“Simply the best budget hostel in Boracay!”

Frendz Resort and Hostel Boracay
Ranked #14 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I've been hearing about Frendz from my friends who are frequent visitors of Boracay. They said it's such a cool place to stay when you're on a budget. True enough, it is!

When I checked in, I was greeted with a warm, friendly smile by their beautiful staff, Rebeca! What I find really endearing is the fact that all their staff are genuinely helpful, cheerful and friendly! They will help you with all your needs and questions! Learned some new games from Greg!

Rooms are okay for a budget hostel, it is clean. Location wise, it is near D'mall, PubCrawl (if you want to try that) in Station 2. Very safe going in and out of the hostel any time of the day. If you have valuables, they have lockers in the rooms and a separate common secured room to store your belongings.

They have a pool table in the bar and if you want to play your music in the bar, you can just ask the staff to plug in your ipod/phone.

They have scheduled happy hour which is sooooo fun!! I have met really nice people in this hostel and I will definitely come back! It feels like home here!

I have to note though (for future guests of this hostel), please don't forget to leave the room key at the reception before going out to explore the island.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andi S

Reviewed 28 July 2014

A good place to know different people across the globe. Rooms are not fancy but architecture of the hostels are fit for that island feel. It is also cheap! They also have very good breakfast, and twice a week they hold a happy hour from 6 to 9pm for cheaper beers. They have a pool, which is really nice; you can have a game of chess on the common area, or just chill on the bar (yes they have their own bar). To top it all, their staff are very friendly and accommodating, especially JEFF - he's the man! He made it very easy for me from reservations to transfers and everything else.

PROs - everything that I mentioned above and a whole lot more like drinking sessions in the hostels by a generous host; get to know multi-cultural people and have them as companion while discovering the island to make your expense cheaper; they are in partnership with Globys' resto just a walk away from the hostel (in-front of the beach) where you can get discounts and use their sun lounges all day; and the cost is very cheap. To sum it all up - very good for a solo traveller

CONs - if it rains, there is a puddle of water just outside the entrance which becomesa breeding ground for mosquitoes. Make sure to bring your insect repellent lotion. WIFI are very weak in the rooms, but hey, maybe the reason they did have it only in the common area is because they wanted people who checked-in there to interact with each other, which is a very good idea I guess. Other than that, I cant think of anything negative. :)

Was there July 7 - 11 2014, Room 7, Solo

Room Tip: Room 7 if you want a room for yourself with wifi coverage. Otherwise, every room is good enough.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Dave_Onia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

it was a great stay! they got a nice pool, with couch where you easily just jump into some talks with random people from all over the world. One of my best stay I ever had in terms of meeting linkminded people!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joerg S
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had some reservations about the place initially because of TripAdvisor and Facebook reviews gaving the impression that it was a party hostel. We imagined raucous, all night music and disco, every day of the week. This is why we asked for a deluxe room away from the bar/restaurant.

Turns out, it’s only a once a week thing. They announce it a day before the event too. It starts at 7pm and ends at 10pm.

The location. Perfectly situated between stations 1 and 2. It’s not a beachfront property, so you need to walk through a narrow path to go to the beach, around 5 minutes walk or so.

The staff. Genuinely friendly, from Jeff, to Dennis, to the gardeners, to the reception staff, to the cleaning staff. Jeff gave us a warm welcome (and a welcome drink), gave the skinny on what the resort offered, etc. The cleaning staff and the gardeners always greeted us with a smile too.

The room. Pretty decent for the price. Comes with the standard aircon, cable TV, and a stand fan. The shower has hot water. It has a strong water pressure too.

This is a great place for meeting new people as the place exudes a laid back and friendly vibe. It's also ok if you just want to keep to yourself too.

Read the full and complete review, plus interactive map and 360 panorama of Room 4 at our blog: http://wanderlusting.me/lifeinthephilippines/hotel-review/frendz-resort-boracay/

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wanderlusterus
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Got to this place mid afternoon, greeted by this awesome receptionist, Jeff, made my stay here enjoyable, very helpful and friendly, oh yeah there's a free welcome drink.

Simple dorms, single beds, there's a bar and the best time to drink is obviously the happy hour, they sell food too, but the prices are quite high.

The distance from the beach is just a 3 minute walk away, from there you can head to the other restaurants and amenities.

Great place for solo travellers

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. It's very basic but of course that is to be expected and it's cheap. The food and drink is more expensive than normal, but that's Boracay for you. This really is not a budget island.

My room was fine except for the chap with bum wind, but that wasn't the hostal's fault!

The bar scene was excellent, nearly always people about, and plenty of working wifi when there isn't.

I travelled as above, but Trip Advisor is insisting I fill out 'when did you travel' and that only goes as far back as July 2013, Brilliant stuff Trip Advisor - you rule.

The owners were great with me when I walked into a wood beam and split my head open, a scar and dent in my head to this day... they treated and dressed it for me. Those Red Horse beers really help in aiding one to walk into the wood beams!

They also let me use their mobile phone to contact a rather useless Emirates airline all the time. They were very helpful and basically just sound as a pound all round. The food was good.

Once you've located it, it's easy to find the very amazing beach.

Top gaff, would definitely return. Gracias, amigos.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Thai32
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We found frendz brilliant. It's in a great handy location, only a short walk to the beach, dmall, laundry, supermarket etc. the staff were incredibly friendly and incredibly attentive, from Dennis at the beach who would organise drinks, make sure the beach umbrellas were just right to jeff behind the bar. We stayed in deluxe double bed private ensuite and we found this to be perfect for our five-night stay. Comfy bed, Air con, TV, at times we got wifi in our room. Linen gets changed after three days. The only downside was a noisy rooster in an adjoining property, but you can't do much about that. (And rooster crows throughout the day, not just at dawn!) oh and once we heard late night shenanigans through the walls. We did have a brownout during our stay, but it was all good as frendz has a back up generator. We did organise a banca tour through the resort. It was pretty much the same price we could get at the beach. We liked that we could eat and restaurants and get it charged to our room.
They do take security seriously as a guard mans the gate overnight. We did see a guy get pulled up for his behaviour.

We would highly recommend staying here. In fact if we were to return, it is where we would book again!

Room Tip: Def upgrade for the deluxe private rooms. Well worth the extra cash.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple