“Love the jungle feel to it!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orchids Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Orchids Resort
Ranked #62 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Lempaala, Finland
“Love the jungle feel to it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed at one of the Villas for about 19 nights. My son and I arrived a night early and we were accommodated immediately. The villa was modest, clean and comfortable. With good and silent air-conditioning in the bedroom, adequate kitchen and living room upstairs. Almost everything I need can be found in the kitchen except for strainer. A good size refrigerator kept our food and drinks cool. Tv can be found on both floors, with so many channels to choose from. Eg: cartoon network, Disney, HBO, MTV, BBC news.
Staff incredibly pleasant, always friendly and willing to assist with any of my request or questions. The villa itself is very private. So much peacefulness, with only the sound of nature, frogs, birds, and the sound of the sea at a distance. Ofcourse, like most places in Asia it came with all the bugs, geckos, mosquitoes and the like. But even 4 star hotels have them. I took the comfort of spraying baygon, it helps in easing the worries of the mind.
The owners were very friendly and approachable. I noticed that they tried to change a few words with their clients, asking if we were being taken cared of. Very thoughtful of them.
With a seven year old, it took us almost 3 - 4 mins. to walk the trail to the beach. Quiet, almost empty beach! No VENDORS all the time shouting boat hopping mam, pearls mam, sunglasses mam....I really enjoyed my stay in the villa and I will stay again in future vacation. But next time i will remember to bring my own towels, because they only provide towels with unsterilized ones. Towels should be wash with 60 to 90 deg.c programs.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Opi091

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Jasper, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stumbled across Orchids online this year and I am very happy I did. I am a tour operater with an adventure back packing company (freeandeasytraveler.com) and was looking for a new place to bring my tour groups and was forunate enough to meet Lynn, a great Texan, who set us up wonderfully. I have been there on 3 different occasions with large groups and each time the staff has exceeded my expectations and we have all always left with big smiles on our faces.
The resort is very nicely tucked away from any noise, giving it a very nice secluded vibe. The rooms are very authentic and the beds are very very comfortable. A cool touch are all the hand made sea shell light fixtures and decorations and the welcome gifts of sea shell necklaces and key chains!! The breakfasts there are great and it has a nice common area to sit and have some drinks before you hit up the night life on the other end of the beach. And one of the best parts is the price! You cannot beat it.
I highly recommend Orchids Boracay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but the bungalows with patios and hammocks are the best.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Melissa J
Dasmariñas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I have been in Orchids Resort twice (2010 and 2011) and I must say that I had great times here. I actually plan to go back here this Halloween (2012)! Budget wise, it's good because. For a price of less than P1k, you'll get a room that's good for 3 people, with wifi access, all other basic amenities and bottomless coffee! It's also 1 minute away from the tranquil beach of station 3. Staff are nice and helpful too.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank zhaturday
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

We arrived into Boracay at 7 am so we wanted someplace cheap to put our things down and get some rest- we selected Orchids because it was cheaper than the surrounding hotels. We paid 550 pesos (off season) + 50 for internet.

The room was actually very cool-I liked the wicker EVERYTHING! (ceiling, floor, walls...), but no sunlight came in and you literally had no idea weather it was day or night. Also, the way the rooms are situated- you can hear everything anyone is saying. The communal area is in the center of the complex, so although there is a noise curfew, people were drinking until past 2 am which kept us awake.

The room was clean enough and the bathroom was fine, although there were some problems with the shower- it stopped running at random, then started again. We did have hot water.

All this being said- if I was on a super tight budget, I would maybe stay here again. We moved to a nicer, beach front hotel the next morning, but I could understand people being happy with their stay if they wanted to save the cash. After all- how often are you in your room when you have the beautiful beach?

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank phoenixwan
Ziway, Ethiopia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

There are many hotels and Resorts along the white beachfront but we were on the budget so I choose to stay at this resort. The rooms are all designed with native good size room, great bathroom and good facilities throughout. We are 4 pax and stay at 1 Cottage type and 1 Air com room.

The resorts is located at the Station 3 and minute walk from the white beach and 2 minutes from Boat Station 3. There are many massage parlor and restaurant near the resort.

Wi-fi is okay but pay additional php 50.00 per day and breakfast is served with a minimal charged.

A hotel staff will pick up at the airport for free to guide you to the Resort, once you confirm your booking .

All in all its worthy to stay at this resort if your on the budget and looking for a place to sleep ..I recommend this to all budget travelers..

Room Tip: Choose Cottage no.18
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Alpaj75
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed in one of the Orchid Villas. After a lot of research beforehand, I decided to stay in one of the villas at Orchid's and am very glad I did. First, the price is right. Second, the villa is exceptional. FInding a great place to stay may not be difficult in Boracay, but this one does not break the bank at the same time--rare! The only downside is That the villas are about a two minute walk from the beach, and there was no sea view from our second-floor balcony. But the villa is two stories. The first floor is air conditioned; the second floor is fan cooled. There is a kitchen that was clean and functioned adequately. Bathroom is clean, with just a shower. The staff is excellent and thoughtful; one night it was raining and a member of the staff knocked on our door--he had brought up umbrellas for us to use, just in case we needed them. Also, it is very private and quiet, which is a plus. It is also located at Station 3, which is much more quiet and less crowded than Station 2 or 1. Internet was solid throughout my time there, and there were very few blackouts, and ehen there were the generator kicked in very quickly. I highly recommend staying here.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nolan S
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this resort during our 5 day stay in Boracay. We had a private room with a fan, and a hammock on our front porch. We loved the authentic look to the resort, and Orchids had a beautiful garden in their courtyard with lovely birds singing great tunes. I see a lot of people reviewing that this place was bad because of bugs, but in my opinion, bugs are natural things in life and they are everywhere anyways. For the great value that Orchids offer, having a few bugs in your room is a non issue. Rachelle and the rest of the staff is AMAZING! Rachelle introduced us to D'Talipapa, and we had the best fresh seafood meal of our lives, and we ate there every night. Thanks for the tip Rachelle! The resort is located less than a minute away from the beach front where we spent most of our time. With staff working 24 hours a day, we felt safe to leave our valuables in our room. The staff members really went above and beyond in making sure we were happy with our stay. Thanks so much Orchids, can't wait to visit you guys again soon! Much love!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple