“Our home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jony's Beach Resort

Jony's Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Quezon City, Philippines
“Our home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

My stay with friends at Jony's last January was not the first time. Actually, it was already my 6th or 7th, within a period of more than 10 years. Despite the sprouting of so many high-end resorts in Boracay, I still come back to Jony's. Why? Because Jony's has and will be my home away from home. Their staff, some of whom I have met the first time 10 years back, seem like family. Their personalized attention give you the feeling of homy atmosphere that other resorts or hotels would probably be just giving you a cold impersonal routine.

Jony's facilities have improved as well. I remember the very first time I stayed there, we took our breakfast in a seemingly makeshift hut just at the entrance to the resort. But even then, while their specialty is Mexican, the brealfast tapsilog was already good! Butt now, with the new wing atop the reception (before it was just several units of nipa huts) and the additon of the second floor to the beachfront restraurant, improvement of the interiors of the old wing, Jony's kept abreast with the developments in Boracay, but still retained that warm, caring and personal feel to the resort.

On a very trivial note though, I would suggest that Jony's replace their pillows with softer and fluffier ones. Maybe convert to 12" or 13" mattresses too! Always good to have a good sleep after a night of partying and drinking!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jun C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

This was my second visit to Boracay and stay at Jony's beach Resort. During this stay I experienced both their superior and deluxe rooms, my friend also stayed in the La Perla suite.
As per my previous stay the staff at Jony's are amazing, always willing to help, go above and beyond and do everything with a smile.
The rooms I stayed in were both clean, spacious and suited my requirements. I personally prefer the deluxe rooms as the rain showers are much bigger and the rooms 200-203 and 300 - 303 are in the reception block so easier to access.
The La perla suite at the back of the block were much bigger and have an open entertaining area which overlooks the ocean, if you had a group of 4 I would book both the suites so you would have the whole area to yourselves.
To sum it all up, when I visit Boracay again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I value great service and you can't fault the staff here at Jony's, they have been fantastic.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms 201 and 301 have 2 balconies
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank the_bman_4
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

The staff were so friendly. We arranged for an airport pickup but there was confusion due to bad reception on my end of the line. They still apologized for the incident. We were welcomed by several of the staff and received complimentary delicious smoothies. The rooms were nicely furnished and very clean.

The hotel isn't on the beach but it's a 10 second walk across the street (which is manned by a hotel/bar security guard to assist in your crossing) to Jony's Restaurant and Bar which is on the beach. They serve a good selection of foods and yummy smoothies.

Overall, a really good stay and I can't find anything fault with the place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Eden Marie L
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I've personally travelled to Boracay 5 times to date, and Jony's has always been my accommodation of choice. What I love about this place is it's convenient and strategic location. It is situated right next to station 2, just at the end of station 1. The beach is clean all the time and it is not as crowded. The rooms are spacious and I love how attentive and accomodating the staff is. Breakfast is always a delight and the smoothies are to die for.

I have recommended Jony's to my friends and relatives and they've all had glowing tales to share. My relatives from Canada just recently stayed here for 3d2n in January 2013 and they've come back with nothing but sweet memories.

Jony's is indeed "my home" in Boracay!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Brownmamba0827
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We have stayed here twice now and have to say its a really enjoyable experience. The hotel is very about 30 metres from the beach which has beautiful white sand washed with clear warm water. The double room in which we stayed was spacious and very clean with a fridge, tea/coffee/kettle, tv, a safe, wifi, shower room and small balcony.

The staff were all very kind and helpful and a credit to the location.

The resturant/bar which is right on the beach is just great, the food is exceptional. There are many choices for breakfast and you wont be disappointed.

The staff at the bar a quick to respond to any request and appeared to really enjoy working there. We really can not fault this location and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We had a first floo room with balcony...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GaryandRuth
JONYSBEACHRESORT, Senior front Officer at Jony's Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at Jony's beach resort.

It is always very rewarding to see that guests enjoyed their time with us - I hope you took away many fond memories.

We look forward to see you again!

Kind regards,
Ms. Kanaway Lacerna
Senior front Officer
Bremen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

The staff at Jony's have really redefined hospitality. They are excellent and accommodating both in the hotel and the restaurant. The location of the hotel is very convenient as it is located right at the end of Station 1 and very close to Station 2 which is where all the action is happening. The hotel rooms were nice the only small complaint I had was that the housekeeping staff would not replace the shower gel and shampoo daily. We were there for 5 days and we had to ask for it to be replaced. On the beach the hotel has sunbeds however at times there were not enough considering the number of persons at the hotel. We can definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frequent T
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Jony’s Beach Resort on tripadvisor. We are delighted that your stay with us was a pleasant one. It is indeed a pleasure to know that your experience with us has left you with a positive impression... We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Once again thank you and looking forward to see on your next visit!

Khaye Lacerna
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I booked and stayed at Jony's for 5d4n from 23 Dec 2013 to 27 Dec 2013. The reviews leading to my booking were all so good that I have to experience it myself.

Much to my delight, from the moment I was welcomed by the staff upon arriving to the day that I left the resort, their service was immpeccable & meticulous.

They did such a great job in arranging my itinerary & going out of their way to make sure that their guest is well taken care of.

Breakfast at the beachfront cafe was good too although selections were pretty limited.

Apart from the air condition of the room which was not really doing its job, the rest of my stay there was just perfect.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SereneBerry
JONYSBEACHRESORT, Senior Front Officer at Jony's Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for selecting Jony’s Beach resort during your stay here in boracay. At the same time we very much appreciate your valuable time taken in placing your comments on trip advisor. Hope you would visit us again.

Once again thank you and we look forward to see you on your next visit!

Kind regards,