“Definitely Recommended”

and 1 more site!
Dave's Straw Hat Inn
Ranked #12 of 148 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 24 January 2007

I definitely recommend Dave's Straw Hat Inn!! All of the staff are extremely nice and helpful - THANKS Jenny, Janice, Jeff and the rest of the J's!!! Dave himself is also around to lend great advice...

The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and quiet (No loud music, no vendors, no roosters!!)

The staff do there best to accommodate you in every way they can. They helped me change our departure flight and book hotel in Manila.

That said, I wouldn't think twice about where to stay the next time I visit Boracay - It would definitely be Dave's Straw Hat Inn!!

Thanks again guys....
Rob and Sarah

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with friends
5  Thank Rob_from_Toronto

Reviewed 20 January 2007

From the moment we walked into "Daves Straw Hat" we felt at home. When we arrived the staff greated us with smiles and delicious mango shakes. We had been travelling around the Philippines and Daves was by far the BEST place on our travels. We had e-mailed several hotels in the Philippines, the best response , most efficient and resourcful was from Janet at Daves Straw Hat.
The rooms are very clean with nice little touches. All non-
smoking rooms make them that much fresher. Beautiful grounds in the day , lights around the trees and candles lit on every deck at night . They also have a nice private little room with internet access and a lovely view. Our daughter will always remember ordering French toast for breakfast and having it delivered to our deck by one of the staff members always with a smile.
We can't say enough nice things about the staff and the owners. So helpful, cheerful, caring, accommadating and always willing to lend a hand. Dave himself helped with accomadations for our last night in Manila.
We are going to miss our little family at "Daves Straw Hat".
John, Jennifer and Chelsea.
Vancouver, Canada.

Stayed: January 2007
9  Thank jennifer40
Reviewed 8 January 2007

I looked around for a place to stay in Boracay for quite a while, before I actually went there. I am not a party animal, and hate trying to sleep over loud, thumping music, but still like to be able to enjoy night life within walking distance of my room. I wanted a place with a really clean room, a fridge, cable TV, no bugs, and a fully functional, large bathroom. I desired staff that was friendly because they felt like it, and could point me in the right direction to any activity on the island. Also, I wanted to be able to eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the resort, and really enjoy it. I must tell you, Dave's Straw Hat really delivers all that, and more. At night, they light a mosquito coil on the pathway if front of every room, so you can enjoy a nice bug-free evening on your private patio. There are so many fantastic personal touches like that, it's impossible to list them all. There is no swimming pool, but look at the picture I posted, which is right in front of their place. A short walk of a few meters gets you to this amazing beach, so who needs a pool? They don't have a lot of rooms, and the price is incredibly low, so it's advisable to book well in advance of your trip. I found it easy to communicate with them directly via e-mail and yahoo chat. Just google their website. Also, I recommend that you have them send a staff member to Caticlan airport, or wherever you arrive, to meet you. They only charge for the actual boat fare (cheap!), and this makes it really hassle-free. Upon arriving at Dave's, be prepared to be greeted with big smiles from all the staff. You can tell they like working there, which is a rarity in the Philiipines. You'll probably soon meet the owners, who live there. They are warm, friendly, and are genuinely concerned that the stay meets with your approval. Day or night, I was never lacking for any bit of service, and was never told "NO", for any request. I will go back to Boracay as soon as I can, and will never stay anywhere else. Thanks to them, my stay was much better than it would have been without their help. Oh, one more thing.....after breakfast, save a piece of bacon for Freckles the dog. He's a great pooch!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
24  Thank LARonster
Reviewed 8 January 2007

Our stay at Dave's Straw Hat was more than we could have asked for. We got stranded on Caticlan and Janet was kind enough to help us find a hotel there during the typhoon. Once we got to Bora, we found the hotel to be more than we could have ever expected. The rooms were VERY clean and well kept. The staff were more than courteous. I had gotten sick with the amoeba and they were more than anxious to help get me the medicine that I needed while I was bedridden. All in all, I don't believe a stay at any other hotel could have given us such a great experience. Will be staying at Dave's again in the future!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with friends
6  Thank Rasengan
Reviewed 9 December 2006

What can I say other than the stay with them was amazing. If you are looking for a nice family oriented place to stay with everything you need to enjoy Boracay and still be able to stay in touch with home this is the place. The owners and the staff were all so friendly and hospitable. I got in a motorbike accident while staying there and the owner, Janet, cleaned up my wounds (even though I whined like a baby ~80)) and was my in house "nurse/mom" for a week. It is nice and quiet at boat station 3 and I always slept like a log. They always have hot water and the place is cleaned spotless daily. New sheets every 2 days. If you don't feel like going out to eat they have great food right at the inn and you eat it right on the porch. The plants all around the property are so beautiful and give it a very tropical secluded feel. Try to book the "bird's nest" if possible. It gives you an added sense of seclusion if that is what you are looking for. The beach in front of the place is usually empty and the corner store has almost everything you need grocery/toiletry wise. Dave even let me rent a cell phone for a while so I could contact people I met while on the island. No need to look any further. Yes you can stay at a $20 (1000 piso) a night place, but you won't get the same service and hospitality. Thanks again Dave, Janet and all the staff. I will be back as soon as I can!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
4  Thank drmngofparidyse
Reviewed 9 December 2006

My wife and I recently stayed at Dave's for twelve nights. We wish it could have been 1200 nights. Everything we had read about them was true without exception. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Janet and Jenny arranged all of our activities and even packed us a nice lunch to take with us for a boat tour. You can't beat their prices - more than reasonable! And it's QUIET there at night! The inn is arranged such that you have a feeling of being in a tropical garden -- it's just very nice. Dave, Janet and Jenny even arranged our stays at hotels away from Boracay (Iloilo City and Manila). They have connections and experience with other properties and that saved us a fortune and it was much better than traveling "blind" into places we had never been. They followed up with us to make sure that we arrived safely too -- I don't know of any other place that would do all of that for you. The bottom like is they CARE about you, the customer!

The room was very comfortable and modern with all the modern stuff like cable TV, phone, free wifi (which is a big plus for us) and a nice fridge that they stock for a VERY reasonable charge. Hot and cold water - nice shower, air conditioning, safe deposit box in the room - very secure.

You feel safe and secure at Dave's and that's what it's all about. You don't have to worry about anything while your stuff is there - they take such good care of you!! I miss them already!! What's not to like about a place that's more than lived up to it's outstanding reputation?

I could go on and on about Dave's but you get the picture. I can't wait to get back there in two years!!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
8  Thank martwain
Reviewed 5 December 2006

The Inn had it wired such that from the moment you stepped out of security with your baggage you carried nothing, never had to reach into your pocket to tip, etc., until you settled your very reasonable bill (tipping is up to you) and reluctantly left. The same until you got back to the airport. Pre-paid, hassel free.

The Inn is a minute walk from pristine beaches. There were several excellent food places full of singing, happy staff who would serve you on while lying in the sand. The beach "bars" were mostly made of bamboo, colorful, and hip. You could listen to soft guitar, house, or techno. Places closed around 3/4 AM.

You felt safe on the walk home and there were 24/7 food places.

The beach was both family and single person oriented (as was the Inn). Everyone smiled, was helpful, and appeared content. The people that work on the island sometimes returned after vacations and were, in essence, "living where they wanted to vacation."

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family