“Great value for best location on the white beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jony's Beach Resort

Jony's Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
hong kong
“Great value for best location on the white beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

We booked 3 nights in a super deluxe room at Jony's beach resort and had a great time. We moved to monaco suites for the second half of our trip (1br apartment that is around double the price) and wished we could go back to Jony's!!

Positives:
- The location is unbeatable: It is in a relatively quiet area of the white beach between boat station 1 and 2. You get the tranquility of station 1, but you are just a short walk away from the buzz of station 2.
- Very friendly staff who can't do enough for you, but will leave you alone when you don't want to be bothered.
- The restaurant is surprisingly good!! Try the pork adobo with garlic rice for breakfast. Their regular menu is actually much better than the free breakfast suggests.

Negatives.
- Rooms are just ok.. No frills, but good value for the price.
- loud airconditioner

I will be back!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yamachika

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gravesend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2010

We had a fantastic stay at Jonys! From start to finish it was stress free! Camilla the receptionist and Rey from the restaurant were both stars! All the staff were actually pleasant and polite, all of them happy to be of service!

Now, the hotel is not by the beach. Having said this, its only 10 steps away. Dont let this affect your decision. Beleive me it does not matter at all. The hotel grounds are kept clean at all times. The rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms are big and very modern. There is cable television and hair dryer as well. There is no safe in the room but you can deposit your valueables in the reception, they will pack in a bag and you sign it once sealed. There is a well stocked coffe and tea facility which is a nice touch, you can have a nice cuppa on your own veranda!

The beach front restaurant serves the best milkshake in Boracay. My husbands favorite is the Banana and Peanut Butter! This is where they serve breakfast too and one you will thoroughly enjoy at that!

The best thing about this hotel is that its close enough to all the bars and restaurants but far away enough when you are finished!

Book in Jonys and you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mrs_mackay
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

My friend and I stayed at Jony's Beach Resort from 24 to 27 November 2010. From the very moment we arrived at Jony's, we were warmly greeted by the counter staff and made to feel welcomed. The friendly atmosphere was indeed gladly received after twelve grueling hours of travel.

The Super Deluxe room was newly renovated and very spacious, even better than my expectations after reading raving reviews here. In addition, it was always promptly and neatly tidied the moment we returned from breakfast.

Other than the amenities, I would also like to commend the security guards for ensuring our safety whenever we crossed the road (traffic there is a bit unpredictable). They were always on the look out for vehicles and helped to direct traffic so that we were able to cross without harm.

Although all members of the staff were cheery and helpful, Ms. Rev took additional effort to coordinate several activities (para-sailing, ATV and in-room massage) for us. We had a hard time finding affordable rates and Rev succeeded in sourcing operators for us efficiently and effectively.

Lastly, I did not manage to take down the names of the staff but I was really grateful as they put together breakfast for us at 4.30am, so that we would not go hungry on our 6am flight, as well as flagging down a tricycle for us to get to the boat station on time.

However, there was just one bit that I was not very happy about. The ocean-view room that we were promised was not exactly ocean view. It was blocked by an abundance of trees and a couple of restaurants. Also, the resort wasn't on the actual beach and it was separated by a slip of road.

That said, the service standard there is undeniable tip-top.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank hoppingroundtheworld
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

I decided on Jony's resort after reading some positive reviews and also the package deals provided which is pretty attractive. My friends and I took up the 6 days 5 nights package which saves us the time and effort to plan some activities in Boracay. Ms Rev has been liasing with me over the booking and she has been very prompt in my queries and thus making the booking very smooth for me.

The day of checking into Jony's happened to be my birthday! Unexpectedly, I got a surprise birthday cake and song from Jony's (Ms Rev and her colleagues) staff. This is really great as it is my first time having a surprise party from my hotel.

All the days in Jony's has been great, in terms of food, friendly staff and the components covered by the package deal. I think safety and happiness are the main objectives from Jonys as the staff ensures our safety by guiding us to cross the road to the restaurant as well as making sure we are happy during our days there.

I never regretted staying at Jony's and highly recommend their excellent service for your trip to Boracay.

Other information:
- Accessibility to D'mall, Talipapa etc can be via the local tri-motorcycle. It is pretty cheap, about PHP7 per pax (need to negoitiate before boarding). IIn fact, you can take a slow stroll along the beach to D'mall after a meal...it is refreshing and a good form of exercise.
- You can sign up for activities such as paraw sailing or ATV. It is absolutely fun...:)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank ngbonbon
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

I love Jony's! The staff were always smiling and helpful. Their smoothies are pretty damn good. The Filipino breakfasts were tasty. The staff hooked me up with one of their watersports friend and got me a fair deal. They even help us with prices for the beach vendors.

The location was at the end of Station one, next to a private property, which creates a somewhat private beach for yourself. Less people and vendors. Yes, you have to cross the street to get to the beach, but that was NOT a problem at all, literally 1 minute from your room door to the beach. Also, walking distance to a few clubs if thats your thing.

The only negative things were their Mexican food was not that good. Stick to their Filipino food. The other problem was my room's bathroom. It initially had no hot water, but when they fixed it, we only got lukewarm temperature. This is probably isolated to the room that we got because I didn't see other problems on the other reviews. Also, they only had liquid shower gel but not face towels/body scrub. After a long day at the beach, I wanted to scrub down with hot water. Oh well. Tip: Bring your own bar soap and or face towel.
Because of the awesome staff, I couldn't deduct a star for the bathroom issues.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eshia01
Shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

Jony's is one of the most memorable part of my last year's vacation in Boracay. It's not that luxury comparing with other big or more famous hotel. But it's confortable enough for us to stay, considering its fair price and excellent service. Everything's wonderful here -- the reception, the accomondation, the view, the beach in front of the hotel, esp. the service and the promotion package provided by Jony's -- everything is perfect!!! I will definitely choose Jony's again if I will go back to Boracay someday.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Vallejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

This was our very first time at Boracay. I searched for hotels online and found the reviews of Jony's Beach Resort to be quite superb. So we decided to take the chance on the great reviews and booked a 3day 2nights package with airport transfers, 1hour couple massage, and island hopping, free breakfast, one free lunch and dinner. Jony's Beach Resort is literally 10 steps from the front of the hotel to beach. Once we arrived at Caticlan our airport transfers were prompt on taking us to our destinations. We were greeted with towels by a Jony employee for it was pouring rain the day we arrived. We also received our complimentary mango smoothie which was delicious. The staff at Jony's was great. I definitely want to commend Rev for the quick reply to all my questions by email. Ging was also great and very friendly. At the restaurant Ray and Arjay are great waiters. Don't get me wrong all the staff was great at Jony's. They greeted you each time you passed by. There is also a security guard that will stop traffic for you to cross the street from the hotel to their restaurant. I believe this is in a great spot which is Station 1, no vendors approaching you and if they did there is a guard to fend them away and ensure that they are legitimate vendors. Jony's was a great hotel. I would definitely go back again. I was very pleased at my stay here at Jony's Beach Resort. The room was clean, staff was great and the beach just steps away. FOOD was also GREAT. You definitely have to try the smoothies. Couldn't have asked for more. Thank you Jony's for a great stay!!!! We will recommend you to all our friends and family. Our next stay in Boracay will be at Jony's Beach Resort.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family