun to dip low. There are board games and some other things I never got to play with too.

The place is far from the action of Station 2 (where the popular bars and party places are). It takes me more than 30mins to walk to D'Mall or, alternatively, less than 10mins by trike. That is one of the considerations for my rating. However, if you don't mind that, then it's fine. The Inn itself is a one-minute walk from the beachfront (it isn't located on the beachfront; you have to take an alleyway to reach the beach). It is near the more undeveloped part of Boracay with a few quaint little places with a lot of character (I'll be exploring those places next time I'm there). The beach fronting the alley entrance is well taken care off and the sand is just as powdery as in others (as much less pebbly than in other beachfronts as well).

I stayed in the single occupancy fan room. There was no window at all, although one could keep the door open since there is an outer screen door to keep insects from coming in. Average lighting. Relatively clean toilet - all within expectation for the price. Clean towels and beddings each day. Was satisfied with the bed as well, but I'm not so selective about that. Internet was so much better than I expected and were comparably better than more expensive hotels in the area. In fact, the WIFI was so much better than a couple of 5-star resorts in Station 1 where my friends were staying.

I would come back here again when given the opportunity especially if I want to explore the rest of Station 3.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PM D
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights with my girlfriend in May 2014 and can highly recommend it.

Dave's was very cosy and secure with a beach cottage feel and friendly staff to look after us. This was exactly what we were looking for in Boracay, with an eye on the independent and cash savvy traveller.
We liked the location, despite seeming to be a little out of the way in station 3, it was great to escape the crowds over in stations 1 and 2. I also have to say that station 3 still manages to capture a little spirit of the old Boracay and there are no shortage of good restaurants and massages available around the area.

1  Thank Jabsy123
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Treating guests like a family is the perfect experience we had at Dave's straw hat inn.
My husband and I had a great time exploring Boracay. It feels like home when you go back to the hat from a very long tiring walk and then you see the staff welcoming you with great smiles again and again. Everyday their rooms are perfect, you leave it messy and when you go back it's clean again, linens are new and comfort room smells fresh. It feels like you are living in a 5 star hotel.
Staffs are honest, we always leave our phones and wallets and other important things but it will always stay in the place where you left it.
I will surely recommend Dave's Straw to my relatives, friends and family, and when We come back to boracay we will surely come back to Dave's straw hat.
THANK YOU SO MUCH DAVE'S STRAW HAT STAFFS.
'til we meet again.

1  Thank Ep-epCUBILLAS
Reviewed 16 May 2014

At first I could not understand how a simple, backpacker-style guesthouse could receive such good reviews, but after staying at Dave's Straw Hat I could see why.
Like everyone else says, the staff there are really nice and professional and gave us personal treatment. We even got a discount on accommodation and were upgraded to a deluxe room for free!!
Our deluxe, A/C room was just great - everything just worked well, including plumbing and water pressure. The fridge is a real treat as well.
On the minus side, Wifi connection was so-and-so (as in all the Philippines... ) and location was a little weird as well - hidden away in an alley and hard to find, although only 3 mins from the beach.
All in all, amazing value for money and very recommended stay in Boracay.