“Wished it was better...”

Mandala Spa & Resort Villas
Ranked #20 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 8 May 2014

When we arrived at our pool villa, we were pleasantly surprised at its first impressions! Unfortunately it was short lived. We were swamped with mosquitoes in our room and the lizards didn't help much with that.
The toilet and shower was located outside the villa, which wasn't very smart considering how hot it got during the day. So be prepared for a sweaty encounter while minding to yourself! A couple of the light switches were dangling from the wall (beware of exposed live wires) and the air conditioning kept shutting off during the nite.
On the plus side, the pool was awesome and the sea view from the villa was breathtaking. Don't be taken aback by the non-existence of a proper restaurant setting when you have your breakfast, the 'Spa Breakfast' made up for it.
Definitely not worth the rate you'd be paying for this pool villa.

Room Tip: Don't choose the pool villa.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SenorPatio

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the pool villa for our honeymoon and we could not recommend this room more! Apart from not being beach front the hotel is perfect. All the staff are so friendly and accommodating with beautiful but simple breakfasts in the morning. If we came back to boracay we would definitely stay at mandala again! 5 star service, with really nice spa treatments included!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

A trip to Mandala Spa, in my opinion, is the best way to end every Boracay holiday. Hidden from the hustle and bustle of the busy white beach, here I find my solace. To end my holiday, I decided to get one of their signature massages, which was organised in my room, as per my request. The entire massage was so soothing and relaxing. Therapists are very well trained and are eager to please. My stay in Mandala Spa has been nothing short of amazing. The staff never failed to greet me with a genuine smile, something that I feel is quite uncommon in the hospitality industry nowadays. Thank you Mandala, you're a true gem on the island. I look forward to another getaway of tranquility, peace, and relaxation on my next trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank afaustino
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Overall we had a great stay at the Mandala Spa .

Villas
We had booked a "Garden Villa ". The villa was spacious , huge bathroom, a canopy bed , minibar, and a covered balcony. The decor was relatively new and the rooms are very clean.

Staff
The staff was very friendly and very attentive. For my girlfriends birthday she was given a personalized birthday cake together with a little serenade at breakfast. In addition, she received a complimentary Cleopatra milk bath. This made her day. Thank you very much.

The hotel offers only a breakfast. You can choose between 3 menus . The quality of the food is very good and everything is fresh. Lunch and dinner have to be organized by yourself. The hotel has some partner restaurants that provide home-delivery to the hotel . The minibar is stocked with standard drinks (wine, soft drinks, water ) .

Location
The hotel is 700m from the beach "Station 3". With a tri -cycle you can reach more beautiful and less crowded beaches in a short time . The villas are located in a very clean and quiet tropical park / jungle. If you want to escape from the trouble of "White Beach", this is the perfect balance .

Spa
In our room rate every day a free was massage was included. This massage takes place in your room and is very relaxing.
The masseuses are really great and you feel like a new person after this massage. We have also booked other treatments which were also perfect.

All in all, the mandala is a very intimate and beautiful hotel, and we can highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Location is beach front. The room is big enough with air condition. The staff are very accommodating and friendly. They should mosquito repellant in the dining area. The food is OK. You can't say no for the free breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful, always ready with a smile and eager to help. The room was very comfortable and with good furnishings. Breakfast was included with our rate, and the food was good and filling. Just watch out for the occasional fly.

Room was very clean, along with the grounds. No view from the lanai, but the cottage is very private. Lots of glass though, so there's not much privacy in the room.

The location isn't ideal (restaurants are a tricycle ride away). Walking down to the beach is a bit of a hike, and it's on the far end of all the restaurants and other amenities on the island.

Tip: They provide organic liquid body soap, which doesn't really help when you have to scrub away the dirt and grime. No bar soap is available, so bring your own or buy some from one of the many sari-sari stores on the island.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank FKS
Reviewed 5 February 2014

First of all I need to take nothing away from the rooms, grounds and breakfast at Mandala Spa & Villas.

Firstly, we stayed in a "technology detox" room and found it a little tough by the end of our stay to go without any form of TV, WIFI or Music. If you plan to try this room prepare yourself!! I thought I could manage without any form of technology for 8 nights but as it turns out what I learned about myself is that I am actually more reliant on technology then I ever thought. It's much harder to do then I thought. Take nothing away from the rooms however, they are stunning, large and are everything I expected them to be. The only issue we had was an extremely loud air conditioner that seemed to struggle with the humidity and heat of Boracay. Sleeping with this screaming air conditioner was a times tough Other then that the rooms are suburb.

The breakfast and the breakfast staff too are both wonderful. Every morning we were treated to a smiling group of staff who were all so wonderful to us. The food too was fantastic and it really made for a fantastic start to our day.

What I found a little irritating was the location. Upon booking I was led to believe that the hotel had direct access to the beach. This is not the case and is actually around 800m walk away from the beach. The location is very secluded though but for me I came to Boracay for the beach and there are other hotels with a much better locations then this one. At the beach too there are no chairs for your use so you need to ask other hotels and bars to use there chairs.

Also, there is basically no facilities in this resort whatsoever. No gym, No pool (unless you book a pool villa) and no business centre. They do yoga classes which are interesting but apart from yoga and some extremely expensive massages there is nothing here to do by the day time. However, tricycles can be hired cheaply and will take you wherever you want to go.

Personally I think Mandala is perfect for a weekend getaway but I would not stay here longer then 2-3 nights as there is only so much you can do within this resort. If you just want to be left alone in your room in a very secluded place then this resort is for you otherwise if you want a beach front property I would suggest another hotel.

Room Tip: Book a pool villa as there is no pool for normal guests.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple