“Nice place, great location”

Bamboo Bungalow Rest Houses
Ranked #96 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Slovenia
“Nice place, great location”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Bamboo Bungalows has a great location if you dont need peace and quiteness. Boat station 2, very near the D*mall, where you can find many different restaurants with food from all around the World and many little shops with souvenirs. There is a place with fire dancers where Diva Carla Mendoza is the star just 3 minutes walk From Bamboo. Boat station 1 with clubs and good shisha in Marocco restaurant are pretty close too. With the sea view room you can see White beach through the Palm trees. Garden and breakfast area are also nice.
Overall It is a very nice place if you are not looking for luxury.
Just do not loose the key. :)

Room Tip: Sea view room is a must!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GondolaM

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hungarian first
Manila
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The rest house in Bamboo Bungalow is big enough for me which is of course good. There are just two things that I really didn't liked which made me leave the rest house after staying for a night.

The first thing that I didn't like was the creepy looking place, it is as if I am living away from the civilization. The place is surrounded with trees and plants which is good. But at night they did not bother to put up some posts with lights for people to see where they are heading. The only lights that you will see are the lights at the verandas of each of the cottages there. It creeps the hell out of me, I can't stay late at night because I will be going to my room alone in the dark.

The second would be the dirty room and the dirty toilet bowls. The rooms are made from wood and of course I am expecting sand on the floor and all. But not on my bed, there are sand on my bed, and some spider webs on the frame which is hanging on the wall near my bed. So I cleaned my bed myself, since it was just a little problem. What I really didn't like was the toilet bowl. There are small thingys which are floating on the water of the bowl, even after flashing them all down. Oh I flashed them using a pale of water, because the flash isn't working. There were also baby mosquitos there, or (kiti-kiti) floating on the water. Yes, I can see them moving. It was too grows and scary to pee there.

Those are the things that I didn't liked. The rate is of course affordable, and the breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Kathkath011
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 June 2011

This place is reaaaaaalllllyyyy good. I'll just enumerate some of the reasons and you can go judge by yourself:
1. when they say it's beach front, it's beach front! 1 minute and you're there!
2. rooms are spacious! even the bath! I was staying at a family room which of course is SPACIOUS (duh!) but the owner was kind enough for me to look at the other rooms and they are spacious - considering the amount your paying, you can well enough do somersaults. airconditioning is good too!
3. beds are cozy - you can request for sheet replacements.
4. the free breakfast is hefty!! you can even get to choose it!
5. it is in station 2 where all the nice bars, budget marts, restaurants are just a stone throw away. Although if you want a really peaceful sleep opt for the garden rooms at the back. slightly lower cost though much quieter surroundings.

Room Tip: Beach front family rooms are the best!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank tan-skin-girl
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We were there for holy week.April 19 to 28. We are a family of 4 with 2 children aged 3 and 5.my sister in law and 2 neices joined us also.We had the family apartment with kitchen.The place was great.All ways had a quite
nights sleep.The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was really kind and friendly.
The breakfast served there was excellent.Great omlette and coffee.
The location is in the heart of the action.Not far to walk to get anywhere.D`mall 5 minutes,
beachfront is less then 1 minute walk.We would stay here again on our next visit.The
place has the traditional look,nipa roof not the commercial look of modern cement buidings.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TomCho
Nice, France
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We stayed at Bamboo Bungalows with our two children (6 and 4) in February 2011 and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a charming family run hotel and an authentic Boracay experience. The bungalows are set in a beautiful and peaceful garden with mature tropical plants that shade and provide privacy at the same time. The place is run by the lovely Marcy and the charming if slightly eccentric Chris and they have been on Boracay for more than 20 years. Their staff are wonderful and always ready to help with any request or issue that guests might have. We stayed in the new family apartment which has two air-conditioned rooms and a large sitting room, kitchenette and balcony. It was perfect. The beautiful garden is carefully enclosed so kids can run around safely. As another reviewer says the beach in front is the best part of the entire beach. The bar situated at the front of the resort next to the beach is called EXIT and is run by the Owner's hardworking son Kevin who is tireless in his efforts to entertain and serve guests. Bamboo is a rustic resort and not the type of place to have a 'kids club' but nevertheless it is perfect for kids and Chris will personally entertain the kids doing tricks with his faithful hound "Smiguel". Babysitting is available and easy to arrange. Breakfast is great. Boracay is a fantastic island and Bamboo Bungalows is THE place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Jim E
manila
Reviewed 14 February 2010

i've already stayed there about 6 times now and it will be the 7th this april, i admit we just keep coming back, and there a lot of reason why we keep coming back, nice front beach room, nice garden, nice staff, reasonable rates and a very good breakfast in garden, as i've said everything's nice

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marionceripulo
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 25 October 2008

After arriving at the hotel we booked online in advance "Butterfly Bungalows" on the other side of the island, we were so upset and disappointed. The other hotel was horrible, far away, and not at all what we wanted. We set out on foot to find a better place to stay for the week that would fit in our price range. We almost missed Bamboo Bungalows, because from the beach sidewalk on the outside it does not look like much. The inside is just wonderful though. We stayed in a large bungalow with our own front porch, comfortable adirondack chairs and hammocks. One of our favorite things to do was come home from a great dinner and drinks and smoke a cigar and sit out on the porch. Also, the bungalows have great hi-speed Internet that works out on the porch and in the room. It made it easy for us to plan our itinerary and stay in touch with friends on Skype at home.

The breakfast that comes with the room is wonderful too. Out in the little courtyard, the staff cooks up breakfast made to order for you. I enjoyed the American breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast and fresh mangos every morning, while my fiance liked the Asian style breakfast with rice and sweet sausage. The best part is that one morning I came out early and forgot his order, the nice lady working there remembered it for me and cooked up his favorite just for him!!

The service was great, we felt secure and so thankful to have ended up at this charming, relaxed laid back little haven!

• Liked — Service and Price
  • Disliked — a slight odor in our room
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MATRM