“Very pleasant stay”

Red Coconut Beach Hotel
Ranked #27 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel gives you a 5 star accommodation with a lesser money to spend. Got the deluxe beachfront room and the view was awesome. Daily buffet breakfast would give you enough food orgasm even you forget about lunch. People are courteous and very accommodating. Ou got welcome drinks nd 10% off on all food and beverages while staying at the hotel. They also got happy hour for night booze and it will surely heat the night up.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank FranzPH

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed for 5 nights 16-20th June 2012 against advice on rainy weathers but to our surprise we encounter scattered shower lasting short spells then no more rain.
The hotel is in a good location between station 1 & 2, clean & staff are helpful. Room are of reasonable size, comes with bulky TV, shower cubicle (no long bath), but no view from the window. The premium rooms with views are those with pool view or ground units which cost at least double and also note that there are no elevators. Didn't like the food the first day we tried so cannot commend on that but as there are plentiful of restaurant outside that's not an issue. D'mall (shooping arcade) is just 2 doors away & don't expect big shopping complex, it's just 3 rolls of shops with restaurants, shops & a supermarket.
The beach have moderate waves thats not good for swimming but otherwise good for playing around. Water is gorgeous, clean and the sand soft. Because of the waves there are some Kite boarding & Yacht activities but boating, scuba, snorking, island hopping is on the side of the island where the water is calm.
There's always big tour groups of Korean & Taiwanese tourist around so Asian travellers won't feel out of place. Generally food standards are reasonable and because June is low season, it's more of a relaxed feeling I think. Not to miss is the water activites like island hopping, para-sailing, helmet diving, snorking etc. Tips for island hopping - it cost (June) 700 peso per head but if u chartered a boat which can take up to 6 pax, it cost 1500- 2000peso after negotiation and u get a speed boat, para- sailing is good at 1500 peso and helmet diving 600 peso.
On the whole it's a pleasant place, but for those who have not been to Boracay you will find the roads, footpaths from main road to the hotels/beach very clammy.

Room Tip: Try the 'Paradiso' Grill & spanish food in D'mall. 4-8pm is happy hour at the hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My partner and I stayed for two nights as part of our 7 night stay in Boracay. I booked Red Coconut as we wanted to be close to all the action and night life during the first few nights of our stay, and this certainly did not disappoint. Its a few steps away from D'Mall and in the middle of Station 2. Being beachfront, and having its own sun decks was also a bonus. The rooms were clean and bigger than the usual standard rooms. The accommodation suits family, solo or friends travelling together, not couples as its not overly romantic. Also elderly travellers or families with young children should request for rooms on the lower or ground floor as they do not have elevators.

Room Tip: elderly travellers or families with young children should request for rooms on the lower or ground f...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mzmelburn
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I don't know what's wrong with me but I've always crossed Red Coconut off my list whenever I'm trying to find a place to stay in Boracay -- for no apparent reason. Finally, I was somehow "forced" to try it because all the other hotels I was asking the travel agency to book were full. But I was in for a pleasant surprise because I actually loved it there!

The hotel is right on the beachfront and is just a few steps away from D'Mall for your convenience. Checking in and out were both a breeze; the front desk staff were very efficient. Actually, I can say the same for the rest of their staff in general.

Our room was huge. Never mind the kitschy wall decor because we had lots of space: two queen-sized beds, a couch, flatscreen TV, a closet and a safe. We also had a porch outside our door. The room was clean and the air conditioning unit functioned well.

There's a pool, a restaurant, a coffee shop, and a bar. The food, though, was just okay; no big deal, though.

There are some sunbeds available along the beach, perfect for sun worshipers like me. Beach towels, along with some flotation devices are available on hand. I also liked that there was a security guard on watch. He dutifully looked over us hotel guests and I believe even kept an eye over our belongings. He was likewise quick to shoo away pesky hawkers, much to my delight.

Even if the place has been around for years, I'm glad I got to try it. I would most likely book this hotel again in one of my future trips to Boracay. (You can see how big our room was and a few more photos in my blog post: http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/2012/06/red-coconut-beach-hotel-surprisingly-i.html)

Room Tip: Book a corner room, if possible, where there's less disturbance.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank halfwhiteboy
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. It was just amazing. The room had floor to ceiling windows that looked out into the beach, just amazing. The room was clean and peaceful. The food at the restaurant was great, especially liked the fresh grilled seafood at night. It does get loud here at night, so be prepared. We took an afternoon nap and weren't bothered by the music till 2am.
Service was great, at the hotel, at the restaurant, at the coffee shop, on the beach. We really enjoyed our stay.
We took the shuttle/ferry service back to Caticlan airport, which was fast and efficient.

I want to stay here again!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beckerzann1605
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stayed here for a week with my wife. Have the beach view suite on the top floor. Great room plenty of space, excellent balcony, very clean and just right for a holiday. Got a great rate via My Boracay site so very happy. Right in the heart of all the action so plenty of options for a pre dinner drink at many bars then any number of places to eat and everything very close. Would recommend the Red Coconut to anyone wanting to stay at a very comfortable, friendly hotel close to everything and at a reasonable price. If you wanted tomstaynat the hotel and not go anywhere it has the pool, the beach, a top bar, good food and a very good coffee shop so everything is covered.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garry D
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed at red coconut with my cousins and the room and service are just great...clean room, towels and linens...we would come back here again...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family