“Amazing place, feels like staying with the family”

Frendz Resort Boracay
Ranked #14 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Bangkok, Thailand
“Amazing place, feels like staying with the family”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This place has been around for some time and I heard so many good things about it. With high expectations I booked 2 weeks at Frendz Resort and it was absolutely great!

First and foremost: The rooms are basic and the hotel is not fancy or anything close to 5star. What makes this place so special are the people who are working there. They are doing an outstanding job to make everybody happy. Everybody of the staff introduced themselves with their names which made me feel like i was staying with friends or family, everybody knew my name and asked daily how I'm doing and if everything is alright.

This is a budget hotel, but still, the rooms are cleaned every day without even asking. I was impressed. We just had the simple fan room, but after a few days we had some problems with too many flies in our room. The staff was amazing, they immediately offered me another room which was much better and bigger. I got transfered into a family room with a big balcony and A/C. I'm sure this room would have been much more pricier but they didn't ask for more money and I was able to spend my last days in this wonderful room.

The breakfast was fantastic, much better than in many of the fancy hotels in Boracay. At Frendz they serve real coffee, not the 3 in 1 crap. Everything was delicious, the omelet, the pancakes, the breakfast was actually my highlight of the day.

Frendz is an amazing place especially for solo travelers as you will make friends in no time. The common lounge is always crowded with travelers from all over the world and several times a week there is a big dinner with live music at the place. But in case you don't want to meet anyone, every bungalow has their private terrace where you can relax.

Another great thing was that you can lend skim boards, that was so cool, we had so much fun skim boarding! They also have snorkels, fins, etc to rent free of charge.

I absolutely loved my stay at Frends, the staff really makes a difference and makes this place so amazing that nobody wants to leave. Fantastic place, I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 365DaysSummer

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cebu, Philippines
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Good for budget travel. The room resembles of a native villa or bahay-kubo. It has the basic amenities. Service was good but the location is too far from the beach. What I only don't like during my entire stay was the noise. I hope you can do something about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vfmr01
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was travelling alone but this is great place to meet other backpakers. The dorm was basic but clean and fine for the price. The staff are very friendly also. It is about 5 minute walk to the beach. It is bit noisy sometimes at night when they have their small pre parties at the resort before everyone heads out to the bars. Overall good place for budget price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Stuart N
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are villa like built but native. In 1 villa there are 2 separate room w 2 floors each. You can hear the neighboring guests talking and laughing. Lol! with the low price, it was clean enough. Location was way too far from the beachfronts, was too tiring. Rooms are quite big for the 6 of us. Service was good. But when it rained and we are at the frontdesk area/restaurant, they werent able to lend us umbrellas for us to come back to our room, which was not part of what we paid for anyway. Lol! Value was worth for its only 600php per night per person.

Some foreigner guests was doping a marijuana in our balcony and we tell them to go away. The foreigners got angry and was pissed and good theyve got away. I wish no one sells marijuana in here..

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Carylldax
San Jose, California
Reviewed 1 May 2014

everytime I go back to Boracay, there is no other place I want to stay in. It is comfortable, unique and cool with its hut-type accommodations. They may be basic, but the comfort rooms are clean and the bed is nice, which is all you really need. The best part about Frendz is its awesome, awesome common room where they have parties and serve some of the best food I've tasted in Boracay. Stayed here more than 5 times already and will keep coming back. The staff - amazing people.

Room Tip: the dorms are very comfortable and despite housing 6-8 people, it is an up and down room so they are...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brenna B
Frederikssund Municipality, Denmark
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Frendz is the best place at Boracay - I love it! The staff were the most friendly ever - they gave us a really warm welcome including a handshake and a cold beer (what's not to like). ;) they were always very sweet and helpful ! The dorm was fine as well - clean sheets and cleaning twice a day. Frendz is the perfect place for backpackers and for making new friends! I really miss it and will highly recommend it ! :)

• Stayed April 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Travelling solo- fantastic place to meet others of all ages!! Very basic but has everything you would need. Cold showers and staying in a male dorm with 4 others, but still find this place difficult to fault!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo