“Nice room nice people”
Review of Orchids Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Orchids Resort
Ranked #66 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice room nice people”
Reviewed 17 September 2007

We arrived a couple of hours before our check-in time, fortunately for us it's lean season that's why the resort acknowledged us already and led us to our beautiful native-style room. Twas a great experience for a city girl like me, small resort with few rooms and cottage rooms, it's felt like you're really out of the city, i was really breaking free!! no fuzz, no noise, no pollution and friendly people, we could ask anything about the island and they would never hesitate to inform us. cheap roomrates, just a few walks to the beach, we never had a problem walking from our station (3) all the way to station 1, it's such a nice walk anyway, in the city i never walked that much but this, i really burned my fats and calories which is soooo coooolllll.

• Liked — price and native style cottage rooms and quiet and peaceful atmosphere
  • Disliked — the walk from the resort all the way to station3, far from night life
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank babyjazz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
TGuam USA
Reviewed 17 September 2007

We've just returned from a wonderful 6-day stay at Orchids Resort in Boracay and must say that the combination of cozy rooms, a warm and helpful staff and its extremely affordable prices make this resort my new favorite on the island.

This was my third trip to Boracay (I love the island!) and had the most fun this time around. Orchids took care of my transfers to and from the airport and provided me with a great room and excellent recommendations on where to enjoy the various cuisines the island has to offer. They also provided me with free coffee even late at night when i had my cravings.

I can't recommend this resort enough to anybody wanting to maximize their budget. You'll be able to save a lot by staying at this cozy resort.

• Liked — affordable accommodations and friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gmscott
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 7 August 2007

I just got back from a stay at the Orchids and can't recommend it more. First of all, the price is great. It has to be one of the best deals on rooms. All the staff are very friendly and very helpful..even when you need a bottle of water at 3 am...... The rooms are definitely comfortable and clean. My favourite part was sitting out on the balconies and reading while having coffee ...which is free all day. It may not be beach front, but it only takes a minute to walk up the path to the beach (ok...ten minutes if you are heading to boat station 2 where alot of the action is)...But the beach close to the Orchids is beautiful and had some great restaurants near it (Blue Mango for example).
I wouldn't hestitate to stay here again....

• Liked — The staff and the traditional materials
  • Disliked — the walk back from Boat station 1
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
totonto
Reviewed 3 August 2007

I was born and grow up in Iloilo but this is the first time I visited boracay Island and it was an amazing experience..Too bad that I'm already here in Canada that I discover this island.

The staff are super friendly and accomodating, you can ask anything you would like to eat and they will prepare it for you with all smiles.

The night life is great!!! strolling or watching live bands.

Our accomocation is pretty good, we have one bedroom aircon villa with large balcony which I enjoy a lot...also there's an old lady servicing a massage for a very very cheap price.

Boracay beach is world's best!!! I'de been to so many resorts in Caribbean, Mexico and Cuba but being in boracay felt at home and super safe.

Lastly, I received an email from Lyn with regards to the devastating result of typhoon which slash boracay island and orchids had a major destructure.

• Liked — Very traditional
  • Disliked — Not beach front
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank nallada
Taichung City
Reviewed 20 June 2007

My girlfriend and I just returned from a short trip to Boracay - spent 3 nights at the Orchids. It was pretty much exactly as I expected after looking at the information on their website. My experience was identical to the one described by the traveler from Australia a few entries lower down on the page, titled "Laid Back/Value for Money" and maybe she describes it a little better than I can. The thing I enjoyed the most was just sitting on the porch in the comfortable chairs, looking at the garden - peaceful and relaxing - I could sit there all morning drinking coffee and all evening drinking cheap San Miguel beer right out of the refrigerator behind the front desk - don't even need to go to the beach, but it is just down a twisty little path and is perhaps the prettiest beach and clearest, turqoise water I have seen anywhere, including Malaysia and Thailand. (Ok, Ok, I am dreaming now - they all about the same, sand and water, but I just finished swimming at White Beach in Boracay, so it seems best - or maybe Puka Beach on the north side, but not much shade or many bars there....) Anyway, this place is just what it advertises itself to be - a good place for families on a budget or backpackers who are looking for a cheap, quiet and safe place to hang out. If I was a kid and my parents took me here, I would think this was the coolest vacation ever - never short on stuff to do. And if I was a backpacker, it is the kind of place I would love to stay at for a week or two in the off season and rest up for the next leg of my trip. I especially need to mention the helpfulness of the staff - our bus/boat/tricycle transfer was arranged in advance for a very reasonable price by the staff of the Orchids - when we stepped off the plane in Kalibo we were practically led by the hand to a waiting bus, then to the ferry in Caticlan and then after the moto-trycicle ride, met by a staff member who walked with us to show us the footpath. Excellent customer service! Then, when I asked about arranging an island hopping trip for the next day (our time was limited - only two days to play) the manager just said, "No problem - how about 10 a.m. tomorrow morning? Someone can meet you right here." And so our boat trip was set up just that easily and also at a very cheap price. We had a great time, especially enjoyed the barbecue! Negatives - my girlfriend is a city girl, so she is harder to please than I am - she worried about bugs and mosquitos, and put on OFF (oxymoron?) before going to sleep at night - possibly there were a few, but they didn't bother me much at all - I slept great with the fan on low all night. Like the reviewer from Oz said, be realistic - this is budget accomodation, so be fair and reasonable in your expectations, but as far as I am concerned any place that treats customers with this kind of warmth and hospitality should get 5 stars for making people feel welcomed and at home! Good enough!

• Liked — friendly staff!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mashimaro_7
AliceInSthEastAsia
Reviewed 14 May 2007

As a single girl traveller, I really liked this place, especially for the price. Having booked into a nearby guest house, I checked out of there after just one night and moved to Orchid's Resort which I found so much nicer. With a plan to stay 5 nights in Boracay, i extended my stay by another two nights, partly because I felt comfortable and safe and happy in this quiet little place. The property is really nice with a lovely big garden and balcony for the upstairs rooms. My room was nicely set out, with a clean bathroom. They also do a great breakfast for 100 peso.
It's distance from the hub of activity works for it and against it. The beach out front (about 1 minute walk) is lovely as it is not overcrowded with people, plus there are no little market stalls, only a few restuarants and cafes, so you feel like you can truly relax on this part of the beach. Although, it is a fair distance to walk home if it's 4am in the morning and you've been out at one of the bars nearer to station 1 or 2.
If you're likely to be annoyed by kids and noise in the morning try not to stay next to a family room - although i found it hard to let anything get to me on Boracay!
Not sure who the manager is that has previously received bad reviews... I didn't meet him, but I did get a hello and a smile from most of the staff.

• Liked — The garden, clean comfortable room
  • Disliked — The walk back there at 4am in the morning!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank AliceInSthEastAsia
Key West FL
Reviewed 1 May 2007

For those on a limited budget like myself I found Orchids to be far and away the best value on the island. The rooms were clean, good food and service as good as anywhere else on the island (which I must say had a "laid back island" approach)...

I was so glad to run across the Orchids and definitely plan to re-visit the resort in the future.

Adrian Blackshaw
Key West, FL USA

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — I was really quite satisfied for the money