“Disappointment ”

Blue Mango Inn
Ranked #63 of 222 Boracay B&B and Inns
“Disappointment ”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Great location on beach 3 but lacks service. Because of the great reviews, before coming I sent an email to check prices and availability and even tried calling a few times but I was never answered.

Regarding the inn, we received the room with remainders of the former guest and even without these extras the room was not clean.

On one day breakfast was not given as most of the ingredients (except pancakes) were missing and even to tell us that took them 15 minutes (after it took them another 15 minutes for coffee) we left 40 minutes later without breakfast as we had activities.

On the good side they have a great hamburger and mango sauce.

It looks that when we were there the place was missing management.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The owner (i forgot his name) was an american guy who replies to email inquiries where other hotels didn't bother. He sent a guy to pick us up at Caticlan pier. The place is in nice quiet spot in Station 3. Wifi even reaches the beach! Me and my family got upgraded for free because we brought my brother with us. breakfast is ok. We didn't try their regular dishes cause i heard is it's quite expensive for a local like me.The wifi repeater is in our balcony so the signal isvery strong. I love the rustic simplicity of the rooms.Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Makol_1
Victoria
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hi, I have taken my family to Boracay many times over the years.
Our first trip (2009) was booked at another hotel, which ended up in trouble and could not accommodate my family.
As I was traveling within a week, I put out a desperate plea to any Hotel Manager that could help me.
I received mail from Vaughan at the Blue Mango.
He assured me that he would take care of me, and he did, even got my deposit back from the other Hotel and booked me enough rooms at The Mango.
We arrived at Caticlan, there was a Blue Mango Staff member to meet us, Vaughn was there to meet us as we walked into the hotel, with a welcome drink in his hand, and a smile on his face.
The following year my wife and I went back for a romantic break, again Vaughn took care of us with a very good deal.
The year after we arrived again with 14 family members In tow. No problems for Vaughan and the wonderful staff.
Vaughn became a good friend.
When we stayed there we always felt like we were at home, that's how they treated us, just like Family.
I always kept in touch with Vaughn, just to say hello, and tell him how much is missed the place, and i know he was busy, but he would always find time to
reply.
I was recently saddened when I received mail from the Blue Mango Office, that Vaughn had Passed Away on January 30th 2015.
My Condolences, to Vaughan's Family, and the Long Time Staff at the Mango.
Many happy times,
My thoughts are with you Vaughn,
Cheers for the good times,
Dennis and Family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank denco14
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights late Dec 2013 and had a wonderful time beachfront with bamboo tables and chairs on beach for guest. Water deep enough for swimming and no crowds on beach or in water like middle of beach, 10 minute walk to the action centers at night. Host and staff great will cater to all your needs, we booked a family loft but were given two rooms on arrival not so bad a we have adult children. Bedding needs a lift, pillows old and hard and sheets have seen better days but they were clean. Its a nice quiet relaxing place to stay.

Room Tip: Its a small complex so it does not really matter which room you are in.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Glen C
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I went here just last March 2014 with family. I booked a family loft (good for 4-5) for three nights.

I can tell you that you really get the value out of the money you will pay AND MORE. The staff will take care of your airport/jetty port transfers, give suggestions on must-trys in Boracay and basically treat you like a guest of their family. Blue Mango is located in one of the quieter areas of Boracay so if you are looking for a peaceful sanctuary in the party place that is the island, don't think twice in choosing Blue Mango. I will definitely stay here again next time.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mark P
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is a late review but since it's summer, it might still be useful. ;)

My family and I stayed there last summer. We got the loft which had 2 rooms with a tv unit each, a big bathroom, an small sala and its own veranda. It was beachfront so it made my daughters very happy. The rooms were cleaned everyday and the AC unit was working very well. There was wifi in the rooms too.

Blue Mango is located in station 3 which is recommended of you have kids with you since it's the quiet part of Boracay. If you want to just relax without hearing the noise and seeing hordes of people about, it's the best place to stay. Its rates include free breakfast. Choices are limited though. Their meal servings are quite huge so we had to share them. We ordered dinner there for 2 nights and their dishes were all good.

Just make sure though to call them when you land in Kalibo or Caticlan to tell them that you are already in the vicinity. This will give them enough time to send someone to Caticlan port to fetch you on time. We were promised that someone would meet us there but we had to wait for 40mins before their employee got there. Mr Vaughan promised us free dinner though because of this oversight. :) This was the only glitch in our perfect getaway.

Generally though, we had a great time at Blue Mango and, knowing now how to go around their "weakness", we would still definitely consider it next time we go to Boracay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pebbles G
las vegas, nv
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed a week here, and had a great time! Never had any complaints about the place, even when a typhoon rolled over the island for a day and a half. We were able to stay comfortable inside and wait it all out. Other than the weather, had a pleasant experience. Room was decent and equipped well enough for what little time we were forced to stay in it by the storm. Was met at the airport by staff and was swiftly taken to the island from Caticlan. Would recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends