“Excellent service, great room, very good location”

Jony's Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The staff were very friendly. We had a little incident with airport pickup, but they handled it very professionally and in addition they upgraded us to La Concha suite, which was the best. Their restaurant (food, staff etc) is also very good. Location is perfect, not in station 2 (which is very noisy part) and at the same time only couple of minutes walk to station 2.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
JONYSBEACHRESORT, Senior front Officer at Jony's Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for selecting Jony’s Beach resort during your stay here in boracay. At the same time we very much appreciate your valuable time taken in placing your comments on trip advisor. Hope you would visit us again.

Once again thank you and looking forward to see you on your next visit!

Kind regards,

Ms. Kanaway Lacerna

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was our first visit to Boracay and Jony's was the perfect location. It's situated on the perfect stretch of beach with a view of Willy's Rock and just a short walk to where all the action is. Make sure to make friends with the staff, especially Tony, who reserved beach chairs and umbrellas for us. The rooms are comfortable (not high end), but you will not be spending too much time in the rooms anyway. You do have to cross the main street to get to the beach and restaurant, but there is always a crossing guard to help you. The food at the restaurant was great! Who knew you could find great Mexican food in the Philippines! P.s. Be sure to also check out the Greek restaurant at D-Mall!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Jony's is located near the northwestern end of White Beach, where things are less congested and a bit more relaxed than at the center of the island. The hotel and restaurant essentially straddle the island's main road, which makes getting to the beach, getting a ride, or getting to the restaurant perfectly simple. The rooms are large and comfortable, clean and well equipped, and modernly furnished. The staff is exceptional, setting a standard that had my small group of friend insisting that we return to Boracay, and to Jony's. The staff quickly knew our individual names, offered advice and services readily, and showed a positive attitude and level of enthusiasm that was refreshing. Every question got answered, every request was quickly and effectively worked, and every visit to the front desk reminded us that we were on vacation, and that the people working at Jony's sincerely wanted us to have a fantastic time. The hotel and staff delivered in the most professional, polite, and competent way, over and over again. We salute them, and look forward to seeing them again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here back in 2009, they were very nice and the rooms are very clean. They even helped my husband surprise me with a romantic dinner on the beach with a guy serenading us + cake + yummy dinner. It was what made us want to come back to them! =)

My husband and I returned in 2010, however, we were slightly disappointed by one of the "gay waiters" at the Jony's restaurant. At first, he was very nice. However, when we woke up a little late during our 2nd breakfast there, he refused to give us breakfast since we did not make it in time for the "cut off". He kept making faces at us (made us very uncomfortable) since we still insisted on claiming our free breakfast since there were hardly any customers at the resto anyway. In fact, it was only me and my husband at the resto!!! If it wasn't for this BAKLA / GAY waiter, we would have had another mind blowing time.

Currently, I just booked another stay at Jony's, we're going back this 2014. A bit of a misunderstanding with the reservations officer - Milez since I clearly specified over the phone to charge the full amount to our credit card so that we didn't have to worry about paying the rest upon arrival... I kept saying it over and over again over the phone and she seemed to be in a hurry to process the transaction. I also insisted on staying on the phone since I had called 2 weeks ago asking for details, she promised to send them but DID NOT. Which is why I had to call back - she processed my payment over the phone and promised to email me back in 15 mins. Two (2) hours later, the email finally arrives. I discover that she only processed the down payment. I had to call back AGAIN. (long distance I might add). =(

Anyways, little by little I'm getting slightly disappointed with Jony's services. I was really WOW'ed when we first stayed there but quality seems to be going down. Hopefully they will keep their excellent service as this is the only reason why we ONLY think of Jony's each time we go to Boracay, EVEN IF THEIR rates are bit STEEP, we still go back because of the clean rooms and the yummy food. I guess they just need to pick the staff they hire.

Room Tip: If they have rooms available, they will upgrade you to KING SIZED bed for free. So ask them about th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
JONYSBEACHRESORT, Senior front Officer at Jony's Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your descriptive and thoughtful feedback. It’s always great to hear what guests think about their experiences and it also helps us to improve upon the service we provide. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and we are already looking into what exactly happened and how we can further enhance those areas to better suit our guests.

For your future visit hope we can show you just how your comments have made a difference in the services we provide.

Thank you and we are looking forward for your visit!

Kanaway Lacerna
Senior Front Officer

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My stay with friends at Jony's last January was not the first time. Actually, it was already my 6th or 7th, within a period of more than 10 years. Despite the sprouting of so many high-end resorts in Boracay, I still come back to Jony's. Why? Because Jony's has and will be my home away from home. Their staff, some of whom I have met the first time 10 years back, seem like family. Their personalized attention give you the feeling of homy atmosphere that other resorts or hotels would probably be just giving you a cold impersonal routine.

Jony's facilities have improved as well. I remember the very first time I stayed there, we took our breakfast in a seemingly makeshift hut just at the entrance to the resort. But even then, while their specialty is Mexican, the brealfast tapsilog was already good! Butt now, with the new wing atop the reception (before it was just several units of nipa huts) and the additon of the second floor to the beachfront restraurant, improvement of the interiors of the old wing, Jony's kept abreast with the developments in Boracay, but still retained that warm, caring and personal feel to the resort.

On a very trivial note though, I would suggest that Jony's replace their pillows with softer and fluffier ones. Maybe convert to 12" or 13" mattresses too! Always good to have a good sleep after a night of partying and drinking!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jun C
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This was my second visit to Boracay and stay at Jony's beach Resort. During this stay I experienced both their superior and deluxe rooms, my friend also stayed in the La Perla suite.
As per my previous stay the staff at Jony's are amazing, always willing to help, go above and beyond and do everything with a smile.
The rooms I stayed in were both clean, spacious and suited my requirements. I personally prefer the deluxe rooms as the rain showers are much bigger and the rooms 200-203 and 300 - 303 are in the reception block so easier to access.
The La perla suite at the back of the block were much bigger and have an open entertaining area which overlooks the ocean, if you had a group of 4 I would book both the suites so you would have the whole area to yourselves.
To sum it all up, when I visit Boracay again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I value great service and you can't fault the staff here at Jony's, they have been fantastic.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms 201 and 301 have 2 balconies
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank the_bman_4
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The staff were so friendly. We arranged for an airport pickup but there was confusion due to bad reception on my end of the line. They still apologized for the incident. We were welcomed by several of the staff and received complimentary delicious smoothies. The rooms were nicely furnished and very clean.

The hotel isn't on the beach but it's a 10 second walk across the street (which is manned by a hotel/bar security guard to assist in your crossing) to Jony's Restaurant and Bar which is on the beach. They serve a good selection of foods and yummy smoothies.

Overall, a really good stay and I can't find anything fault with the place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family