Red Coconut Beach Hotel
Coast(Boracay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscoco barno liftperfect locationchanged dailybuffet breakfasthotel guestslarge balconythe ground floorsmall poolrestaurant staffd mallnight lifefew stepsfamily roomwelcome drinkcaticlan airportboracay island
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I stayed at Red Coconut Beach Hotel for one night in May with my friend. On Agoda.com, where we booked the room, the hotel stated free wifi. However, it was not free in the rooms, only outside in the lobby or near the pool. It did not even work in the bar or restaurant. A major drawback. We moved after one night to their sister hotel, Red Coconut Garden View and had a much nicer experience, although the rooms are more like those in a guest house. But we were able to use the facilities (free beach loungers) of the Red Coconut Beach Hotel.
I say skip the Beach Hotel and stay at the Garden View.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank dannypickett
cocomanager, General Manager at Red Coconut Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

I would like to thank Danny for his candor however, had management known about the problem with the internet while the guest was still here, we would have satisfied this guest in a timely fashion. Danny's family was all wonderful, especially Gina and her sister. Seems all had a wonderful time with us and we already spoke about the family returning in February.

It is truly unfortunate for Danny to use this avenue to complain and not give us a chance to satisfy our valued guest. Nonetheless, we have notified our partner agent, Agoda, and they have since removed the "free WiFi" from our page. It should be noted however that we DO offer free WiFi in all our common areas and also a premium in room service for a reasonable fee. Granted, operating a hotel on a relatively small island sometimes we find consistent service from our internet supplier is lacking or a bit slow. We checked our WiFi and it seems to be running well now.

Thank you Danny for joining us and we do hope you'll come back with your family in February to give us another chance at what we are known for..."Customer Satisfaction."

Reviewed 23 June 2011

Boracay Beach General Overview: Red Coconut Hotel

Boracay is interesting since it is the reverse of Phuket here life is the beach. In front of the hotel they have beach chairs out on the beach by day and at night the beach becomes an extended dinning room. P.I. is in an El Nino generated drought in March of 2010, so the weather was excellent, for those midnight strolls on the beach under a full moon where one passes live bands every 300 meters or so.

The beach use is well organized by Boat Stations based on the period of day to allow all to use the beach with plenty of tourist police to make sure schedule stays in place. At night the boat boys sit in groups on the beach socializing sitting in circles sharing drinks not bothering anyone.

I was on the beach at Red Coconut Resort between stations 1 and 2. Close to the shopping mall and away enough from the band areas for a quiet evening. They have a fresh water pool great for a dip before returning to your room. Their breakfast service was first rate and there is a nice bar right along the beach walk and great for people watching. I have attached some pictures. The staff there is friendly accommodating and well organized. Current info and rates see their website: http://redcoconutboracay.com

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SeafaringGourmet
Reviewed 18 June 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Red Coconut for 5 nights. The first night was a little noisy, I thought it was the music coming from the bar down the front but discovered the next night that it was the bar next door!!

The room was a standard room but it was on the third floor, had a view of the ocean and pool and was spotless. The staff are extremely friendly and nothing was a problem to them. The restaraunt was exceptional and you could get anything there that you wanted and the prices were comparible with restaurants outside. The breakfast menu was a bit lean but there was enough food there to fill everyone, just not a lot of choice.

We did not swim in the pool as the beach was only 50 meters away and there was not a problem getting a deck chair and clean towell provided by the hotel.

All in all our stay was wonderful but just remember - you get what you pay for.

Our timing weather wise was not all that good as a typhoon arrived the day after we did! See my review on the island itself.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Austravellers2009
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed here for 7 days and had a great time. The better rooms are on the 4th floor, which is where we stayed, however, there is no elevator! So, while the view was great, the balcony was great to have your morning coffee on, the late night trek climbing those stairs after too many libations was a crawl at times haha! The food was good, the bar was also very enjoyable, the pool is small with too many noisy kids for my taste. The lounge chairs at the beach directly in front were never a problem to sit on, and the staff were very helpful. I would definately stay there again, but maybe not on the 4th floor.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christopherdb
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice. I love the location!! It's centrally located with plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. It's right in the middle of everything! The beach is beautiful and the hotel serves drinks/food right down on the beach. This is my favorite spot on the beach (white sand, clean water, gorgeous....It's Boracay!). The hotel itself is OK. The pool is small and you can't lay by it. The beach is where you want to be anyhow (especially since it is just steps away). The rooms are clean and we had a balcony. I had no problems sleeping through the night. Even though we were in the middle of all of the action, we were far enough removed that we weren't kept up by loud and rowdy partiers. The hotel has a great bar and restaurant with a wide variety of food on the menu. The breakfast is good too. The buffet has loads of different foods every morning. I cannot complain about the food. The bartenders and servers are wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends