“Comfortable & good value for money”
Review of Orchids Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Orchids Resort
Ranked #66 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
AliceInSthEastAsia
“Comfortable & good value for money”
Reviewed 14 May 2007

As a single girl traveller, I really liked this place, especially for the price. Having booked into a nearby guest house, I checked out of there after just one night and moved to Orchid's Resort which I found so much nicer. With a plan to stay 5 nights in Boracay, i extended my stay by another two nights, partly because I felt comfortable and safe and happy in this quiet little place. The property is really nice with a lovely big garden and balcony for the upstairs rooms. My room was nicely set out, with a clean bathroom. They also do a great breakfast for 100 peso.
It's distance from the hub of activity works for it and against it. The beach out front (about 1 minute walk) is lovely as it is not overcrowded with people, plus there are no little market stalls, only a few restuarants and cafes, so you feel like you can truly relax on this part of the beach. Although, it is a fair distance to walk home if it's 4am in the morning and you've been out at one of the bars nearer to station 1 or 2.
If you're likely to be annoyed by kids and noise in the morning try not to stay next to a family room - although i found it hard to let anything get to me on Boracay!
Not sure who the manager is that has previously received bad reviews... I didn't meet him, but I did get a hello and a smile from most of the staff.

• Liked — The garden, clean comfortable room
  • Disliked — The walk back there at 4am in the morning!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank AliceInSthEastAsia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Key West FL
Reviewed 1 May 2007

For those on a limited budget like myself I found Orchids to be far and away the best value on the island. The rooms were clean, good food and service as good as anywhere else on the island (which I must say had a "laid back island" approach)...

I was so glad to run across the Orchids and definitely plan to re-visit the resort in the future.

Adrian Blackshaw
Key West, FL USA

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — I was really quite satisfied for the money
  • Stayed July 2005, travelled solo
3 Thank aforbesb
Tokyo
Reviewed 30 April 2007

Boracay in itself is a magic spot. Unfortunately, due to some of the more recent hotels the volume of concrete has rapidly increased on the island. Orchids Resort built entirely with natural materials preserves the magic of this paradise. You add to this the fact that the rooms are clean, the staff always friendly, the garden filled with lush green and beautiful orchids and all that at very reasonable prices...Also, for those of you who like to play a game a chess, you will always find a member of the staff eager to measure his skills with the guests.
If you want to live a few days in paradise, Orchids resort is the place to go!

Stayed December 2006
3 Thank ConfuciusTokyo
Makati
Reviewed 30 April 2007

Orchids has a perfect spot in Station 3, being close to the market if you want to buy things. The place & service is really fine.

Stayed April 2006
1 Thank quiczilver
Pino in Oz
Reviewed 27 April 2007

Living a frantic pace in a western society made us long for a hassle-free, a do-nothing and a laid-back approach for our holiday. Then there was the budget to contend with especially that we wanted a week's stay. Orchids Resort far exceeded our expectations. My daughter and I were looked after by the staff very well and yet they were not "in your face" by keeping a respectable distance. Safety and securiy were also important to us. I loved having my early morning swim, the beach being only a few minutes (2) from the resort, to arrive with a cofee and tea tray waiting in our own verandah, and check on my emails being connected wireless at a minimal fee - wow what a holiday! Then there was the Pickled Fish and Grilled Fish we requested as a special treat for our Sunday lunch. Mmmmmm we will be back at the next opportune time - this time with the rest of the family.
I am relieved we were not right in front of the beach where the traffic and the noise were greater, yet close enough.
One word of advice to other travellers. Know what you are looking for in a holiday. Orchids Resort offers great value for money particularly for families and therefore if one expects a 5-star place and treatment -well I suggest you are not in the right page. Be fair! Be realistic!

Arlene Caine
Perth, Western Australia

Stayed October 2006
3 Thank triggercaine
Toronto
Reviewed 25 April 2007

Not the best place, but certainly Its not as bad as what others make it out to be. You get what you pay for. This isnt a 5 star hotel. It will not be as fancy as those you see right on the beach but it has its own appeal. Its quiet and its homey. The staff there are really nice especially Jun. A friend and I stayed there for 10 days in february it cost use $100USD each. Pretty damn good since I didnt plan to spend all my time at the resort. I looked at it as a nice place to sleep. I really enjoyed the quiet garden atmostphere away from the hustle and bustle of White Beach. There were a few minor inconvinices like i had to make my own coffee in the morning, but for $10/night with breakfast and laundry service included and free transportation to and from the airport, I can live with making my own coffee and eating the same breakfast for 10 days.

If you're on a budget and dont mind a 3 star resort, this is the place to be.
If you dont plan on staying at the resort the entire time this is your "home base" as you're only a stone's throw to the beach anyways.
If you like to interact with people rather than have them act like robotic servants this is the place. Their staff have personalities.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — Same free breakfast everyday
  • Stayed February 2005, travelled with friends