“This place is a 'must' to consider when visiting Boracay”

Jony's Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Many of the reviews on Boracay on trip Advisor have been found to be disappointing. As reported elsewhere we have not experienced this prior to our visit to this island.

Our visit to Boracay had been planned and influenced by friends and Trip Advisor reviews. After a period of involved searches of the internet we had chosen either Jony Beach resort or Daves Straw Hat. We [I] made the wrong decision and booked at Daves Straw Hat - wrong! wrong! wrong!.

While holidaying on Boracay and after being disappointed with our pre-paid accom. we sought to inspect Jonys. We found the establishment on Station 1, the restaurant ideally situated on the beautiful white sand beach and the resort immediately to the rear.

We attended the reception and were greeted by willing staff. It was explained that we were being accommodated elsewhere. We were offered an escorted tour of the building and were shown truely deluxe rooms. The rates are reasonable [incl breakfast] and a discount is offered for 4 or more days!

The photographs on the Trip Advisor do not do this place justice. I would consider that the rating is 'understated' unlike other places on this island.

If conditions haven't changed later in the year we will seek to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Richard4801

Reviewed 18 February 2011

- booking was smooth, friendly, payment was trouble-free and swift.
- airport pick-up was comfortable, their agency who picked us up at the airport was organised.
- Hotel was located at Station 1, calm and classy ( i love it) however if you want noise, just walk 5 minutes to reach Station 2.
- check in with welcome drinks was great, staff were helpful.
- Hotel room is above expectation. Room was clean, no insects, bathroom was so nice, I love the black marble sink's table and the big mirror.
- everytime we cross the street to go to the restaurant or seashore, they have a stand by security guard to help hotel guest cross the street.
- Restaurant was located at the seashore, we literally stepping on the white sand white having breafast, staff are unbelievably friendly, smiling at all times and I am sure they are not doing it for work only, they let me feel like I am having meal at home served by my siblings. My Canadian husband was very happy with the customer service. They are part of the Jony's gem.
- Food was really really good and smoothie was so good as well.

1  Thank Andrew_Michelle
Reviewed 14 February 2011

It's a fair trek to Boracay, even from Hong Kong, so we were grimy and tired when we arrived. At first, I wasn't blown away with the room (#203) but it grew on me - the bed was comfy, there was a balcony, and wifi worked. It was basic but all you need on an island. We stayed five nights and didn't want to leave.

The hotel is literally steps from the beach, there are reserved sunloungers for hotel guests, and there's a decent restaurant with a large menu serving Filipino, Western, and Mexican (!) food all day long - including breakfast. (And not too expensive - other places up and down the beach were more $$$.)

The staff were super-friendly and we had no problems at all.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coco9nyc
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Just want to compliment the staff at Jony's for their superior customer service. Our stay in this resort is one of the best thus far from the many places we've visited and stayed at during our trip to the Philippines. The rooms are big and very clean and the location perfect for a quiet and relaxing vacation and yet only a short walk away from action. The relaxed ambiance of the resort makes you feel right at home. I hope to come back there again with the rest of my family, someday soon.

1  Thank teswa
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I can highly recommend Jonys for anyone travelling to Boracay. The staff in both the hotel and restaurant were friendly and very helpfull. The rooms were well cleaned every day. The best rooms where in the newer part of the building.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank nwilcox
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Jonys was actually just third in my lists on hotels that I have in mind, first was originally Boracay Regency, and Royal Park, I have read extensively the reviews and since I want to try new hotels and have stayed before with Boracay Regency I opted for personalised serviced so the search comes down into 2 hotels which is Royal Park and Jonys but due to some things and payment mode I have opted for Jonys which I find it more convenient in paying advance deposits which I dont need to go to bank to to transfer money and I jus need to pay a certain amount to guarantee my booking.

I have selected the 4days and 3 nights package with Super Delux Room which is not actually on the original package where in we added only 700 pesos I think for the upgrade of rooms, the package includes daily set breakfast, one time dinner, Island hopping, and 1 hour in room massage. From inquiry I wish to commend "Ging " for answering all my queries everything was prompt either text or email messages she will answer my questions fasts and every booking details was handled perfectly. Our flight was delayed for almost 6 hours and diverted to Kalibo that was a bad start on our holiday because of Cebu Pacific, but appreciated the hotels concerned by asking where are our where abouts since its almost past 5pm we are still hitting the road going to Caticlan, we are actually 5 person in the same flight that is delayed that will be staying on Jonys we were greeted by "NEL" in the pier, the transfer was not that swift since its raining and we were on multiple bus so I think there is the confusion from South west started it was not clear if I need to pay for a fee but I remember that transfer was included already so I called Jonys to ask where is the person that will fetch us in Caticlan it takes few minutes and I was already inside the waiting area before I found the guy that will fetch us seems to be awkward that we are supposed to look for them instead of looking for us but its ok not a big deal. Now about the welcome drinks, it was ineed a good one I like it very much fresh mango juice I hope it was tall glass because it was not enough for me :). The rooms is spacious enough, bed is ok as well as the pillows, during the first night we had problems on the shower drainage I have called reception and immediately someone comes to fix it even after 10pm. One thing my wife notice that bed sheets or the comforter was not changed for the whole stay since she told me that she knew it was not changed because she always looked for a mark everytime we are staying on a hotel and she was very keen on that even on towels but not me :) and also I was told that there is a safe in the super delux rooms during the booking but there is none when we arrived and was told that it maybe not working so it was taken out, so I needed deposit my laptop and wallets on the reception everytime we goes out. Towels were provided if your going to the beach and you could bring it everywhere on the island just return it afterwards otherwise you will be charge if you lost it. FOOD about the food the Caesars salad was a bit salty I dont know if its the bacon,salt or the cheese that makes it a bit salty even one of the guest that was eating beside us commented on it but the main dish which I orderd the oh by the way the lamb is out of stock so I tried the steak and it was ok and the shrimp for my wife. daily set breakfast was just ok we tried the pork adobo and beef tapa and thats what we have in 3 days for breakfast Filipino food :)

Location
Location was perfect even though its not exactly on the beach its just a few steps away and there is always somebody that will assists you to cross the road kudos to the front desks people they will always greet you with a smile on their faces.

Over all I rate Jonys as Very Good on customer service, even though there are few missed things which I think is normal, their true service to their guest is covers for it and I was just hoping that service charge for credit card payents should be dropped or lessened.

2  Thank mastercooks
Reviewed 22 December 2010

We booked 3 nights in a super deluxe room at Jony's beach resort and had a great time. We moved to monaco suites for the second half of our trip (1br apartment that is around double the price) and wished we could go back to Jony's!!

Positives:
- The location is unbeatable: It is in a relatively quiet area of the white beach between boat station 1 and 2. You get the tranquility of station 1, but you are just a short walk away from the buzz of station 2.
- Very friendly staff who can't do enough for you, but will leave you alone when you don't want to be bothered.
- The restaurant is surprisingly good!! Try the pork adobo with garlic rice for breakfast. Their regular menu is actually much better than the free breakfast suggests.

Negatives.
- Rooms are just ok.. No frills, but good value for the price.
- loud airconditioner