“Great location but not as amazing as other reviews make it sound.”

Jony's Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 29 April 2011

The location of this hotel is the best thing abt this, right on the beach on station 1 but very close to station 2, best of both worlds. The rooms were clean and ours was large. The bathroom was fine and clean also but nothing special. We had a balcony facing the beach which was lovely. The front desk staff were good but service was with a functional air rather than a genuine friendliness you get in say Vietnam or Thailand. Staff in the restaurant often had trouble with understanding English and one in particular seemed to enjoy lecturing us about not eating or smoking on the beach - way beyond the point where we had understood the rule. In the late evening  the desk is manned by security guards with very limited English.

Breakfast is basic, my friend found it really salty. Good shakes as everyone has said but otherwise the food here is not great.  There are a limited number of loungers in front and they are not put out in the morning due to high tide. However, there are way too few for the number of guests so you have to get lucky or bag yours early as we found many guests just left their beach towels (jony's give you your own) on loungers then didn't use them for most of the day.
There is a bar with a live band nearby who sang till about 1am so I had to put earphones in to sleep.
All in all,  a decent, but not spectacular hotel experience.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank lycheewaves

Reviewed 21 April 2011

I stayed for 4N, 5D. Jony's was great and welcoming. Staff at the front desk would remember me by name. They were helpful with organizing our excursions.
The rooms were nice and clean. Pretty updated. The keys come on a long shell lanyard with the room number on it, so instead of carrying it around, we would always leave it at the front desk when we would hang out at the beach.
It's just a walk across the backroad, and with the helpful assistance of the security guards, we always got across the road safely.
Location is just right. It's close to the restaurants and nightlife, but far enough away from the loud music and crowds.
Breakfast was good. Shakes were yummy and came in a large tall glass.
Free wifi available, but really slow.
Good value for what it's worth. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank travelbug1215
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I think this is a case of managing one's expectations before arriving. Maybe based on the glowing tripadvisor reviews, I had expected a bit too much - the tiled floors in the room, the toilet that blocked and would not flush, the tired (but clean) towels and bed-clothes, the shower fitting that flooded out of the bath tub onto the floor however carefully one placed the shower curtain - all these things came as a bit of a shock at first. Then I realised that, in reality, this is a basic resort hotel, which provides clean and reasonably comfortable rooms, just across the road from the beach. It is not a city-centre 3 or 4 star hotel, nor does it pretend to be. So, after I had settled that in my mind, I did not bother too much about the closet doors that would barely close, the ancient TV set with unreliable control, and so on.

The staff I met were definitely friendly enough and helpful. Breakfast in the open-air, but covered, eating space across the road was very basic indeed, and would not be enough to fill up anything other than a small adult. There is no buffet selection - it's basically egg, a tinned hot-dog, two slices of airy toast, and juice OR coffee! Just a snack.

The location is good if you are willing to walk for 10 to 15 minutes to get to D'Mall and the real centre of beach activities. And since most guests will be on holiday, I'm sure the walk will be a pleasure, not a burden. It was nice to be located somewhere that was quiet enough, but not cut off from resort life.

Overall, I was content with the stay, but not delighted. The free wifi everywhere was a bonus. Maybe compared with the competition, and based on value-for-money, it deserves it's top ranking on tripadvisor, but if I return to Boracay again, I think I would try one of the many other resorts.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Gemakan
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Right from the get go we were met with amazing service. I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to the La Perla suite upstairs which has an amazingly huge balcony that overlooks the beach. The room itself was fantastic - but what made it such an experience was the level of service that was displayed by all staff members

Breakfast is provided at the restaurant located across the street. After experiencing the same breakfast buffets provided by most other hotels, it was great to have the option of a great tasting breakfast freshly cooked every morning. Oh, and their shakes are out of this world - definitely a highlight of Station 1.

Location wise, it is located on Station 1, which is typically the quieter station of White Beach. Saying that, it is on the cusp of Station 1 and 2, which means it is close to the hustle and bustle of Station 2, whilst being far enough from it for it to seem like a bit more of a personal experience.

In terms of any negatives, the only thing I can think of is the reliability of the hot water system. It seems that you can have long hot showers one time, and then have only 2 minutes of hot water on the next shower - but really, in the grand scheme of things, it is no biggy.

Yes, there are more flashier and prettier resorts out there, but whether or not you'll be getting the same great personalised service is another. I recommend this to anyone who visits Boracay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Juoosh
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Went to Boracy and selected Jony's resort after spending good time on the internet, I must say the choice was not bad,had a good time at their resort which is located just by the beach.
Service is very good, people are very nice!

All in all a good place to splurge in luxury!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Madan R
Reviewed 9 March 2011

I kinda feel bad giving Jony's only 3/5 but in all honesty, that was the experience for us as we ended up changing to a quieter area of Boracay after a couple of days.

Like many have said before, what makes this hotel special is the amazing service. The staff were extremely helpful and all smiles all the time. Also on the positive side, the hotel is very clean and the room we stayed in (super deluxe) was spacious and modern.

However, the location was not for us - it was too noisy with the street and bars right next to the hotel. And although it's not the worst area of White Beach, we felt the amount of people passing by and coming in and out of Jony's restaurant (which is right next to the sun loungers) was too much for a relaxing stay on the beach.

So all in all, a great little hotel if you want to be close to the bars and the action and don't mind a little noise.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank epic_fin
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I, together with my husband and 4 friends stayed at Jonys for 4 days and we were so happy we chose this resort. We felt very much taken cared of during our entire vacation. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. The room did not really wow me but it is spacious and superbly clean. For the value, this is really beyond my expectation!
Will definitely be back in amazing Boracay and will make Jony's our home in Bora :)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple