“Amazing New Year's Eve”

Ranked #51 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Amazing New Year's Eve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

During our trip to Boracay we spend New Year's Eve in the White House Lounge at the Beach, which is party of the hotel.
The staff was very kind und nice to us as we spent the whole evening since 5 p.m at this place at the beachfront. The prices were definitely justified and still cheap compared to european standard.
The only reason why the rating is not excellent is the fact that the later the evening was, the staff got a bit confused and it took them longer to deal with our orders.
Anyway we decided to spend the next two days in the lounge at the beach for relaxing and spending time with our friends.
Definitely a place to come back to.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Ushkas, Manager at White House Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR! thank you for ringing it in with us! yes, it did get very busy you're right! glad to hear your time was well spent with us, see you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We arrived on January 1st just before the check in time of 2pm. We had to kill time on the because because our rooms were not ready until 5pm. That was a big issue -- one which our group needs to deal with.

The room was spacious but it was ordinary. The beds' mattresses peaked in the middle, so much so, you were in danger of falling or rolling into the floor if you were caught off balanced. A friend's pillows had an unpleasant smell so we had to call housekeeping to replace then.

The hot water was intermittent and the foot towel I placed just in front of the sink would get soaked. I don't know where the leak was coming from. There were no complimentary amenities except for a papaya scented shampoo and conditioner and a fruity scented body wash--both of which we didn't use because they looked and smelled so sketchy. There was one mirror in the entire room and it was the bathroom mirror. The bathroom counter just had enough space for the sink so that you could not put anything else on top of it.

There was a balcony and a rack was provided where you could hang swimsuits or beach towels to dry. The room was hardly sound proof because I could hear tricycles and other vehicles passing by and roosters were crowing quite early in the morning. Luckily I had earplugs.

Our breakfast was included in the price of the hotel. I had the sirloin tapa which was actually good. There were several items that weren't available on the menu (corned beef and tocino) which my friends wanted to order. The reason the staff gave us was they were doing inventory. It actually didn't make sense. The pancake and mango of another friend took eons to arrive. We later found out after following up that it was served to another guest who ordered later than us. Staff were in dire need of training.

The music of White House is second to none. Their collection of chill out beach music is second to none on the island. There wasn't a song we didn't like in the hours and hours we stayed chilling in the hotel's beachfront. I especially liked their lychee mojito. Other friends liked their lime mojito. While their chaise lounges were pretty, they were not comfortable nor adjustable. I kept on slipping off it. A friend remedied that by sitting on a rolled beach towel. It was designed so that it could only remain on an upright position and you could not lie on your stomach to tan your back. The sofas that were arranged on their deck afforded a very good view of the sunset. Beach towels were provided albeit they were threadbare.

The pool needs to be renovated and wasn't inviting at all. It seemed like it was a wading pool that was just carved out of the concrete flooring. Not an ounce of charm. It did nothing to enhance the frontage of the hotel. It really is a pity because the location of the hotel is very prime but management needs to train their restaurant and front desk staff (they could not give me a convincing explanation as to why our room was not ready at the designated check in time), repair leaks and hot water provision in the bathroom, add amenities a full length mirror in the bedroom, change their cheap complimentary toiletries, change and invest on better mattresses, make sure that housekeeping really checks on the quality of the beddings and make sure they were laundered properly.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank AnaZuLu
Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We came here for the afternoon to hang out. During peak season they have a minimum spend of 2,000 pesos, which you can use for food and drink.

This place is in a fantastic spot on station one, the loungers are great and the DJ created a really chilled afternoon!

Where I would fault them is there service is shockingly bad! The tables have call buttons, which waiters don't respond to. The waiters forgot out drinks order about 4 times and when the drinks did come they only brought half of the drinks for the table. The food we tried 3 of the meals, all of which were tasteless and overcooked!

It's a shame as this otherwise would have been a perfect afternoon....

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JulzDXB
Hi, happy to hear you loved the beach lounge! Newly renovated and you took full advantage which we couldn't be more happy about! The service as we are aware in this industry is the most difficult to master. We are working hard towards lifting the standards of service on the island, starting with ourselves. Thank you for the constructive criticism. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Taguig City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

we only stayed at this hotel for one night, recommended by my uncle who happens to be a good friend of the hotel owner. As we were in a hurry looking for a hotel for our last night stay in Bora, the owner gave us a big discount and told us that the room will be tiny. To our surprise, the room wasn't tiny at all! It had 1 queen size bed and 1 extra single bed with a huge air conditioner which my bf really loved!
The food was also delicious with reasonable prices. My friends love to hang out in the bar as well because of their Happy Hour!so relaxing with a beautiful view of the beach! :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Last minute room and it worked out! great :) you are correct, the rooms are quite large! see you next time!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

the free shuttle service back and forth to boracay port was very helpful. very accommodating staffs that always smile and greet us.the room is spacious, clean and very homey.breakfast was scrumptious! the location is perfect, located in station1. not crowded, peaceful, clean beach front and very relaxing. special thanks to ms. neva and ms. karen. thank you for the free room upgrade. i will definitely go back to your resort. thank you for your warm accommodation we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Thanks for your review! We are happy to hear you loved your experience with us, se you again soon!
Muntinlupa, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have always loved white house and I've led so many friends to stay there. The last time I stayed in white house was in december 2012 and I had no problems. Some of the staff were still friendly and nice but here are the negative things that I experienced

1. They cleaned my room but just the bed and maybe some sweeping. We had soiled towels that they didnt take for days

2. We had a coffee cup that was there since thursday that they didnt take till we left on monday.

3. Empty water bottles were left instead of being thrown out

4. I LOST MY BAG IN THE ROOM. One of the few times we left the keys with front office. I am not blaming anyone but they werent even HELPFUL IMPLYING THAT I WAS DRUNK AND LOST IT. When i remember correctly that it was in the room before I left for dinner cause I only brought my phone. I wanted to see the cctv video but they werent minding me when I said so I had to walk out out of frustration because there were guests and I didnt want to cause a scene.

5. Never got an apology or empathy I lost my bag and wallet all my id's and no help from any of the staff. They wouldnt even let me extend check out since we were frantically looking for it.

6. I asked them to book a transfer to kalibo at the last minute they informed me they didnt book it.

7. My friend also lost his passport in our room. Again no remorse or empathy from the staff

• Stayed October 2013
8 Thank AimieBellosillo
Cumbria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently went for cocktails and dinner at The White House. Both were great! The cocktail bar round the pool offers a fabulous view over White Beach, rightly awarded best beach in the World. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the snacks were great. The meal in the dining room was absolutely first class. The chef is an award winner, and it shows. I had Carrot and coriander soup, and was knocked out by the flavour, the salad was really fresh, and had a superb dressing. I had steak for the main course, and it was beautifully cooked, with a really tasty assortment of vegetables. The whole was topped off by a dessert of the chef's devising, which was a fine end to a really lovely meal. The chef came out at the end, and was glad to share some of his secrets!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ushkas, Manager at White House Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hi, thank you for the Station Juan experience review! We are all really happy with the response of this new addition, thank you for joining us. See you again soon.