“Smiliest service ever” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
New York City, New York
“Smiliest service ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

It's a fair trek to Boracay, even from Hong Kong, so we were grimy and tired when we arrived. At first, I wasn't blown away with the room (#203) but it grew on me - the bed was comfy, there was a balcony, and wifi worked. It was basic but all you need on an island. We stayed five nights and didn't want to leave.

The hotel is literally steps from the beach, there are reserved sunloungers for hotel guests, and there's a decent restaurant with a large menu serving Filipino, Western, and Mexican (!) food all day long - including breakfast. (And not too expensive - other places up and down the beach were more $$$.)

The staff were super-friendly and we had no problems at all.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank coco9nyc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

Just want to compliment the staff at Jony's for their superior customer service. Our stay in this resort is one of the best thus far from the many places we've visited and stayed at during our trip to the Philippines. The rooms are big and very clean and the location perfect for a quiet and relaxing vacation and yet only a short walk away from action. The relaxed ambiance of the resort makes you feel right at home. I hope to come back there again with the rest of my family, someday soon.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teswa
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

I can highly recommend Jonys for anyone travelling to Boracay. The staff in both the hotel and restaurant were friendly and very helpfull. The rooms were well cleaned every day. The best rooms where in the newer part of the building.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank nwilcox
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

Jonys was actually just third in my lists on hotels that I have in mind, first was originally Boracay Regency, and Royal Park, I have read extensively the reviews and since I want to try new hotels and have stayed before with Boracay Regency I opted for personalised serviced so the search comes down into 2 hotels which is Royal Park and Jonys but due to some things and payment mode I have opted for Jonys which I find it more convenient in paying advance deposits which I dont need to go to bank to to transfer money and I jus need to pay a certain amount to guarantee my booking.

I have selected the 4days and 3 nights package with Super Delux Room which is not actually on the original package where in we added only 700 pesos I think for the upgrade of rooms, the package includes daily set breakfast, one time dinner, Island hopping, and 1 hour in room massage. From inquiry I wish to commend "Ging " for answering all my queries everything was prompt either text or email messages she will answer my questions fasts and every booking details was handled perfectly. Our flight was delayed for almost 6 hours and diverted to Kalibo that was a bad start on our holiday because of Cebu Pacific, but appreciated the hotels concerned by asking where are our where abouts since its almost past 5pm we are still hitting the road going to Caticlan, we are actually 5 person in the same flight that is delayed that will be staying on Jonys we were greeted by "NEL" in the pier, the transfer was not that swift since its raining and we were on multiple bus so I think there is the confusion from South west started it was not clear if I need to pay for a fee but I remember that transfer was included already so I called Jonys to ask where is the person that will fetch us in Caticlan it takes few minutes and I was already inside the waiting area before I found the guy that will fetch us seems to be awkward that we are supposed to look for them instead of looking for us but its ok not a big deal. Now about the welcome drinks, it was ineed a good one I like it very much fresh mango juice I hope it was tall glass because it was not enough for me :). The rooms is spacious enough, bed is ok as well as the pillows, during the first night we had problems on the shower drainage I have called reception and immediately someone comes to fix it even after 10pm. One thing my wife notice that bed sheets or the comforter was not changed for the whole stay since she told me that she knew it was not changed because she always looked for a mark everytime we are staying on a hotel and she was very keen on that even on towels but not me :) and also I was told that there is a safe in the super delux rooms during the booking but there is none when we arrived and was told that it maybe not working so it was taken out, so I needed deposit my laptop and wallets on the reception everytime we goes out. Towels were provided if your going to the beach and you could bring it everywhere on the island just return it afterwards otherwise you will be charge if you lost it. FOOD about the food the Caesars salad was a bit salty I dont know if its the bacon,salt or the cheese that makes it a bit salty even one of the guest that was eating beside us commented on it but the main dish which I orderd the oh by the way the lamb is out of stock so I tried the steak and it was ok and the shrimp for my wife. daily set breakfast was just ok we tried the pork adobo and beef tapa and thats what we have in 3 days for breakfast Filipino food :)

Location
Location was perfect even though its not exactly on the beach its just a few steps away and there is always somebody that will assists you to cross the road kudos to the front desks people they will always greet you with a smile on their faces.

Over all I rate Jonys as Very Good on customer service, even though there are few missed things which I think is normal, their true service to their guest is covers for it and I was just hoping that service charge for credit card payents should be dropped or lessened.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mastercooks
hong kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

We booked 3 nights in a super deluxe room at Jony's beach resort and had a great time. We moved to monaco suites for the second half of our trip (1br apartment that is around double the price) and wished we could go back to Jony's!!

Positives:
- The location is unbeatable: It is in a relatively quiet area of the white beach between boat station 1 and 2. You get the tranquility of station 1, but you are just a short walk away from the buzz of station 2.
- Very friendly staff who can't do enough for you, but will leave you alone when you don't want to be bothered.
- The restaurant is surprisingly good!! Try the pork adobo with garlic rice for breakfast. Their regular menu is actually much better than the free breakfast suggests.

Negatives.
- Rooms are just ok.. No frills, but good value for the price.
- loud airconditioner

I will be back!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yamachika
Gravesend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2010

We had a fantastic stay at Jonys! From start to finish it was stress free! Camilla the receptionist and Rey from the restaurant were both stars! All the staff were actually pleasant and polite, all of them happy to be of service!

Now, the hotel is not by the beach. Having said this, its only 10 steps away. Dont let this affect your decision. Beleive me it does not matter at all. The hotel grounds are kept clean at all times. The rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms are big and very modern. There is cable television and hair dryer as well. There is no safe in the room but you can deposit your valueables in the reception, they will pack in a bag and you sign it once sealed. There is a well stocked coffe and tea facility which is a nice touch, you can have a nice cuppa on your own veranda!

The beach front restaurant serves the best milkshake in Boracay. My husbands favorite is the Banana and Peanut Butter! This is where they serve breakfast too and one you will thoroughly enjoy at that!

The best thing about this hotel is that its close enough to all the bars and restaurants but far away enough when you are finished!

Book in Jonys and you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mrs_mackay
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

My friend and I stayed at Jony's Beach Resort from 24 to 27 November 2010. From the very moment we arrived at Jony's, we were warmly greeted by the counter staff and made to feel welcomed. The friendly atmosphere was indeed gladly received after twelve grueling hours of travel.

The Super Deluxe room was newly renovated and very spacious, even better than my expectations after reading raving reviews here. In addition, it was always promptly and neatly tidied the moment we returned from breakfast.

Other than the amenities, I would also like to commend the security guards for ensuring our safety whenever we crossed the road (traffic there is a bit unpredictable). They were always on the look out for vehicles and helped to direct traffic so that we were able to cross without harm.

Although all members of the staff were cheery and helpful, Ms. Rev took additional effort to coordinate several activities (para-sailing, ATV and in-room massage) for us. We had a hard time finding affordable rates and Rev succeeded in sourcing operators for us efficiently and effectively.

Lastly, I did not manage to take down the names of the staff but I was really grateful as they put together breakfast for us at 4.30am, so that we would not go hungry on our 6am flight, as well as flagging down a tricycle for us to get to the boat station on time.

However, there was just one bit that I was not very happy about. The ocean-view room that we were promised was not exactly ocean view. It was blocked by an abundance of trees and a couple of restaurants. Also, the resort wasn't on the actual beach and it was separated by a slip of road.

That said, the service standard there is undeniable tip-top.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends