“Beautiful surroundings, very friendly staff- efficient service.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mandala Spa & Resort Villas

Mandala Spa & Resort Villas
Ranked #21 of 149 Hotels in Boracay
Oslo, Norway
“Beautiful surroundings, very friendly staff- efficient service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Very nice resort. Friendly staff.
Wish we had better view and easier access to the beach. Apart from that a lovely place to stay in a busy area like Boracay.
The spa was very clean and nice, and the service was fast and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Stian_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

There's just something about this place that makes you want to whisper… - something that I've always thought and felt whenever I stay at Mandala. An invigorating sense of calm, peace and harmony is what I immediately surrender to upon entering this lush haven. I am happy to have seen improvements since my last stay and thrilled to know that there will be even more in the near future

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Boracay, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

When I first came to Mandala Spa, I was so impressed by the lush and tranquil environment.
The energy of the place was very positive. My wife and I were greeted by the friendly receptionist who was very attentive. Everybody we met there was very courteous, all I can say is WOW!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BoracayChiropractor
Mandalas, Manager at Mandala Spa & Resort Villas, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Hello BoracayChiropractor,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review, we are thankful for the kinds words and we shall relay this to the rest of the team. :)

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

The first impression of mandala spa as the tricycle enters the main gates is spectacular ..just as imagined or maybe more. Then we check into our villa which is pure tranquility .the staff is extremely polite and friendly but the service is bad! The reception answers ur call one in 10 times !! My friend and I enrolled for the 1 day detox course...and were abandoned by the caretaker (apparently the only person in charge of all detoxers) even though the first drink they have made me all queezy and tremendously uneasy (which is normal apparently) but still there was no one to take care or even return a call!! There are so many other little things like not bringing a cup with the tea to the room etc etc. overall a disappointment which is luckily forgotten the minute you see the color of the gorgeous water in boracay !

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Stutimodi
We sincerely apologize for falling short of expectations, and we have taken measures to correct the issue of the phone not being answered on time. We did not mean to make you feel abandoned, we have realized that the lack of easy access to your detox guide was caused by a communication error in our internal phone systems and this issue has been resolved.

We thank you very much for bringing this to our attention, we value your input as this helps in our continued efforts to strive for service excellence.

MALAYSIA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

We tried the Hilot massage. From the moment we reserved til the end of the treatment, the whole experience has been satisfactory, except that the lobby flooring is made from bamboo sticks,my partner had been trying to put on her necklace and accidentally, the pendant slipped from her fingers ang whaddaya know-it fell into the ground thru the bamboo, upon approaching the receptionist, she came and have a look, then gave us the expected,yet dissapointed reply "I'm afraid the answer is NO"! Well, the gold will be flickering foen there for years to come, I was just hoping if 1day the management will reconstruct the building...wishful thinking!

• Stayed January 2013
      Cleanliness
Mandalas, General Manager at Mandala Spa & Resort Villas, responded to this review, 27 January 2013
Dear THAM38,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review, we do apologize about the necklace and the inconvenience caused by the bamboo flooring. Please do e-mail me directly at resortmanager@mandalaspa.com and I shall see if we can locate it and mail it back to you.

We are grateful for your patronage.

warmest regards,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

The entrance to Mandala is off the less than impressive main road near station 1 but it's like entering another world you pass the gates and make your way up to reception.

I only have two regrets!

One is that I didn't go during the day to really enjoy the lush greenery and foliage on the way to our treatment room. It's like entering a rain forest but I couldn't fully appreciate the beauty around me as it was night time.

Two is that I ONLY got a massage due to time constraints. The massage was wonderful and I really wish that I had had the time to use that as a 'primer' for their other treatments.

Service was also fabulous. I felt so calm and serene at the end of it. It truly is a wonderful spa.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue C
Hello Sue C,

Thank you very much for the kinds words, it is a shame that your did not get the chance to come by during the daytime, the greenery of the environment is truly a sight for sore eyes. :) We hope to see you again during your next visit and we may assist in prolonging your experience with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

I frequent the island of Boracay not just to relax and enjoy the white sand beach the Philippines has been boasting about but also to visit Mandala Spa - with its exceptional service, you'll always feel pampered and loved. The ambience makes you feel like you're one with nature, like you have found your place of solace. They even offer yoga sessions for free! Every visit is always an amazing experience for me.

Room Tip: Most of their rooms are villas so almost all the rooms are really nice.