“Great Place To Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Stockton, CA
“Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2007

For background, I stayed at three other resorts during my 21 day stay in PI - Shangri-La Manila, CocoGrove Siquijor and Friday's Boracay. I was impressed with all the reviews so I decided to book three rooms for three days - four adults two kids. Three words describes Dave's - Service, Sevice and Service. What it lacks in not being beachfront or in size, it easily makes up for in service. Jenny was extremely helpful in setting up tours and all the tour companies they use were reputable and delivered what they promised. The ATV tour, and All day Island hopping tours are must do's. The ATV tour is a great way to get up to MT Lohu and the incredible views of the Island. The All day Island hopping tour is a great way to see the other main attractions - caves, crocodile island, puka beach among other attractions. Just an example of the great service - My wife loves SPA treatments so Jenny booked the Princess Treatment for her at Mandala Spa ($200USD). Since it is a little confusion getting there from Dave's, Jenny had a staffer escort my wife to the SPA and also called the SPA after the treatment was completed so she could escort my wife back to Dave's. I would definitely recomend Dave's. A worthwhile note just so your fully informed is that you do have to walk through some local houses and other smaller resorts to get to Dave's location. The first impression might leave you with some doubts, but the staff at Dave's quickly put's you at ease with welcome drinks and genuine smiles and greetings. Best lodging value period!

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank tennis_ace_2005

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2007

After reading all the reviews about places to stay on Boracay, my partner and I decided on Dave's.
We couldn't have made a better choice.
While they will meet you at the Caticlan airport, the jetty port, or the Boat Station #3 access road, we ventured forth on our own and arrived at the resort around 1 pm. We were immediately greeted and made to feel welcome! (and also got a welcome drink - I wasn't sure what it was at that point, but it was cold and very tasty.) I found out the next day that it was Mango Ice Tea (and I don't like Ice Tea!) but I've learned to like Mango Ice Tea.
The room was great (#5) and was just fine for two of us.
They have beach towels for rent for 30-35p per day.
The food at Dave's was pretty good too. Yes. the service is a bit slow, but I'm sure the kitchen's not all that big... and besides.... you're on vacation - who really cares how long the food takes (unless your late for your plane).
The day we were leaving, I told my partner that I could have stayed here for the entire 9 days I was in the Philippines (except for the days that we were at his house and his parents house).
I look forward to returning to Dave's Straw Hat Inn in the future.

Stayed June 2007
4 Thank dmills1956
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2007

staff are so friendly and accomodating. Rooms are clean and spacious and the whole resort has a cozy and family friendly atmosphere.
Thank you for the good time we had.

Stayed June 2007
3 Thank FrankieNova
Laguna Hills, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2007

A cozy hideaway just a short walk from the beach. A very friendly and accomodating staff. The manager, Joanne, met us at the airport and guided us to the hotel via boat, motorcycle/sidecar, pedicab, and finally by foot up the path to the hotel. The hotel is only a few years old and the grounds are neat and clean. The rooms are small, without much room to spread out your stuff or hang your wet things, but we managed just fine. It was hot in June so the A/C was a life-saver. They have an air conditioned internet room also. Boracay has mosquitos so we tried to keep the screen door shut, but we still got a few bites each. I would go back in a heartbeat, only during a cooler time of year.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Long wait for meals
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank Oldguy_in_OC
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2007

Stayed at Daves Straw Hat Inn for 18 nights in May I wish it could have been longer Janet and her staff were so nice, and the room was always so clean. The Hotel staff did everthing to make my stay unforgetable.

Dan

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DanHonolulu
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2007

I read so many good reviews about this Inn, so I decided to bet on it.
Well, I can say now that I stayed with my family while in Boracay, and by family I mean my wife and the staff of the Inn.
It is a mix of family atmosphere and professionalism that is tough to beat anywhere in the world, and I've been in many places through out the world.
Save one more hassle in you trip, just book with them and worry about other things. However book as earlier as you can. The secret is out and they are always solid booked.
Do not be fool by the "not at the beach" gimmick. It is such a short walk that looks like one step when you see what I mean by family atmosphere and professional work..
And Janet, think of a mix of best friend and concierge. She will bend over backwards to make your stay as perfect as possible, and all the staff is not far from her.
I even joke with her, I asked for restaurant suggestions every evening, and she will come up .with one everyday. So, by the third day I said: "you are 3 and 0, so you got to keep the streak going", well she did not disappointed me and kept the streak intact to the end.
They are good in any aspect, when I booked I emailed Janet, well it felt like she was next door, not on the other side of the planet. She will respond you as fast as one can ask for..

So, If you go to Boracay you must stay at the Inn, period.

• Liked — Staff and rooms
  • Disliked — I can't find anything
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ZZZLPR
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2007

The room was just what I needed and the staff there is # 1 Hope to get back next year and Daves will be where I stay.

Stayed May 2007