“Amazing value during low season”
Review of Orchids Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Orchids Resort
Ranked #65 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Amazing value during low season”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

When we went to Boracay, we wanted to stay in a bamboo cottage, or something similar, and we wanted to find low prices. For this, Orchids Resort was perfect. During the low season, we stayed for 545 pesos per night in a basic fan room. Almost everything in the room was made of bamboo or seashells, which was charming. The staff was friendly and the property was nice. The only downsides were the long walk to Station 2 and the unavoidable bugs around all of the bamboo. Just don't come here looking for modern luxury, and you should enjoy your stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jon P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Amazing resort! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful/ accommodating to all guests. The rooms were clean and just minutes to the beach! Would highly recommend to all travellers. My favourite part of staying at Orchids was eating their amazing breakfasts. I would highly recommend it.
Jenn, Canada

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer R
Zamora, Spain
Reviewed 6 August 2012

They will charge you 2.000 pisos for the transport from Kalibo Airport to the Resort (round trip) and you can get it easily at the airport for only 400 pisos.

If you wanna pay using your credit card ... ¡they will charge you a 7.5% commission!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank SoanK
PencilsPoints, Owner at Orchids Resort, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
hi...and we appreciate the guest staying the 4 nights with us. however, i really need to know where he received the information that we charge 2000 php for r/t kalibo-resort-kalibo transfer services. we offer r/t a/c bus, banca and van service direct to/from the resort for a total of 900 php...much less than any 2000 php? as for a lower rate and including on island van service and banca service and service between caticlan and airport r/t, perhaps the lowest you can find is a combined 650-700 php with no guarantee of a/c service, several stops and nonguarantee of airport arrival on time.

as for the 7.5% credit card fee, we encourage all of our guests to pay in cash and we tell them up front that they need to save money and use the local ATM services and not use our credit card facilities, as the local credit card provider requires that we charge a very, and we believe unfair, service fee...we have limited control over this fee.

the guests 2 star rating reflects a poor performance of our staff...and we sincerely hope that this was not the case especially since he stayed 4 nights and we would have gladly refunded him any advanced deposits if he wanted to move elsewhere.

thanks. Mr Turner / owner
Boracay, Philippines
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Orchids Resort and Private Villas, is since 2009 , my home, i do frequently in a year the private Villas! It was always a pleasure staying there! The building is in an excellent condition and provides all needs required, to feel home and well received !! As well the care taker Marlon is a great plus, who is always around and checks for needs, such as beverages or anything else else . The cleaning is done frequently during the week and always top!!!

If this place would be as great as it is, i would not have come here several times a year and that since the Private Villas starts operating

Great people, great place !!!!

Room Tip: Any room is good, just check for your own needs
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mark M
Lempaala, Finland
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed at one of the Villas for about 19 nights. My son and I arrived a night early and we were accommodated immediately. The villa was modest, clean and comfortable. With good and silent air-conditioning in the bedroom, adequate kitchen and living room upstairs. Almost everything I need can be found in the kitchen except for strainer. A good size refrigerator kept our food and drinks cool. Tv can be found on both floors, with so many channels to choose from. Eg: cartoon network, Disney, HBO, MTV, BBC news.
Staff incredibly pleasant, always friendly and willing to assist with any of my request or questions. The villa itself is very private. So much peacefulness, with only the sound of nature, frogs, birds, and the sound of the sea at a distance. Ofcourse, like most places in Asia it came with all the bugs, geckos, mosquitoes and the like. But even 4 star hotels have them. I took the comfort of spraying baygon, it helps in easing the worries of the mind.
The owners were very friendly and approachable. I noticed that they tried to change a few words with their clients, asking if we were being taken cared of. Very thoughtful of them.
With a seven year old, it took us almost 3 - 4 mins. to walk the trail to the beach. Quiet, almost empty beach! No VENDORS all the time shouting boat hopping mam, pearls mam, sunglasses mam....I really enjoyed my stay in the villa and I will stay again in future vacation. But next time i will remember to bring my own towels, because they only provide towels with unsterilized ones. Towels should be wash with 60 to 90 deg.c programs.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Opi091
Jasper, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stumbled across Orchids online this year and I am very happy I did. I am a tour operater with an adventure back packing company (freeandeasytraveler.com) and was looking for a new place to bring my tour groups and was forunate enough to meet Lynn, a great Texan, who set us up wonderfully. I have been there on 3 different occasions with large groups and each time the staff has exceeded my expectations and we have all always left with big smiles on our faces.
The resort is very nicely tucked away from any noise, giving it a very nice secluded vibe. The rooms are very authentic and the beds are very very comfortable. A cool touch are all the hand made sea shell light fixtures and decorations and the welcome gifts of sea shell necklaces and key chains!! The breakfasts there are great and it has a nice common area to sit and have some drinks before you hit up the night life on the other end of the beach. And one of the best parts is the price! You cannot beat it.
I highly recommend Orchids Boracay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but the bungalows with patios and hammocks are the best.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Melissa J
Dasmariñas City
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I have been in Orchids Resort twice (2010 and 2011) and I must say that I had great times here. I actually plan to go back here this Halloween (2012)! Budget wise, it's good because. For a price of less than P1k, you'll get a room that's good for 3 people, with wifi access, all other basic amenities and bottomless coffee! It's also 1 minute away from the tranquil beach of station 3. Staff are nice and helpful too.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends