“Needs more refurbishing...”

Ranked #50 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Manila, Philippines
“Needs more refurbishing...”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The room we had was big. There was a queen (maybe a full) and a single bed. The bed drooped in the middle so it was quite uncomfortable. I ended up sleeping in the single while my husband slept in the queen. The bathroom needs to be updated badly! The shower head was covered in mildew. We stayed on the 2nd floor which really did suck big time since we had noisy neighbors who liked to drink and chitchat in the balcony. Problem is, it echoes in the 2nd floor. Probably better in the ground floor.

The staff was nice though. Very accommodating.

Location is great - station 1.

Room Tip: Try the first floor rooms or the new building in the back. These might be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ushkas, Manager at White House Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thanks for your review, see you next time and we will put you ground for sure. May we know which room had the faulty faucet. thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
manila
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Resort's location is good and not overcrowded unlike station 2 and 3. There's a free ride going to dmall but you have to walk or take a tricycle going back to the resort. Walking back to the resort is quite far and if you forgot something and wanted to go back it's better to take a tricycle. Beach area is wide enough and there are available table and seats for checkin clients to relax and enjoy the view of the beach. They also have a small pool and a bar that can also view the beach. Outsiders can also eat and have drinks in this resort which limits the availabilty of tables for checked in customers especially the area fronting the beach. It would be better if outsiders will only have designated areas. Breakfast during our stay is only ala carte. I was expecting a buffet and for fresh fruits. Rooms are big enough for 4 people. It doesnt smell old and was well maintained. I dont really need a wifi connection but for people who needed it, its quite slow. We waited for 30 mins before they were able to pick us up going to the resort. During check out, a day before we informed them about our flight sched and requested to bring us back to the terminal at 11.30. Before 11.30 they told us that we need to go since there is another customer waiting to be picked up. So we gathered our things then went to the reception area immediately only to find out that the van has left. The next thing they offered since the van will be back after 20 mins was to take a tricycle. They offered to pay for it but we didnt accept it since it will be very inconvenient for us. We did not take the tricycle and waited until a van can bring us to our destination. We left the resort almost 12pm and our flight is 1pm. Luckily we were able to catch our flight back to Manila. We booked in this hotel for the good service and accomodation. But we only got the good accomodation.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

White House Beach Resort was not my first choice when we were looking for a place to stay. My sisster persuaded me becauae she told me that Kuya Kim Atienza has stayed here. So, when I heard bout this I immediately thought the service and amenities mut be really excellent. But, NO!

SERVICE

INCIDENT 1: The van that should be pick us up was LATE. Even if we have advised them ahead of time (NOTE: I have called the hotel when we have boarded the boat as what was requested to us by the hotel receptionist and yet we have to wait about 30 mins).

INCIDENT 2: Since hotel is in station 1, hotel provided service going to D'Mall. However, on our last day, when we asked the attendant for a shuttle going to D'Mall the he told us that he is not permitted to drive and should advise the reception area regarding our request because there is no DRIVER. I was dismayed by this sudden change of policy even if client is irrate already. The hotel should have not promised that such service is available since they cannot accommodate client on this.

INCIDENT 3: A day before, the hotel confirmed us the time we would like to leave the hotel. 11 mins before our confirmed time, receptionist called us and said if we could leave a little early than what we requested since they still need to pick up a guest from the port area. Unfortunately, my sister is in the bathroom, due to call of nature. Immediately afyer my sister was done, we headed down just to find out that there was NO SHUTTLE waiting for us.

ROOM

Towels are dirty white already...good as rug. My sister evem found hair on the new towel that was provided.

KUYA RONNIE

After such experience, I said I will never go back to this hotel. However, because of Kuya Ronnie (who drove us to the port), may be I will give it another chance since we are planning to go on diving. And Kuya Ronnie will assist us. But, will definitely think a hundred times if ill opt to relax only.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Minnie R
Thank you for your post, sad to hear your experience was not up to your standards! Please do visit us again soon, kindly forward your details before hand for personalised butler services if you wish. The van s are usually spot on, too bad yours was a miss. Cheers.
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the White House very much! We stayed here for 3 weeks.

Plus:

The hotel are perfect when travelling with small children.

The rooms are nice.

Beds and pillows are nice and soft.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. We just loved Brian who works here. In total, everyone were so friendly here. Darlene - the manager was very helpful and nice.

It has a great location on White beach, station 1.

The new Lounge is very nice. We enjoyed it very much - almost every day. The loungemusic were really good.

The food and drinks were great.

Minus:

The pool need a facelift, and to be cleaned more often.

The beach chairs are comfy but you can't adjust them.

The shower in the bathrooms doesn't work properly; sometimes there's water, sometimes not so much. Sometimes not at all.

Loungemusic started a little bit early, it would be nice to just relax and hear the ocean in the morning. Sometimes it was too loud music, during the day.

Breakfast was really poor.

Quite noisy from the street and employees during nighttime. (employees using "walkie talkies") It felt like there were no glasdoors at all-so loud could you hear it. (Even with earplugs)

The curtains need to have darker fabric, it felt like there were no curtains at all.

We hope White House will do something about the above, then we certainly will come back again! Thanks for a nice stay!!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Emilia H
Thank you for your review, wow 3 weeks! great! you will be happy to hear there is ongoing refurbishments scheduled :) see you again soon!
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We spent 7 days on Boracay and enjoyed the hotel. We had a pick-up service from the airport (what I'd recommend, coz it's a little complicated to get there: taxi - boat - taxi from airport Caticlan) . The Station 1 is calm and has the perfect beach to chill and have cocktails. good food and friendly staff.
The room is ok - functional and once you get the warm water to work (we had to struggle a bit..) it's fine. of course with Air-Con.
You can't be wrong with Boracay, you'll love it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank lysistrate
Seminyak
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have been to Boracay for eight times and I have stayed in different resorts and hotels that are 4-5 stars but with this resort, I wouldn't even bother giving 1 star. Sure it has a nice facade in the beach area but the rooms are worthless. The locks are broken and the TV isn't even working! Plus, they even tried to give us a normal room instead of the deluxe one that we paid for. They must have thought we wouldn't notice but of course we complained. The music is so loud(even at night) and would be okay if the walls were sound-proof but unfortunately, they were not. Breakfast was a big disappointment. It was not the buffet we've all seen at their website. Service was frustrating. They would make you wait when you inquire of something until another staff comes along to ask you the same question and it goes on and on. Every day there was something new to complain to the front desk. I am telling ALL of you who are thinking of booking with this resort to think thousands of times before booking! I have been all over the world and I may say that this is the worst place I ever stayed in! Don't even think of coming here! Everything is all but a show! Money is a waste if you spend it here. I truly feel as if I was scammed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Barbara G
wow this is a strong post. Thank you for choosing White House but we do not want you to harbour this much anger regarding a hotel experience. Too bad your tine with us was so terrible, mostly happy faces around here so you can understand my horror. We are improving our standards in the busy season and trying to keep up with demand, sure. We hope for your understanding that no establishment is perfect, we strive to ever improve... Thank you for the inspiration. Will we see you again? or is that, that.
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I love staying at the White House. Every time I go to Boracay I do not stay in any other hotel other than the White House. Their staff is friendly and efficient and they always make it a point to make sure that their guests enjoy their stay there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family